No announcement yet.

Tom Brady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning, Brady and Montana are the 3 greatest QB's of all time in my opinion of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
      Recently brady is choking quite hard, he is on a Romo like trend. I mean this year not saying they would have beat Denver but he missed open receivers several times. He made welker spin around and jump on an easy seam pass. I'm not seeing GOAT in there. GUy could easily have 6 championships if he stopped choking
      For Brady to be Romo like he needs to throw game losing INT's lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
        Your claim that Tom Brady was average over past 10 years minus his ridiculous Moss year is what I was responding to and I only had to bring up the last 3 years to prove your claim false. We can go through the last 10 if you like but I don't think it is necessary. It is quite amusing that you attempted to use Mark Sanchez as a comparison but then again, you are quite amusing and I don't mean that in a bad way because I do enjoy debating with you.

A lot of folks feel that Tom Brady is overrated and a lot of folks feel that Peyton Manning is somewhat overrated. Although I belong to the latter group, I do think that Peyton Manning is a great QB; he just happens to choke at very inopportune times. Both of them are without a doubt, 1st Ballot HOFers.

BTW, Sanchize did in fact go to 2 straight AFC Championship Games but he didn't go with a no name team. He went with a stellar defense.
        Isnt that why Brady won his Superbowl rings? Steller D? Tom Brady is coached by arguably the greatest football coach in NFL history with one of the better organizations in the NFL. Sanchez had Rex Ryan and the Jets Organization. I think Sanchez had the tougher challenge.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Isnt that why Brady won his Superbowl rings? Steller D? Tom Brady is coached by arguably the greatest football coach in NFL history with one of the better organizations in the NFL. Sanchez had Rex Ryan and the Jets Organization. I think Sanchez had the tougher challenge.
          Are you putting Sanchez in the same conversation as Brady? I don't care how much you may dislike Brady and the Patriots you have to give the guy his due. He is top 3 all time on anyone's "objective" list.

Comment

Bill Bellichek hasn't made stellar decisions lately, now has he? He went for it on 4th and long in 1st SuperBowl played against us instead of going for a 50 yard field goal and they didn't convert. He didn't kick the easy field goal a couple weeks ago against Denver Broncos and elected to go for it and they got stopped. It came back to haunt NE Patriots later in game. Some people claim the challenge on the MM play was real bad but I understand it because he probably would've called the time out anyway to stop the momentum so might as well challenge. What I found to be a bad call on his part in SuperBowl XLVI was that if he was going to let us score when we got in the redzone then he should've just done it as soon as we got over the twenty and not waited. Bellichek has made some really odd calls over the past couple years but he has always had big cajones and when those calls work, he's a genius and when they don't he gets criticized. The guy may be one of the best defensive minds in the game but it doesn't mean that every decision he makes works.

Another gaping hole, in the Sanchize analogy and not the one in your head, is that when Tom Brady had those defenses, he won 3 straight SuperBowls and 9 straight playoff games. Now, I don't think Sanchize is anything special but I don't think he is as awful as some folks put out there. Whether Mark Sanchez had the bigger challenge is debatable but what isn't is that he did indeed fall short in his initial attempts to go to SuperBowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
              Are you putting Sanchez in the same conversation as Brady? I don't care how much you may dislike Brady and the Patriots you have to give the guy his due. He is top 3 all time on anyone's "objective" list.
              I am just stating that Sanchez went to 2 straight AFC Champ games and he is terrible, so Buffy bringing up Brady going to 3 straight means nothing. Thats all.

Comment

I am just stating that Sanchez went to 2 straight AFC Champ games and he is terrible, so Buffy bringing up Brady going to 3 straight means nothing. Thats all.
                This makes no logical sense.

By your reasoning, the fact that Trent Dilfer won a SB means that winning a SB can never again mean anything for a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  This makes no logical sense.

By your reasoning, the fact that Trent Dilfer won a SB means that winning a SB can never again mean anything for a QB.
                  No, that is not what I am saying. You arent even close. What I am saying is that by just winning AFC Champ games, or just being in them for 2-3 straight years does not make you a great QB automatically, as is trying to be proven to me by Buff saying Brady went to 3 straight.

Brady is a great QB, but not because of that. Bad QBs can do that too.

Comment

• Basically this whole debate started over Buffy saying Manning is a choker and saying Tebow was better in the playoffs caus ehe didnt choke. Then he was over rating Brady, as most do. I tried pointing out facts about Brady that makes him overrated. Not saying he isnt a great QB because he is, but there are better QBs than him, including Manning. But it is all opinion so whatever. Im just trying to explain my opinion.

Peyton Manning on the Patriots would be THE BEST QB ever hands down the NFL has ever seen. And probably have more rings then Montana and Bradshaw.

Comment

Basically this whole debate started over Buffy saying Manning is a choker and saying Tebow was better in the playoffs caus ehe didnt choke. Then he was over rating Brady, as most do. I tried pointing out facts about Brady that makes him overrated. Not saying he isnt a great QB because he is, but there are better QBs than him, including Manning. But it is all opinion so whatever. Im just trying to explain my opinion.

