monday fun!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I remember how good Ojomo and Broha looked last year in preseason. They didnt even make the 53. Its just preseason. We are all just starved for football and try to make these players feel good stories. Every once in a while you find a Victor Cruz, but it is rare. Salvie was solid in college so there is potential, but he was passed around the league for a reason. Although, the so was Cameron Wake, once a NY Giant who was cut so you never know.
    There is a slight difference, though. So far I've seen pretty tempered expectations with Selvie-- most Cowboys fans are just hoping for a solid rotation guy.

Last year it seems like you guys were hoping for the same thing with Ojomo, but you still had 3 DEs that weren't going to be moved from their spots with Tuck, Osi and JPP. We don't have that 3rd go to guy as of yet... or at least it hasn't been solidified.

We lost Tyrone Crawford for the year, who likely would have been that guy, so now we're counting on a tweener in Kyle Wilber, a DE-DT tweener with Ben Bass, and now it appears possibly Selvie. All of those guys have looked good so far, but who knows how it will turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
      There is a slight difference, though. So far I've seen pretty tempered expectations with Selvie-- most Cowboys fans are just hoping for a solid rotation guy.

Last year it seems like you guys were hoping for the same thing with Ojomo, but you still had 3 DEs that weren't going to be moved from their spots with Tuck, Osi and JPP. We don't have that 3rd go to guy as of yet... or at least it hasn't been solidified.

We lost Tyrone Crawford for the year, who likely would have been that guy, so now we're counting on a tweener in Kyle Wilber, a DE-DT tweener with Ben Bass, and now it appears possibly Selvie. All of those guys have looked good so far, but who knows how it will turn out.
      And this is the only reason I watch preseason at all. Not to watch Eli or Romo, but to watch guys on the cust fighting for a spot.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

What are your thoughts on Cole Beasley? Does he make the 53 again? It looked like he made a couple mental errors vs Miami.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
          What are your thoughts on Cole Beasley? Does he make the 53 again? It looked like he made a couple mental errors vs Miami.
          Surprisingly, yeah I think he could make it. I was about to say 'no', but who's going to beat him out? Dez and Miles, obviously. Harris has secured his spot because he started to show something at WR last year, but his return ability is the biggest reason why he's a lock. Terence Williams is the supposed heir to Miles Austin's spot, so he's also probably a lock.

But there's not much else behind that and I think they like what he could become. My guess is he's got at least another year to make an impression.

Comment

Surprisingly, yeah I think he could make it. I was about to say 'no', but who's going to beat him out? Dez and Miles, obviously. Harris has secured his spot because he started to show something at WR last year, but his return ability is the biggest reason why he's a lock. Terence Williams is the supposed heir to Miles Austin's spot, so he's also probably a lock.

But there's not much else behind that and I think they like what he could become. My guess is he's got at least another year to make an impression.
            Agree, Beasley makes the 53 but this could be his last season if he doesn't make that jump to the next level. There really is no one else to take that spot, maybe Benford or Coale but I think those two get released in hopes that one of them makes the PS.
            sigpic

Comment

I know it couldn't have been a romo pick. lol

Comment

Anyone else like Miami's new unis?
                i liked them.. Pretty sharp. Also was impressed overall with Dallas running that 4-3.. I know its only ore season and most dallas starters didnt play but it Looked imposing at times
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Man just noticed Dallas will have two full preseason games under their belts before the giants even play one
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Since we are having fun...........

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

"Dear God, not this time of year again..."

"Why do my seasons always end sucking!"
                            The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              i liked them.. Pretty sharp. Also was impressed overall with Dallas running that 4-3.. I know its only ore season and most dallas starters didnt play but it Looked imposing at times
                              I think it will be gashed against the run at times, but they should be a very strong pass rush team.

Comment

The Sean Lee one is easily the most demoralizing

Comment

Working...
                                X