Tom Brady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Right on the money? LOL Again, its the Brady glasses. Tom Brady has thrown thousands of better balls then that. He didnt hit Welker in stride, at all. He made it a difficult catch for WElker. Was it catchable? Yeah. Was it an easy catch? Nope. High and behind.

On the second point, if that was Eli in those situations, he would of led the team down the field at that time. Brady did not get it done, especially in 2011. And in 2007, they only scored 14 points. And they were arguably the greatest offense to ever play (until this year past by Peyton). 14 points! I blame that on Brady, sorry. And 17 points in the 2nd superbowl. Yet you get on Peyton for only scoring 35 in a playoff loss last year....

What did he do this year? Oh, 16 points against Denvers D, a TD in garbage time. 3 points in 3 quarters. Broncos had the 22nd ranked D during the season. Pats had the 10th.
    Wes Welker turned around and did a pirouette when he saw the ball, he freaked out. If he didn't do that, the ball would've hit him in stride. It was an esay cath and one that Wes Welker should've made 100 out of 100 times.

Peyton Manning choked in last years playoff against Baltimore Ravens because he panicked and tossed a ridiculous INT in OT. I remember watching that and before the play, folks were saying "watch him throw the pick" and "he'll choke as always." Right on que, Peyton Manning did the expected and threw another head scratching INT in playoffs with game on the line.

If Denvoer Broncos lose SuperBowl XLVIII, the masses will claim that it wasn't fair to Peyton Manning because the game was played in the cold, it was too windy, his team sucked, his RB wasn't powerful enough, his defense wasn't as good, etc.........etc.......there will be excuses overflowing to make up for the fact that the guy has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a postseason choke artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Yea in 07 they were held to 14 points. But what people fail to remember is that high powered offense was actually held to 7 points for most of that game. They didn't get their second TD till only 2:42 was left in the game.

Also as you mentioned they only scored 17 in the second game. That's a total of 31 points in 8 quarters for their storied offenses. They scored more in final game of 07 season in just one game when they beat us 38-35 I believe. And during both of those regular seasons and playoffs they'd routinely put big points on a regular basis. In fact in a lot of their games they reached 31 points by half time.... Lol
      Quite an Accomplishment if you ask me but all anyone wants to talk about is if it wasn't for this play or that the patriots would of won?? Give me a break they were manhandled both times by our defenses
      They scored 21 points against San Diego Chargers in playoffs that year.

Part of the reason they didn't score till 2nd quarter of SuperBowl XLII was because we opened the game with a 9:59 drive on offense.

Our defense played a great game and brought a lot of pressure. However, Tom Brady didn't collapse and throw pick sixes like Peyton Manning does. No, Tom Brady went out and kept balling till the end of the game, his team got beat is what happenned.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
        Wes Welker turned around and did a pirouette when he saw the ball, he freaked out. If he didn't do that, the ball would've hit him in stride. It was an esay cath and one that Wes Welker should've made 100 out of 100 times.

Peyton Manning choked in last years playoff against Baltimore Ravens because he panicked and tossed a ridiculous INT in OT. I remember watching that and before the play, folks were saying "watch him throw the pick" and "he'll choke as always." Right on que, Peyton Manning did the expected and threw another head scratching INT in playoffs with game on the line.

If Denvoer Broncos lose SuperBowl XLVIII, the masses will claim that it wasn't fair to Peyton Manning because the game was played in the cold, it was too windy, his team sucked, his RB wasn't powerful enough, his defense wasn't as good, etc.........etc.......there will be excuses overflowing to make up for the fact that the guy has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a postseason choke artist.
        No, the masses, like you, will say he cant win in big games, which is completely insane. Peyton is the most picked apart QB in the league when things go wrong (Eli, Romo and Cutler right behind him), Brady is the most covered up like "eh he has 3 rings" QB in the league. Cant do any wrong. Liek the example we are talking about, if that was Peyton who threw that pass, it would be ALL on him and you would be saying exactly what I am saying about Brady.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

No, the masses, like you, will say he cant win in big games, which is completely insane. Peyton is the most picked apart QB in the league when things go wrong (Eli, Romo and Cutler right behind him), Brady is the most covered up like "eh he has 3 rings" QB in the league. Cant do any wrong. Liek the example we are talking about, if that was Peyton who threw that pass, it would be ALL on him and you would be saying exactly what I am saying about Brady.
          You see that more or less shows it right there because you are equating a pass that Tom Brady threw where the WR dropped it to a pick six that Peyton Manning threw.

