Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Brady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steven A. Also had to say. While I give him much credit for getting them as far as they did without good WRs and feel he should of been regular season MVP over Peyton just based on what they both had to work with. He went onto say that people forget that even though Brady has 18 Post a season Victories that he was at one point 10-0. Since then he is only 8-8 and has lost two Super Bowls and back to back AFCCGs. He also sold that Brady as good as he is regarded has not won a SB since 04
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • I find it funny that before the game people were talking about how Peyton's legacy was on the line if he lost the game. Since he won, people are saying Peyton's legacy is secure and Brady's legacy is shaky because he hasn't won a title since 2004 and can no longer be counted on to win the 'big games'. It's crazy. Peyton and Brady have both accomplished enough in their careers where people can make the case for them equally being the greatest of all time.

      Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
      Peyton Manning is 11-11 in postseason and 1-1 in SuperBowl appearances. More than likely he will collapse in SuperBowl XLVIII and it will be blamed on the cold weather.

      Tom Brady is 18-8 in postseason and 3-2 in SuperBowls. The postseason performnace and records aren't even close. There is never an excuse for when Tom Brady loses in the postseason.

      No excuses for Brady when he loses in the postseason? People have claimed repeatedly that Brady lost two Super Bowls to the Giants because the Giants got lucky, and people are already making excuses for him losing the AFC Championship game because of all the injuries that the Pats had to deal with or saying he didn't have the kind of weapons that Peyton had.
      Last edited by kingcap88; 01-21-2014, 02:53 PM.
      One of these teams is not like the others

      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
        I find it funny that before the game people were talking about how Peyton's legacy was on the line if he lost the game. Since he won, people are saying Peyton's legacy is secure and Brady's legacy is shaky because he hasn't won a title since 2004 and can no longer be counted on to win the 'big games'. It's crazy. Peyton and Brady have both accomplished enough in their careers where people can make the case for them equally being the greatest of all time.




        No excuses for Brady when he loses in the postseason? People have claimed repeatedly that Brady lost two Super Bowls to the Giants because the Giants got lucky, and people are already making excuses for him losing the AFC Championship game because of all the injuries that the Pats had to deal with or saying he didn't have the kind of weapons that Peyton had.
        I don't buy it. Sure Brady led the patriots down the field for the go ahead TD with 2:42 left in 2007. So he did His job to get them in position to win at 14-10. Tom Brady doesn't play Defense so he wasn't on the field when the giants moved it all the way down for the winning points. But I will point out that the 2007 Patriots had broken records in all the major offensive stats like yards, points, TDs etc. up to the point of that TD at 2:42 left in the game the giants had held brady and his record breaking offense to just 7 points for almost the whole game..
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
          I find it funny that before the game people were talking about how Peyton's legacy was on the line if he lost the game. Since he won, people are saying Peyton's legacy is secure and Brady's legacy is shaky because he hasn't won a title since 2004 and can no longer be counted on to win the 'big games'. It's crazy. Peyton and Brady have both accomplished enough in their careers where people can make the case for them equally being the greatest of all time.




          No excuses for Brady when he loses in the postseason? People have claimed repeatedly that Brady lost two Super Bowls to the Giants because the Giants got lucky, and people are already making excuses for him losing the AFC Championship game because of all the injuries that the Pats had to deal with or saying he didn't have the kind of weapons that Peyton had.
          Peyton Manning's legacy was secure regardless if won AFC Championship Game. Now, I think SuperBowl is going to have much more of an effect. if he loses it in the manner of the last one he did when he threw the pick six and choked against New Orleans Saints, it will be a stain on his legacy. H ewill still be regarded as one of the best regular season QBs ever but his performance in the clutch in big games will be brough in to question. If he loses it the way Kurt Warner lost against Pittsburgh, Ben Rothlisberger lost against Green Bay or Tom Brady against NY Giants, I don't think there will be a stain. It will be obvious he played well and his team just got outplayed. Now, if Peyton Manning wins SuperBowl against Seattle Seahawks, he may be remembered as the greatest ever, right up there with Joe Montana and Bart Starr. I think Seattle Seahawks are going to beat Denver Broncos and if the weather is bad, I think it will be a blowout.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            I don't buy it. Sure Brady led the patriots down the field for the go ahead TD with 2:42 left in 2007. So he did His job to get them in position to win at 14-10. Tom Brady doesn't play Defense so he wasn't on the field when the giants moved it all the way down for the winning points. But I will point out that the 2007 Patriots had broken records in all the major offensive stats like yards, points, TDs etc. up to the point of that TD at 2:42 left in the game the giants had held brady and his record breaking offense to just 7 points for almost the whole game..
            I don 't buy any of those excuses for Brady, either. But Brady is the 'Golden Boy' of the NFL and they would love nothing more than to be able to say he's got more rings than any QB in history. Personally, I don't think Brady will ever win a 4th ring, at least not as long as Peyton and Eli are playing.


            Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            Peyton Manning's legacy was secure regardless if won AFC Championship Game. Now, I think SuperBowl is going to have much more of an effect. if he loses it in the manner of the last one he did when he threw the pick six and choked against New Orleans Saints, it will be a stain on his legacy. H ewill still be regarded as one of the best regular season QBs ever but his performance in the clutch in big games will be brough in to question. If he loses it the way Kurt Warner lost against Pittsburgh, Ben Rothlisberger lost against Green Bay or Tom Brady against NY Giants, I don't think there will be a stain. It will be obvious he played well and his team just got outplayed. Now, if Peyton Manning wins SuperBowl against Seattle Seahawks, he may be remembered as the greatest ever, right up there with Joe Montana and Bart Starr. I think Seattle Seahawks are going to beat Denver Broncos and if the weather is bad, I think it will be a blowout.
            Yeah, I know Peyton's legacy was secure before he won the game just like Brady's legacy is secure despite losing it. I just found it funny that the talking heads in the media were trying to act like that one game could cement or tarnish either Peyton or Brady's legacies.

            I agree that Peyton's track record in the postseason isn't the greatest and if he loses the SB people will keep talking about how he chokes in the postseason.

            But regardless of whether Peyton wins his second Super Bowl or his 5th MVP award he's still going to go down in history as one of the greatest to ever play the game. There's a reason why NFL players named him the most respected player in the game. To come back from multiple neck surgeries, get essentially dumped by the Colts and lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl in his second year in Denver is amazing, to say the least. If he wins the Super Bowl, it's going to be the cherry on top.
            One of these teams is not like the others

            sigpic

            Comment


            • He'd be only QB to win it for two separate teams. An accomplishment in itself. However I'm going to agree with you and say Seattle wins their first SB title
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                He would look better than any other QB with that offensive line.

                Just like he would look better than any other QB with those WRs.
                No pocket passer would have looked good behind the Giants O-line this year. Not even Brady or the other Manning.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                  Peyton Manning is 11-11 in postseason and 1-1 in SuperBowl appearances. More than likely he will collapse in SuperBowl XLVIII and it will be blamed on the cold weather.

                  Tom Brady is 18-8 in postseason and 3-2 in SuperBowls. The postseason performnace and records aren't even close. There is never an excuse for when Tom Brady loses in the postseason.
                  Why do you keep saying Tom Brady never has excuses?? Every day I hear about the injury excuse for him. He had no WRs, no OL, ect. He gets plenty of excuses! Samuel drops the INT, Tyree lucky catch, Welker drop, ect...

                  What they should have are excuses why he won... TUCK RULE, SPYGATE, VINITIERI, How about the AFC Champ game in 2011 when the Ravens scored the game winner, but it was dropped! Sure Brady has had plenty of great games, but he also had plenty of bad ones. Do you give credit to Ben Roethlisberger for winning his first SB? Look at Brady in his SB winning days. He wasnt as great a player as he is now.

                  2001: 18Tds 12INTs 2843 yards
                  2002: 28Tds 14INTs 3700+ yards
                  2004: 28Tds 14INTs 3600+ yards

                  Not exactly dominating back then, yet was 10-0 in the postseason with 3 SB wins.

                  When he was winning those SBs, Brady had a top 5 defense everytime. Tell me the last time Peyton had a top 5 defense...
                  Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-21-2014, 03:39 PM.
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    Why do you keep saying Tom Brady never has excuses?? Every day I hear about the injury excuse for him. He had no WRs, no OL, ect. He gets plenty of excuses! Samuel drops the INT, Tyree lucky catch, Welker drop, ect...

                    What they should have are excuses why he won... TUCK RULE, SPYGATE, VINITIERI, How about the AFC Champ game in 2011 when the Ravens scored the game winner, but it was dropped! Sure Brady has had plenty of great games, but he also had plenty of bad ones. Do you give credit to Ben Roethlisberger for winning his first SB? Look at Brady in his SB winning days. He wasnt as great a player as he is now.

