Tom Brady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    The system that offered Brady no other choice but to pass for nearly 4500 yards and 25 TDs with no real receiving threats outside of Gronk for a few games, lol.

I know that's not what he's saying, but it's clear that Brady's greatness is trying to be marginalized because he plays for a "GOAT"-type HC, too. As if every QB that's earned the right to be spoken of with the league's best wasn't assisted by the scheme.
    My thing is I don't understand what a system QB is supposed to be? Just because Brady has great coaching and the patriots seem to win every year doesn't mean we should devalue the greatness of Tom Brady. And saying Brady plays in a system does make it seem that we are underestimating Tom Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
      My thing is I don't understand what a system QB is supposed to be? Just because Brady has great coaching and the patriots seem to win every year doesn't mean we should devalue the greatness of Tom Brady. And saying Brady plays in a system does make it seem that we are underestimating Tom Brady.
      No one is saying that Brady is bad... even I can acknowledge that he is quite good at what he does. I just say he's overrated by the media, who are quick to rubber-stamp him as the "Greatest Of All Time"... 2008 (where Matt Cassel had a better record than Brady's 2009 campaign), and yesterday's game with the 6 rushing TDs should prove that.

If the Tuck rule hadn't been invoked and the Patriots don't win a playoff game under Brady, it's likely they go back to Bledsoe the following year, and he wins them a super bowl in the 2002 season, and possibly the 2004 season as well, while Brady floats around the league for most of his career.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        No one is saying that Brady is bad... even I can acknowledge that he is quite good at what he does. I just say he's overrated by the media, who are quick to rubber-stamp him as the "Greatest Of All Time"... 2008 (where Matt Cassel had a better record than Brady's 2009 campaign), and yesterday's game with the 6 rushing TDs should prove that.
        True I do think the media is guilty of overrating Brady especially Skip Brainless and especially his postseason heroics. But lets also not forget that Matt Flynn had 6 TD passes against Detroit which was a playoff team at the time, does that mean Rodgers is overrated and a "system" QB? Or Steve Young, he started becoming a HOF QB when he came to SF, does that make him and Montana a "system" QB?

If the Tuck rule hadn't been invoked and the Patriots don't win a playoff game under Brady, it's likely they go back to Bledsoe the following year, and he wins them a super bowl in the 2002 season, and possibly the 2004 season as well, while Brady floats around the league for most of his career.
        And if Welker didn't choke and drop that pass or if Tyree didn't make a miraculous catch Brady would have 5 SB rings.

Comment

No one is saying that Brady is bad... even I can acknowledge that he is quite good at what he does.
          You've also acknowledged that Brady is "not that good," and that Eli is "better than Brady."
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

You've also acknowledged that Brady is "not that good," and that Eli is "better than Brady."
            LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
              LMAO!!!
              I see you're laughing...as you should be.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I can't believe people actually consider this 5 yard pattern passer the GOAT.

Comment

The system that offered Brady no other choice but to pass for nearly 4500 yards and 25 TDs with no real receiving threats outside of Gronk for a few games, lol.

I know that's not what he's saying, but it's clear that Brady's greatness is trying to be marginalized because he plays for a "GOAT"-type HC, too. As if every QB that's earned the right to be spoken of with the league's best wasn't assisted by the scheme.

Well that system made Drew Bledsoe GOAT as well, so ya gotta...oh wait, no it didn't.........

Forget I posted that..

Comment

But the media over rates everybody, the ones who stick around and justify it through their play over a long period of time are the ones who actually deserve the consideration, not the 1,000 the media initially anoints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
                      True I do think the media is guilty of overrating Brady especially Skip Brainless and especially his postseason heroics. But lets also not forget that Matt Flynn had 6 TD passes against Detroit which was a playoff team at the time, does that mean Rodgers is overrated and a "system" QB? Or Steve Young, he started becoming a HOF QB when he came to SF, does that make him and Montana a "system" QB?

And if Welker didn't choke and drop that pass or if Tyree didn't make a miraculous catch Brady would have 5 SB rings.
                      The Welker pass was a poor pass. Even most Brady homers will admit that.

The Tyree play had no shortage of luck involved in it but there was skill as well. And no team ever wins a championship without experiencing some luck along the way. That's not unique to the GIants' runs. Only idiotic self loathing Giant fans would believe that.

Comment

• Matt Cassell....

Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Matt Cassell....

Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.
                          Peyton got better because he landed on a team loaded with good players on rookie contracts. The team was solid enough to make the playoffs with Tim Tebow at quarterback, remember? In Indy, Peyton's constant success and cap-draining contract kept the team from improving. Everything else you've said is pure speculation.
                          Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-12-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
                            I never said they were purely "system" QBs. Brady or Rodgers could probably still make 2013 Houston a winning team, for example. I'm just saying that there's a difference between "Great" and "Legendary", and I feel that Brady falls in the former. So does Eli. Rodgers might have a case to get into Legendary if the rest of his career is like what he's done to date. I think he's the best QB playing today.

As for Matt Flynn, yes he had a great game. Cassel had a great season in relief of Brady. He was consistent through a season many pats fans thought lost week 1. The Colts went 2-14 in the absence of Peyton... Kerry Collins went 0-6 with them, and we all know how much the almighty Painter sucks over here... That shows how much QB play meant to them.
                            Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-12-2014, 10:37 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• A full year of Matt Flynn in the GB system and he's a pro bowler. He might not be as good as Rodgers in that system but he certainly is close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                Peyton got better because he landed on a team loaded with good players on rookie contracts. The team was solid enough to make the playoffs with Tim Tebow at quarterback, remember? In Indy, Peyton's constant success and cap-draining contract kept the team from improving. Everything else you've said is pure speculation.
                                Everything is pure speculation. All I am saying is, what Peyton Manning is doing is phenominal. He had arguably the best year any QB has ever had. On a new team, with new coaches. You could put Peyton on any team and he can turn it around. Brady, I am not so sure. I think Belichick is a lot more of the puzzle in NE than Brady while Peyton is the puzzle.
                                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                                X