They are both great QBs and each will go down in history remembered at or near the top regardless of what either of us thinks.

Comment

You see that more or less shows it right there because you are equating a pass that Tom Brady threw where the WR dropped it to a pick six that Peyton Manning threw.

They are both great QBs and each will go down in history remembered at or near the top regardless of what either of us thinks.
            No, what I am saying is if Peyton threw that pass to Welker, you would be completely blasting him for the bad throw, but since Brady threw it, it was the WRs fault. See it now?

I agree with your second part.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks Brady is not one of the best QB's ever is ignorant of NFL football. Peyton and Brady are in the top 5 all time, they may be 1, 2.

Comment

No, what I am saying is if Peyton threw that pass to Welker, you would be completely blasting him for the bad throw, but since Brady threw it, it was the WRs fault. See it now?

I agree with your second part.
                Actually I did misread what you were writing, thank you. I would hope that I wouldn't blast Peyton Manning if he were the one throwing the ball to Wes Welker and I don't think I would. IMO, that ball should've been caught and I would stick up for Peyton Manning if it were him that threw it to Wes Welker.

Comment

• Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                  Anyone who thinks Brady is not one of the best QB's ever is ignorant of NFL football. Peyton and Brady are in the top 5 all time, they may be 1, 2.
                  Agreed, I personally have them both 1 and 2 in my all-time QB rankings...
                  Last edited by Eli's Giants; 01-24-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
                    Agreed, I personally have them both 1 and 2 in my all-time QB rankings...
                    Oh I'll agree. However for those two SB s Eli was the better QB
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                      Anyone who thinks Brady is not one of the best QB's ever is ignorant of NFL football. Peyton and Brady are in the top 5 all time, they may be 1, 2.
                      Top 6 for sure, but I think I would have:

1-Montana
                      2-Manning
                      3-Unitas
                      4-Marino
                      5-Elway
                      6-Brady

I think just like Steroids and PEDs affect the baseball players rankings (Otherwise Barry Bonds would be the greatest player to ever play the game), Spygate somewhat hurts Brady's rank. No one outside of the Pats organization and Roger Goodell know how deep the hole went down on that, strangely, because he torched the evidence before anyone else could see it.

Comment

1-Montana
                        2-Manning
                        3-Unitas
                        4-Marino
                        5-Elway
                        6-Brady

I think just like Steroids and PEDs affect the baseball players rankings (Otherwise Barry Bonds would be the greatest player to ever play the game), Spygate somewhat hurts Brady's rank. No one outside of the Pats organization and Roger Goodell know how deep the hole went down on that, strangely, because he torched the evidence before anyone else could see it.
                        Spygate would affect the way Bill Bellichek may be viewed but not Tom Brady. If it were looked at like that then Derek Jeter would be judged by A-Rods troubles with PEDS.

I would rank the top five-

1-Tom Brady
                        2-Bart Starr
                        3-Joe Montana
                        4-Brett Favre
                        5-Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers

Comment

Spygate would affect the way Bill Bellichek may be viewed but not Tom Brady. If it were looked at like that then Derek Jeter would be judged by A-Rods troubles with PEDS.

I would rank the top five-

1-Tom Brady
                          2-Bart Starr
                          3-Joe Montana
                          4-Brett Favre
                          5-Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers
                          Ok, now I know not to trust your judgement or value your opinions... lol. What a list. And that analogy is terirble. Brady was supposedly getting the defensive calls in during play to his helmet. It went beyond the video tape from the stuff I read. Of couse, since the evidence was quickly destroyed, I guess we wil never know for sure.
                          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

1-Montana
                            2-Manning
                            3-Unitas
                            4-Marino
                            5-Elway
                            6-Brady

I don''t remember much of Unitas and Starr as I was young but I would have Brady no lower than 2nd or 3rd on any list.

Comment

Ok, now I know not to trust your judgement or value your opinions... lol. What a list. And that analogy is terirble. Brady was supposedly getting the defensive calls in during play to his helmet. It went beyond the video tape from the stuff I read. Of couse, since the evidence was quickly destroyed, I guess we wil never know for sure.
                              WHo the heck are you that it should matter whether or not you value my opinion?

Comment

1-Montana
                                2-Manning
                                3-Unitas
                                4-Marino
                                5-Elway
                                6-Brady

Do you really have Elway over Brady???

Comment

Working...
                                X