                    2001: 18Tds 12INTs 2843 yards
                    2002: 28Tds 14INTs 3700+ yards
                    2004: 28Tds 14INTs 3600+ yards

                    Not exactly dominating back then, yet was 10-0 in the postseason with 3 SB wins.

                    When he was winning those SBs, Brady had a top 5 defense everytime. Tell me the last time Peyton had a top 5 defense...
                    Tom Brady is a better QB now than he was when he won those SuperBowls, I agree with you.

                    The thing is that we are the ones that talk about excuses for them but I don't think either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning makes excuses.

                    Peyton Mannign also played with Viniteri.

                    One thing I haven't mentioned in this thread and I think it is very impressive is that beside Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning is the only QB to take two different teams to SuperBowl. That in and of itself is a great accomplishment.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Why do you keep saying Tom Brady never has excuses?? Every day I hear about the injury excuse for him. He had no WRs, no OL, ect. He gets plenty of excuses! Samuel drops the INT, Tyree lucky catch, Welker drop, ect...

                      What they should have are excuses why he won... TUCK RULE, SPYGATE, VINITIERI, How about the AFC Champ game in 2011 when the Ravens scored the game winner, but it was dropped! Sure Brady has had plenty of great games, but he also had plenty of bad ones. Do you give credit to Ben Roethlisberger for winning his first SB? Look at Brady in his SB winning days. He wasnt as great a player as he is now.

                      2001: 18Tds 12INTs 2843 yards
                      2002: 28Tds 14INTs 3700+ yards
                      2004: 28Tds 14INTs 3600+ yards

                      Not exactly dominating back then, yet was 10-0 in the postseason with 3 SB wins.

                      When he was winning those SBs, Brady had a top 5 defense everytime. Tell me the last time Peyton had a top 5 defense...
                      its funny though.. At the same time that he has way better numbers now since the 10-0 and 3SB wins he also has only gone 8-8 in his next 16 postseason games. That includes two loses in his most recent SBs (2007/2011) and also 0-2 (20012/2013) last two AFCCGs. In also had another AFCCG loss to Peyton in 2006. So while he has enjoyed record breaking numbers and stats in past ten seasons he has zero titles to show for it and no SB wins since 04 & is only 1-3 in AFCCGs .
                      Last edited by miked1958; 01-21-2014, 10:21 PM.
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                      Comment


                      • So maybe just maybe there's something to just having average regular seasons and cash those into SB Titles like brady did in 01, 02 & 04 and Eli did in 07/11
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          So maybe just maybe there's something to just having average regular seasons and cash those into SB Titles like brady did in 01, 02 & 04 and Eli did in 07/11
                          Well, Peyton has a shot at both, like the 2007 Brady (although Brady didnt break the yards record). If Peyton nails this Superbowl, against probably one of the greatest defenses in NFL superbowl history, there is no denying (for the haters) that he is one of the greatest, if not the greatest outside Montana. It is just unfathomable all the records and dominance he had as a Colt, with at times not much help (he made some of those WRs look great), and making 2 Superbowl appearances and now doing the same thing as a Bronco and doing it in mind blowing fashion (5,477 yards, 55TDs). I dont care what team you have around you, those are mind blowing statistics. This will go down as the greatest season a QB ever had, even taking in mind the inflated offensive statistics now a days.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                          Comment


                          • Yet all those greats stats and records won't be remembered as much if Peyton loses the SB

                            He would then be 1-2 in the big game

                            Brady's great stats and 18-0 in 07 don't mean as much as they couldn't get the perfect season

                            Comment


                            • Peyton is a better QB and it isn't even close.

                              Brady has had his share of epic chokes in the playoffs himself. INT by Bailey with a chance to win and the loss to the Colts in 06 come to mind. Nobody wants to talk about the facts because ESPN loves Brady and the Pats. But the bottom line is, Brady has been average in the post season since his last ring.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                                Peyton is a better QB and it isn't even close.

                                Brady has had his share of epic chokes in the playoffs himself. INT by Bailey with a chance to win and the loss to the Colts in 06 come to mind. Nobody wants to talk about the facts because ESPN loves Brady and the Pats. But the bottom line is, Brady has been average in the post season since his last ring.
                                He hasn't been average since his last ring because he has been back to 2 more SuperBowls and they were very close games. His record is 8-8 since his last ring but he has been successful.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X