Peyton Manning on the Patriots would be THE BEST QB ever hands down the NFL has ever seen. And probably have more rings then Montana and Bradshaw.
                      I don't think that he would. Peyton Manning has had much more to work with on offense than Tom Brady has. With the exception of 2006, Peyton Manning has always found a way to come up short in postseason games, it is what he does. The guy is a great QB but unless he shakes it, his post season chokes will always be part of the discussion when folks talk about him.

Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady in the same sentence and using AFC Championship Game appearance as common demominator makes abslutely no sense because Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFC Championship Games with a team that had a beast running game and a stacked defense. Granted, Mark Sanchez played well enough during those two years but he could've been replaced with a heck of a lot of other QBs and NY Jets more than likely still would've made it. Tom Brady on the other hand, has went to 3 straight AFC Championship Games with teams that were very lacking. This past season they actually had a pretty good running game but that was about it. Their defense was nothing special and he lost all his good recieving threats. The two seasons prior, those NE Patriots teams also had glaring holes. Peyton Manning would'nt have been able to have taken the NE Patriots teams from the past three seasons very far in playiffs because he would've caved under the pressure as historical evidence in regard to Peyton Manning has shown. Tom Brady was a much larger part of why NE Patriots made three straight AFC Championship Game appearances. That can't be stated about Mark Sanchez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarl of Bristol View Post
                        I don't think that he would. Peyton Manning has had much more to work with on offense than Tom Brady has. With the exception of 2006, Peyton Manning has always found a way to come up short in postseason games, it is what he does. The guy is a great QB but unless he shakes it, his post season chokes will always be part of the discussion when folks talk about him.

Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady in the same sentence and using AFC Championship Game appearance as common demominator makes abslutely no sense because Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFC Championship Games with a team that had a beast running game and a stacked defense. Granted, Mark Sanchez played well enough during those two years but he could've been replaced with a heck of a lot of other QBs and NY Jets more than likely still would've made it. Tom Brady on the other hand, has went to 3 straight AFC Championship Games with teams that were very lacking. This past season they actually had a pretty good running game but that was about it. Their defense was nothing special and he lost all his good recieving threats. The two seasons prior, those NE Patriots teams also had glaring holes. Peyton Manning would'nt have been able to have taken the NE Patriots teams from the past three seasons very far in playiffs because he would've caved under the pressure as historical evidence in regard to Peyton Manning has shown. Tom Brady was a much larger part of why NE Patriots made three straight AFC Championship Game appearances. That can't be stated about Mark Sanchez.
                        I think both Peyton and Brady are Top 3 all time but Brady has played on better teams by far. He won his SB's without playing great in the big games, Peyton has had good WR's but has never had a defense close to some of the defenses Brady played with. Last year was not Peyton's fault, the Safety on the Broncos is the one that choked. Brady has played with arguable the greatest HC ever, Peyton has been coached by middle of the road HC's.

Comment

• Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                          I think both Peyton and Brady are Top 3 all time but Brady has played on better teams by far. He won his SB's without playing great in the big games, Peyton has had good WR's but has never had a defense close to some of the defenses Brady played with. Last year was not Peyton's fault, the Safety on the Broncos is the one that choked. Brady has played with arguable the greatest HC ever, Peyton has been coached by middle of the road HC's.
                          Bill Bellichek isn't the greatest HC ever. The guy made some awful decisions in both SBs that NY Giants greatly benefited from.

The teams Tom Brady won SBs with, the offenses were nowhere near the scale of offenses that Peyton Manning had.

Whatever happenned in regulation is inconsequential, they started new in OT. The panicked pick by Peyton in OT is his fault and was the deciding factor in the loss against Baltimore Ravens.

Peyton won his SB by playing poorly in it. He threw for under 250 yards with 1 TD as well as 1 pick. He actually looked pretty awful till it stopped raining. If it had kept raining, he would've cost Indy that game. During that postseason, Peyton threw 3 TDs and 7 picks. As great as the guy is, he just doesn't eprform well in the postseason. The guy is a choke artist.

Comment

Bill Bellichek isn't the greatest HC ever. The guy made some awful decisions in both SBs that NY Giants greatly benefited from.

The teams Tom Brady won SBs with, the offenses were nowhere near the scale of offenses that Peyton Manning had.

Whatever happenned in regulation is inconsequential, they started new in OT. The panicked pick by Peyton in OT is his fault and was the deciding factor in the loss against Baltimore Ravens.

Peyton won his SB by playing poorly in it. He threw for under 250 yards with 1 TD as well as 1 pick. He actually looked pretty awful till it stopped raining. If it had kept raining, he would've cost Indy that game. During that postseason, Peyton threw 3 TDs and 7 picks. As great as the guy is, he just doesn't eprform well in the postseason. The guy is a choke artist.
                            He hardly "played poorly".
                            He completed 66% of his passes and put up 29 points in a rain storm. He threw for exactly 8 less yards than Eli did the next SB.
                            Oh yeah...He was the SB MVP too. Can't imagine a guy who "played poorly" would get that award.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

This is complete fantasy

Comment

I said Belicheck is arguably the best. He is surely in the conversation. Brady has had some pretty good weapons - Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Branch... Maybe not as good as Peyton but debatable. There is no debate that Brady has been on teams with much better defenses. Did Brady choke in the 2 SB losses to the Giants? Calling Peyton a choke artist is an ignorant statement. You can hate him if you want but the guy is not a choke artist.

Comment

Working...
                                X