Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

he is annoying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    and how do you figure that? I always show
    You do not

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      You do not
      lol, uh....yes I do. and most people in here can verify that. ask around. you apparently don't come here to often

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
        lol, uh....yes I do. and most people in here can verify that. ask around. you apparently don't come here to often
        Maybe not. I probably don't recognize you that much because your posts are dumb.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Maybe not. I probably don't recognize you that much because your posts are dumb.
          quite frankly, you are playing dumb right now

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
            quite frankly, you are playing dumb right now
            oh sorry, Dez Bryant is dee bestest.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Moke View Post
              Maybe not. I probably don't recognize you that much because your posts are dumb.
              +1

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by NYG- View Post
                No way, the only receiver that Dallas has that is arguably better than his counterpart on the Giants is Dez over Nicks. If you are arguing that Dez is better, I disagree but I can see where you are coming from, but even so that margin is small. As far as the other wide receivers are concerned, our corps blows yours away. You have Dez, Austin(who is worse than Cruz by far), and behind them you have your 3rd round draft pick from this draft passed, followed by a bunch of nobodies. I'd say we are more than "moderately" better than Dallas as far as our WRs are concerned.

                I'll agree with you about Witten, but the fact of the matter is that the Giants passing game is good enough to where we don't need to incorporate the TE in it, where Dallas relies heavily on theirs. Romo will more than likely throw for more yards than Eli, however teams will fear our passing game much more so than Dallas'.

                Yeah I won't dispute Nicks vs Bryant. I think Bryant's better, but I'm okay with people having Nicks over him at this point. Either way it goes, the answer to that will probably be clearer after this year.

                Austin is not 'by far' worse than Cruz. It's hard to judge where he really is at this point in his career-- he's had a string of bad luck with health issues (his and Romo's in 2010). But they're very similar as far as origin and production goes. His breakout year was pretty comparable to Cruz'. In fact, Cruz only averaged 5 more yards per game after his break out game vs PHI than Austin, and had less TDs.

                Cruz is probably a better compliment to Nicks than Austin is to Bryant, but also I think Austin is more of a true number 1 that could fill in if Bryant somehow goes down with injury. And all in all, unbiased fans around the league would probably have Bryant over Nicks and Cruz over Austin, so both you and I are probably not far off-- so... push?

                You mentioned we have a bunch of nobodies after Austin and Bryant, but who do the Giants really have? Everyone is dropping Randle's name, but what has he proven so far? Honestly, not much more than Dwayne Harris really. Jernigan has shown even less, and Ramses Barden... to put it lightly, I don't see why the Giants are still using a roster spot on this guy. It's either a bad move or brilliant clairvoyance. Louis Murphy is someone to possibly get excited about, which is ironic seeing how badly he was shut down by Prince last year in your meeting with the Panthers.

                But I will concede that Murphy would probably be a good third option and actually has shown something substantial in the league, hence why I have the Giants WRs moderately over the Cowboys.


                ...Hooray! Football's back!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Healthy, Id take Nicks over Dez, Id take Cruz over Austin, Id take Randle over, who is the 3rd WR for the boys?, I still havent seen Myers play in the Giants system so Ill take Witten over Myers for now.
                  Likely Randle vs Williams... both will be pretty comparable in the future, but Randle's got at least the one year on him, so I'd give him the edge for now. Randle vs Harris is a push at best right now.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                    Don't get me wrong, I like Witten & he's a top 5 TE & a tough football player...but all he's good for is 9 yd catches & the go to guy every time Dallas is in 3rd & long. Why a D just doesn't have a SS or LB jam him at the LOS on 3rd & long is beyond me. In the Giants win last yr, he had like 18 rec & his YPC was around 9yds. Not like he killed us. but every time they needed to convert a 3rd down, a freaking Giants LB couldn't cover him!
                    It's a fair observation, but I think you'll notice that Witten's drop in YPC avg directly correlates to the depletion of our OL over his career. You'll notice that he was top 10 in YPC up until the line started to decline. Therefore, he's just not asked to make plays down field any longer. He's asked to do what you've said above... convert 3rd downs and be a reliable safety valve. That doesn't mean that he can't make plays down the field-- believe me, he's still got it.

                    Is he the best receiving TE in the league? Hardly. But he's still one of the better ones in the league.

