Tom Brady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Denver Broncos were the better team and Peyton Manning outplayed Tom Bardy, I never claimed he didn't.
    Ok, but...
    Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Peyton Manning has repeatedly choked throughout playoffs during his NFL career.
    Here we go.Just because Peyton and his team has had their off moments in the playoffs he's suddenly labeled a "choker"?
    Right now, he is on a team that is a heck of a lot more stacked than NE Patriots
    Agreed. Just like the Patriots were a better team than the Colts during the 2000's.
    but I think the game would've had a different outcome if it was played in NE in cold weather.
    Irrelevant because the Broncos won the home field advantage.
    That is why home field is so important, especially for guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Bress that repeatedly collapse in inclement weather.
    Ok let me reword this a bit:
    That is why spygate is so important, especially for someone like Tom Brady because he hasn't won a Super Bowl since then.

...See what I did there
    Last edited by Eli's Giants; 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
      Ok, but...

Here we go.Just because Peyton and his team has had their off moments in the playoffs he's suddenly labeled a "choker"?

Agreed. Just like the Patriots were a better team than the Colts during the 2000's.

Irrelevant because the Broncos won the home field advantage.

Ok let me reword this a bit:
      That is why spygate is so important, especially for someone like Tom Brady because he hasn't won a Super Bowl since then.

...See what I did there
      He has been to two SuperBowls since then and lost them both by a close score. He didn't choke and throw a pick six in either of those games to lose them like Peyton Manning did.

Comment

He has been to two SuperBowls since then and lost them both by a close score. He didn't choke and throw a pick six in either of those games to lose them like Peyton Manning did.
        Brady threw the game losing INT to the Colts in the AFC championship game. Manning has a higher career passer rating in the playoffs than Brady, what you fail to realize is it takes a team to win the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
          Brady threw the game losing INT to the Colts in the AFC championship game. Manning has a higher career passer rating in the playoffs than Brady, what you fail to realize is it takes a team to win the Super Bowl.
          Read one of my earlier posts in this thread and you will see that I do realize that. The very fact that Peyton Manning is taking his second team to SuperBowl is a huge accomplishment only matched by The Great Kurt Warner.

The post season is not even close between the tow. Tom Brady has been to 5 SuperBowls with NE Patriots teams that were different from each other. Peyton Manning has been to 2 and is now taking his second team to a 3rd.l

Comment

• I'm going to tie Tom Brady and Richard Sherman together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdD5PlDAT6A

So Mr. "We're only going to score 17 points (SB 42)? chuckle chuckle chuckle" Tom Brady trash talks too. It's just part of their competitive nature.

Comment

Read one of my earlier posts in this thread and you will see that I do realize that. The very fact that Peyton Manning is taking his second team to SuperBowl is a huge accomplishment only matched by The Great Kurt Warner.
              By the way you replied to my earlier posts by saying Peyton is a "choker" and his team was stacked, it seems that you didn't realize it. In fact you sounded like a Brady homer and a Manning hater.
              The post season is not even close between the tow.
              How so? Manning has the better career numbers in the postseason between the two.
              Tom Brady has been to 5 SuperBowls with NE Patriots teams that were different from each other.
              Who cares if they were different, bottom line is they were both talented as heck.
              Peyton Manning has been to 2 and is now taking his second team to a 3rd.l
              May not be as successful as the Patriots, but it is very impressive. And don't forget to mention that Peyton is about to win his 5th MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                I'm going to tie Tom Brady and Richard Sherman together.

So Mr. "We're only going to score 17 points (SB 42)? chuckle chuckle chuckle" Tom Brady trash talks too. It's just part of their competitive nature.
                Of course it is. I am happy Tom Brady stated what he did because it fired our defense up Michael Strahan talks about it in Americas Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                  I'm going to tie Tom Brady and Richard Sherman together.

loved that. Laughed about the thought of the giants holding them to 17 points. They held them to 14 and in fact held Them to 7 pretty much the whole game until they scored with 2:42 left in the game. Boy did he ever put his foot in his mouth
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    loved that. Laughed about the thought of the giants holding them to 17 points. They held them to 14 and in fact held Them to 7 pretty much the whole game until they scored with 2:42 left in the game. Boy did he ever put his foot in his mouth

Which was puzzling to say the least since the Pats hadn't really been scoring that many points in the playoffs that year (or since frankly). What had they just come off scoring like 21 against the Chargers? I wouldn't be surprised that save for a couple of blowouts against crappy defensive teams, if they're playoff scoring average over the past 5 years or so isn't all that high.

