Tom Brady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    He had to throw it to his off shoulder because the safety was closing from the inside. He threw it where he had to and the kid dropped it.
    Yep, that's what happened.He dropped it. It was a well thrown ball....Collinsworth ( hate to say it) was right on this play.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Only time will tell after their retirements, between these two who is the goat.

Comment

• http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...dys_best-.html

Brady will also be the first one to get in a player's face on a missed assignment. He has that leadership authority.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Matt Cassell....

Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.
          As much as Brady annoys me I still think he could find success on another team like Peyton has. True, the Pats have a great system in place that if you put a decent/good QB under center he would have success. But Brady, like Peyton, has the ability to make the other players around him better. The great ones, who are still in their prime, will find a way to rise to the top. Look at Favre when he went to the Vikings.

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Peyton got better because he landed on a team loaded with good players on rookie contracts. The team was solid enough to make the playoffs with Tim Tebow at quarterback, remember? In Indy, Peyton's constant success and cap-draining contract kept the team from improving. Everything else you've said is pure speculation.
          Considering that Peyton came back from multiple neck surgeries to elevate them to an elite team has a lot to do with his abilities and his ability to make the players around him better. The Broncos only got into the playoffs with Tebow because they backed in and the entire division was just as bad as they were.

The biggest mistake Indy made with Peyton was that the entire system was built around Peyton and when he went down the team fell apart like a house of cards.
          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
            A full year of Matt Flynn in the GB system and he's a pro bowler. He might not be as good as Rodgers in that system but he certainly is close.
            What an idiotic statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
              http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...dys_best-.html

Brady will also be the first one to get in a player's face on a missed assignment. He has that leadership authority.
              Not the only way to lead, you know... getting in a player's face can demoralize the player even further. Eli's even keel is what kept this team from falling apart in the title game against SF. Can you imagine Brady getting in everyone's face getting sacked 6 times?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Not the only way to lead, you know... getting in a player's face can demoralize the player even further. Eli's even keel is what kept this team from falling apart in the title game against SF. Can you imagine Brady getting in everyone's face getting sacked 6 times?
                No, I'm not saying to demoralize or to pick on. We needed that type of emotion and leadership in the first 6 games of the season. Our Captain's were way too even keeled in my opinion.

Comment

Matt Cassell....

Also, let me ask you this, if Brady switched teams would he do what Peyton is doing? No. No he wouldn't. Somehow Peyton got better after leaving Indy... think about that. If Brady went to, let's say, Houston, would he do well? I doubt it. But put in Ryan Mallett and he wins the AFC East for the Pats with 11 wins. Again, Brady is great, but is overrated. Not in top 5 all time. Spygate Tuck Rule etc.
                  That point really makes no sense for your comparrison. If you want to compare what would happen look at it like this. Denver Broncos were a playoff team without Peyton Manning. They went after Peyton Manning and when they got him, they added more players to make that playoff team even better. Then when Peyton Manning once again choked in playoffs, this time with Broncos instead of Colts, Denver went out and signed one of the best slot recievers via free agency for him. Now, take Tom Brady and put him there with Peytons weapons and he would shine. Heck, give Tom Brady's Eli's offensive weapons and he would shine.
                  Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-14-2014, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    I think folks are mistaking this point. Tom Brady doesn't get in peoples faces to belittle them he holds people to account, motivating them. A perfect example of Tom Brady's emotions affecting his team is put perfect display in the comeback against Denver Broncos this season. He lifted his team and fired them up in that comeback.

Tom Brady was sacked 40 times this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                      That point really makes no sense for your comparrison. If you want to compare what would happen look at it like this. Denver Broncos were a playoff team without Peyton Manning. They went after Peyton Manning and when they got him, they added more players to make that playoff team even better. Then when Peyton Manning once again choked in playoffs, this time with Broncos instead of Colts, Denver went out and signed one of the best slot recievers via free agency for him. Now, take Tom Brady and put him there with Peytons weapons and he would shine. Heck, give Tom Brady's Eli's offensive weapons and he would shine.
                      See, this is why people who hate Peyton will see whatever they want to see. If you think Peyton choked last year and that is the reason the Broncos lost, you have no idea what a football even is, yet alone what decides games. What, you wanted Peyton to score 50 points? Throw for 4TDs? Otherewise he choked and didnt win the game?

Brady had time to win both SBs he lost to the Giants, and he couldnt even score 20 points. Maybe he is the choker now? He hasnt won a SB in about a decade.... without SPYGATE
                      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-14-2014, 12:02 PM.
                      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

See, this is why people who hate Peyton will see whatever they want to see. If you think Peyton choked last year and that is the reason the Broncos lost, you have no idea what a football even is, yet alone what decides games. What, you wanted Peyton to score 50 points? Throw for 4TDs? Otherewise he choked and didnt win the game?

Brady had time to win both SBs he lost to the Giants, and he couldnt even score 20 points. Maybe he is the choker now? He hasnt won a SB in about a decade.... without SPYGATE
                        I know what a football is but thank you so much for your concern.

The Broncos/Ravens came down to OT and in OT, Peyton Manning panicked and threw an "Eliesque" regular season head scratching INT that cost them the game at home. No ifs, ands or buts about it. He could've thrown for 20 TDs in regulation of that game and it doesn't matter, it went to OT. When the pressure was on him in OT of that playoff game, he choked. Heck, a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did.

Peyton Manning is a great regular season QB but he has always been a post season, big game choke artist.
                        Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-14-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I know what a football is but thank you so much for your concern.

The Broncos/Ravens came down to OT and in OT, Peyton Manning panicked and threw an "Eliesque" regular season head scratching INT that cost them the game at home. No ifs, ands or buts about it. He could've thrown for 20 TDs in regulation of that game and it doesn't matter, it went to OT. When the pressure was on him in OT of that playoff game, he choked. Heck, a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did.

Peyton Manning is a great regular season QB but he has always been a post season, big game choke artist.
                          Ok,, now you sound even more ridiculous. You are basically saying Tebow is better then Peyton. Wow.

Comment

Ok,, now you sound even more ridiculous. You are basically saying Tebow is better then Peyton. Wow.
                            No.I didn't state that at all. What I stated was that Peyton Manning panicked in OT and threw a very "Eliesque" regular season INT which is exactly what happened. I also stated that a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did. That is all I stated. I never claimed that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Peyton.

Comment

No.I didn't state that at all. What I stated was that Peyton Manning panicked in OT and threw a very "Eliesque" regular season INT which is exactly what happened. I also stated that a year prior to that, Tim Tebow kept calm, cool and collected in OT on that same field and won the game against a better defense and he had less offensive weapons than Peyton did. That is all I stated. I never claimed that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Peyton.
                              Tebow threw a slant and got lucky that the Pitt safety took a bad angle on the runner. That entire playoff game came down to Denver's defense thumping Pitt and Pitts defense giving up a few too many Hail Tebows. His other comebacks are better examples of whatever clutchness you think he has.

Comment

Why are you comparing them then? You are pointing out the fact that you believe Tebow is better vs a better defense and with less weapons. Saying Tebow doesnt choke while Peyton does. What else would that mean? Its ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                                X