Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

he is annoying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    and if ur gonna afford austin the romo/kitna excuse, wouldnt cruz be afforded the "nicks was hurt so teams could focus solely on cruz" excuse?

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      my comment was more directed at the labeling of cruz's 2nd yr as an off yr. while he didnt put up 1500 yds and whatever the stat line was in 2011, he still put up, what, top 5? top 10? wr #s?
      whatd he have in this "off year" like 1100-1200 yards? 10 tds? 80-90 receptions?
      yea, basically miles career yr...
      Are you serious? I just posted the numbers above. Cruz had 1,092 (so about 1,100-- I'll round up) 10 tds. He was 15th overall in yards (19th in yds/gm), finishing just above Hartline. Where you want to place him for overall rank is subjective.

      Which, yes, is pretty similar to Miles Austin down year following his breakout year when he finished 14th overall in yards (20th in yds/gm).

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        and, your comment about kitna/austin vs romo/austin is pure speculation. you feel that the rappore wasnt there. from what i remember of watching the cowboys, and i actually do watch other teams and try to be educated, kitna wasnt exactly afraid to just throw it up to austin.

        in fact, that season, we beat u guys in dallas with romo, and then u guys beat us with kitna at giants stadium. dallas with romo 1-6, w/kitna like 4-5 was it? i recall couple players even murmuring that there should be legit qb battle between the 2 lol. but to say austin would have produced more had romo been there is unfounded imo. maybe he has less? maybe romo is more judicious that yr with the ball compared to kitna whom like i said, from the recollection i had, had absolutely no qualm throwing the ball downfield.

        and, yes, cruz's "off year" was virtually austins career yr in many aspects. same TDs about same receptions...how many times was austin targeted the season he had 80 receptions? i'd venture it was the same or more than cruz's "off year"

        and where exactly is Austin's best yr "far better" than cruz's "off year"? bc all i see is a diff of 3 yards per reception and about 150 total yards (less than 10 per gam)...
        Pure speculation, you say? Is that why Austin's 5 complete games with Romo he had three 140+ yard games? With Kitna he just crossed 100 yards twice more for the rest of the season. Not to mention, he received roughly 40% of his targets for the year in those 5 games.

        You didn't beat us in Dallas with Romo. When Romo went out of the game the Cowboys were up double digits IIRC. Kitna came in, and the Cowboys lost. I'm not saying Kitna was garbage, but he certainly didn't have the same rapport with Austin as Romo did. And yes there was some murmuring that there should be competition between the two (from the village idiot, Martellus Bennett, no less). Anyone who watched the games know it wasn't Kitna that was making the biggest difference. Pasquloni's defense was more opportunistic, doubling the amount of takeaways from the first half of the season. I'm sure you remember Kitna starting against the Packers... ya know. When we lost 45-7.

        And no, Austin's best year is Miles (ha!) better than Cruz' down year. He wins in bulk stats, but more importantly averages. Again, Miles did not get his first start until week 5. Cruz started every game.

        Just for quick comparison sake, Austin averaged 103 yds/gm in 2009 after he became the starter. Cruz averaged about 35 yards per game less at 68 yds/gm. There's more, but I'll just leave it at that.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          and if ur gonna afford austin the romo/kitna excuse, wouldnt cruz be afforded the "nicks was hurt so teams could focus solely on cruz" excuse?
          I did, initially. Back a few posts when I brought up the parallels between the two. But I went back and cropped some out some wording to try to keep it shorter.

          It's important to note both players faced adversity through injury through teammates-- Nicks for the Giants, Romo for the Cowboys.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
            Pure speculation, you say? Is that why Austin's 5 complete games with Romo he had three 140+ yard games? With Kitna he just crossed 100 yards twice more for the rest of the season. Not to mention, he received roughly 40% of his targets for the year in those 5 games.

            You didn't beat us in Dallas with Romo. When Romo went out of the game the Cowboys were up double digits IIRC. Kitna came in, and the Cowboys lost. I'm not saying Kitna was garbage, but he certainly didn't have the same rapport with Austin as Romo did. And yes there was some murmuring that there should be competition between the two (from the village idiot, Martellus Bennett, no less). Anyone who watched the games know it wasn't Kitna that was making the biggest difference. Pasquloni's defense was more opportunistic, doubling the amount of takeaways from the first half of the season. I'm sure you remember Kitna starting against the Packers... ya know. When we lost 45-7.

            And no, Austin's best year is Miles (ha!) better than Cruz' down year. He wins in bulk stats, but more importantly averages. Again, Miles did not get his first start until week 5. Cruz started every game.

            Just for quick comparison sake, Austin averaged 103 yds/gm in 2009 after he became the starter. Cruz averaged about 35 yards per game less at 68 yds/gm. There's more, but I'll just leave it at that.
            I love this guy lol

            Comment


            • #81
              I loooooooove Austin as a flex play this year. His ADP is mid-late 80s. Top-notch value in FF.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                Pure speculation, you say? Is that why Austin's 5 complete games with Romo he had three 140+ yard games? With Kitna he just crossed 100 yards twice more for the rest of the season. Not to mention, he received roughly 40% of his targets for the year in those 5 games.
                Yeah I remember that; Kitna had more interest in Dez.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  I loooooooove Austin as a flex play this year. His ADP is mid-late 80s. Top-notch value in FF.
                  Dog****.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
                    really? does anyone really even care anymore when jerry opens his mouth? as a Dallas fan I've never liked him but I could really care less what he says. it has no effect on football. the only thing I am happy about concerning him is that he doesn't go onto the sidelines anymore during the games. But so what if he says we winning the super bowl? lol, its funny how some of yall and other fans take offense to what jerry says when he isn't even your problem.
                    Its funny how you continue to pop up here on an a NY Giants message board when you are a Dallas Cowboys fan, which is also kind of funny because you have never even been to Dallas.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Meanwhile in Minnesota, three first-round picks and three losses later.... lol

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                        Its funny how you continue to pop up here on an a NY Giants message board when you are a Dallas Cowboys fan, which is also kind of funny because you have never even been to Dallas.
                        and what makes you think ive never been to Dallas? lol, please amuse me with this one

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
                          and what makes you think ive never been to Dallas? lol, please amuse me with this one
                          Tell us all where you are from and then amuse us with your idiotic story on why you root for Dallas Cowboys.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                            Tell us all where you are from and then amuse us with your idiotic story on why you root for Dallas Cowboys.
                            .lol, sorry I am not playing this little game. its amusing watching the g's show ultimate suckage. worry about your teams decline instead of where I live.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
                              .lol, sorry I am not playing this little game. its amusing watching the g's show ultimate suckage. worry about your teams decline instead of where I live.
                              We ain't worried Crue, a Cowboy collapse is imminent.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Looks like we could be playing his team for first place in three weeks
                                Football has been very, very good to us.
                                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                                # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                                1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                                4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE
                                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                                ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X