Comment

He hasn't been average since his last ring because he has been back to 2 more SuperBowls and they were very close games. His record is 8-8 since his last ring but he has been successful.
                      He has been average since his last ring. Peyton will be going to his third SB since 2005 and has a ring to show for it.

Successful to me is winning SB. Brady hasn't in almost a decade. He's done.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        He has been average since his last ring. Peyton will be going to his third SB since 2005 and has a ring to show for it.

Successful to me is winning SB. Brady hasn't in almost a decade. He's done.
                        No he hasn't been average. He has been to 2 SuperBowls and 5 AFC Championship Games since then.

Successful is not marked only by winning SuperBowl.

Comment

No, he just could not get the job done with ample amount of time. In both SBs he had some time left to have a game winning drive. He didnt get it done. And the Welker throw was off. High and behind him. Otherwise, the Pats probably win that superbowl, but as you like to say, he choked on the throw.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            No, he just could not get the job done with ample amount of time. In both SBs he had some time left to have a game winning drive. He didnt get it done. And the Welker throw was off. High and behind him. Otherwise, the Pats probably win that superbowl, but as you like to say, he choked on the throw.
                            Actually the throw was right on the money and Wes Welker choked on it. He should've made the catch.

Tom Brady didn't have much time left at the end of either of those SuperBowls. I am very happy he didn't have ample time left and I am very happy his receivers kept dropping passes on the final drive of SuperBowl XLVI.

Comment

Actually the throw was right on the money and Wes Welker choked on it. He should've made the catch.

Tom Brady didn't have much time left at the end of either of those SuperBowls. I am very happy he didn't have ample time left and I am very happy his receivers kept dropping passes on the final drive of SuperBowl XLVI.
                              Right on the money? LOL Again, its the Brady glasses. Tom Brady has thrown thousands of better balls then that. He didnt hit Welker in stride, at all. He made it a difficult catch for WElker. Was it catchable? Yeah. Was it an easy catch? Nope. High and behind.

On the second point, if that was Eli in those situations, he would of led the team down the field at that time. Brady did not get it done, especially in 2011. And in 2007, they only scored 14 points. And they were arguably the greatest offense to ever play (until this year past by Peyton). 14 points! I blame that on Brady, sorry. And 17 points in the 2nd superbowl. Yet you get on Peyton for only scoring 35 in a playoff loss last year....

What did he do this year? Oh, 16 points against Denvers D, a TD in garbage time. 3 points in 3 quarters. Broncos had the 22nd ranked D during the season. Pats had the 10th.
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Right on the money? LOL Again, its the Brady glasses. Tom Brady has thrown thousands of better balls then that. He didnt hit Welker in stride, at all. He made it a difficult catch for WElker. Was it catchable? Yeah. Was it an easy catch? Nope. High and behind.

On the second point, if that was Eli in those situations, he would of led the team down the field at that time. Brady did not get it done, especially in 2011. And in 2007, they only scored 14 points. And they were arguably the greatest offense to ever play (until this year past by Peyton). 14 points! I blame that on Brady, sorry. And 17 points in the 2nd superbowl. Yet you get on Peyton for only scoring 35 in a playoff loss last year....

What did he do this year? Oh, 16 points against Denvers D, a TD in garbage time. 3 points in 3 quarters. Broncos had the 22nd ranked D during the season. Pats had the 10th.
                                Yea in 07 they were held to 14 points. But what people fail to remember is that high powered offense was actually held to 7 points for most of that game. They didn't get their second TD till only 2:42 was left in the game.

Also as you mentioned they only scored 17 in the second game. That's a total of 31 points in 8 quarters for their storied offenses. They scored more in final game of 07 season in just one game when they beat us 38-35 I believe. And during both of those regular seasons and playoffs they'd routinely put big points on a regular basis. In fact in a lot of their games they reached 31 points by half time.... Lol
                                Quite an Accomplishment if you ask me but all anyone wants to talk about is if it wasn't for this play or that the patriots would of won?? Give me a break they were manhandled both times by our defenses
                                Football has been very, very good to us.
                                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                                4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE
                                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                                X