                    Also it's tough to jam a TE for numerous reasons. Witten's bumped at the line often by LBers, but the guy is just a savvy vet and runs very good routes. He's just going to get open.
                    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 08-15-2013, 04:23 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      After the year, it'll be clear that:

                      Dez > Nicks
                      Cruz >>>>>>> Austin
                      Randle > Williams
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        After the year, it'll be clear that:

                        Dez > Nicks
                        Cruz >>>>>>> Austin
                        Randle > Williams
                        Yup.

                        I think Dez is going to have a ridiculous season...wouldn't be surprised if he leads the league in receiving yards when the season ends.

                        Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          TMZ.....nuff said
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                            Yeah I won't dispute Nicks vs Bryant. I think Bryant's better, but I'm okay with people having Nicks over him at this point. Either way it goes, the answer to that will probably be clearer after this year.

                            Austin is not 'by far' worse than Cruz. It's hard to judge where he really is at this point in his career-- he's had a string of bad luck with health issues (his and Romo's in 2010). But they're very similar as far as origin and production goes. His breakout year was pretty comparable to Cruz'. In fact, Cruz only averaged 5 more yards per game after his break out game vs PHI than Austin, and had less TDs.

                            Cruz is probably a better compliment to Nicks than Austin is to Bryant, but also I think Austin is more of a true number 1 that could fill in if Bryant somehow goes down with injury. And all in all, unbiased fans around the league would probably have Bryant over Nicks and Cruz over Austin, so both you and I are probably not far off-- so... push?

                            You mentioned we have a bunch of nobodies after Austin and Bryant, but who do the Giants really have? Everyone is dropping Randle's name, but what has he proven so far? Honestly, not much more than Dwayne Harris really. Jernigan has shown even less, and Ramses Barden... to put it lightly, I don't see why the Giants are still using a roster spot on this guy. It's either a bad move or brilliant clairvoyance. Louis Murphy is someone to possibly get excited about, which is ironic seeing how badly he was shut down by Prince last year in your meeting with the Panthers.

                            But I will concede that Murphy would probably be a good third option and actually has shown something substantial in the league, hence why I have the Giants WRs moderately over the Cowboys.


                            ...Hooray! Football's back!

                            I disagree about the Cruz/Austin comparison, if Cruz puts up another 1,000 yard + year it won't even be debatable. Austins career yardage and touchdowns are pretty bad considering how long he has been in the league. Randle may be an unknown at the moment, but he has a very high ceiling, and Murphy is at the minimum a threat to take the top off of the defense. As far as Barden is concerned, I agree with you he is a wasted roster spot, and Jernigan isn't great either except that he has shown potential value in the return game.
                            Last edited by NYG-; 08-16-2013, 05:15 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by NYG- View Post
                              I disagree about the Cruz/Austin comparison, if Cruz puts up another 1,000 yard + year it won't even be debatable. Austins career yardage and touchdowns are pretty bad considering how long he has been in the league. Randle may be an unknown at the moment, but he has a very high ceiling, and Murphy is at the minimum a threat to take the top off of the defense. As far as Barden is concerned, I agree with you he is a wasted roster spot, and Jernigan isn't great either except that he has shown potential value in the return game.
                              Really? I've always liked the Austin/Cruz comparison.

                              Both Jersey kids. Both UFAs. Both had their breakout seasons after an injury to a teammate, at age 25. Then both had a down year the following season. They have completely different styles, but it's not hard to see the parallels of Austin and Cruz.

                              I think if Cruz puts up another 1,000 yard season it won't really settle all that much, to be honest. I think it would have to be that versus how Austin will do this year. If he has the same health concerns and doesn't produce then, yeah, you can place Cruz further ahead of him. But again, Austin has been hamstrung the last 2 years so it's not like "Oh Austin didn't have 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, so therefore Cruz is better" if that makes sense.

                              I think Randle could be pretty good, too. But I'm not going to count on it yet. If I were to do that, I could easily say the same thing about Williams and this would still be a push. At this time, Louis Murphy is the only real edge the Giants have over Dallas if we're talking about WRs-- just my opinion and I'm doing my best to be as objective as possible.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by NYG- View Post
                                I disagree about the Cruz/Austin comparison, if Cruz puts up another 1,000 yard + year it won't even be debatable. Austins career yardage and touchdowns are pretty bad considering how long he has been in the league. Randle may be an unknown at the moment, but he has a very high ceiling, and Murphy is at the minimum a threat to take the top off of the defense. As far as Barden is concerned, I agree with you he is a wasted roster spot, and Jernigan isn't great either except that he has shown potential value in the return game.
                                lol, this is a bunch of hogwash....you gonna hear it here first, Austin, Dez, AND Witten will each get a 1000 yards this season if healthy. bank on it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X