Hey Giants Fans...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Ya that was pretty stupid, I don't except your apology lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      That was another epic choke job. Loved it.
      The people making decisions in this organization just don't understand that it's not 1992 anymore.

Yes. A team can go a full 80 yards in under a minute with no timeouts... especially if you're missing a good portion of your secondary and defensive line and the leagues best WR is on the other side.

It's like they didn't learn that, yes, Calvin Johnson makes hailmarys a viable and high percentage option.

Should have taken a knee on 3rd down-- you can't fumble or commit a penalty on such a play and we weren't going to get the first down anyway.

But since we did run, and commit a stupid penalty, we should have burned Schwartz for declining the penalty and letting us have 4th and 5. Go for it, end the game. The risk outweighs the reward.

I, a guy who hasn't played football in over 10 years, am a better game manager than Garrett. It's pathetic.

Comment

If I was Dez Bryant I would've taken my frustration out on that idiot Tyron Smith. Horrible, Horrible Penalty.
        Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
          If I was Dez Bryant I would've taken my frustration out on that idiot Tyron Smith. Horrible, Horrible Penalty.
          Horrible, moronic penalty, but again... why put your guy in that position if you're the head coach?

It's 3rd and 15ish, the other team has no timeouts. The only way they can get back into the game is a turnover or a penalty to stop the clock, which you risk if you run the ball.

So where's the gain with running the ball here? It's not like you're going to pick up 15 running the ball when the defense has stopped the run all day and knows it's the only play you have available at that point.

A QB kneel takes just as much time off the clock with an incredibly lower risk.

Answer: You'd have to be an idiot to call a run.

Jason Garrett is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
            Horrible, moronic penalty, but again... why put your guy in that position if you're the head coach?

It's 3rd and 15ish, the other team has no timeouts. The only way they can get back into the game is a turnover or a penalty to stop the clock, which you risk if you run the ball.

So where's the gain with running the ball here? It's not like you're going to pick up 15 running the ball when the defense has stopped the run all day and knows it's the only play you have available at that point.

A QB kneel takes just as much time off the clock with an incredibly lower risk.

Answer: You'd have to be an idiot to call a run.

Jason Garrett is an idiot.
            Now you know how hated Herman Edwards is in the New York area...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboys037 View Post
              You Mad Bro? Hey you guys might still be able to get hot and win 10 in a row.... NOT Hahahahehhehheh
              I think we will keep bumping this Thread all season. You may have awakened a sleeping Giant with your Post and jinxed your Cowboys at the same time.. Since you made this Statement the giants have won two of the ten in a row you mockingly predicted. Were they pretty? NO, not at all. Will they win 8 more in a row? Highly unlikely.

But a little improvement each week while winning ugly can help a team gain momentum and start believing in themselves and you know what the giants have done in the past when that happens.. This much is for sure.. The giants just won the only Away game they have in five weeks time. They have a bye week coming up to heal up some hurting bodies. They then have three home games in a row... Dallas on the Other hand lost one of the 3 away games they have in next five weeks while having only one home game and their bye..

Can you imagine if when the giants host Dallas in the last game of this set in 4 weeks the giants playing for a share of first place (only two games out after Sundays Dallas debacle) which was unthinkable when you made your thread... I think there's a lot of people in Dallas right now a bit concerned.. Can you imagine if this easy Home win you have coming up turns into the Adrain Peterson Show with him rushing for over 200 yards and catching out of backfield for another 75 or so ( Like what megatron did to you with his 329) and Minny pulls a huge upset?? What then? I tell you what.. You get to travel down to New Orleans and try and win in that Dome of Horror, thats what... Lol.. Good luck holding onto first place in the NFCLeast. And thanks for your post. You may have predicted the future.. Will see!!
              Last edited by miked1958; 10-30-2013, 05:42 AM.
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

This needs to be bumped so Cowboys037 can respond to my Post above. Or any other Cowboys fan for that matter
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  This needs to be bumped so Cowboys037 can respond to my Post above. Or any other Cowboys fan for that matter
                  I did read your post and I have to agree with you(I'm worried, Is that what you wanted to hear?)... Also I did come back and apologized for posting such stupid thread... You guys have Tom Coughlin we have that Stupid A** red headed idiot for coach who couldn't manage a game if his life depended on it. Also our Defense is losing starters left to right. Both of our starting safeties are hurt, our CB Claiborne is down(not like he was making a difference anyways) and D-Ware is still out and might not be a 100% until God knows when.... All that said I like my crow cold and raw.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboys037 View Post
                    I did read your post and I have to agree with you(I'm worried, Is that what you wanted to hear?)... Also I did come back and apologized for posting such stupid thread... You guys have Tom Coughlin we have that Stupid A** red headed idiot for coach who couldn't manage a game if his life depended on it. Also our Defense is losing starters left to right. Both of our starting safeties are hurt, our CB Claiborne is down(not like he was making a difference anyways) and D-Ware is still out and might not be a 100% until God knows when.... All that said I like my crow cold and raw.
                    well a big percentage of this MB would ship our coaching staff to you in a heart beat.. The GM as well. Most have had it with them. As far as the 10 wins in a row thing. This is not the same team that made those runs in the past.. We on this board all hope some magical run happens but we are all realistic and know that there are many Hugh holes on this team and stuff that can't be fixed with the talent available.. Is it possible they play above their means and talent level. Sure. But they need to be a WHOLE LOT better then they have been to beat the elite teams that have actual QBs..

To bad Myers screwed up that final drive against the Bears. Had he made that catch there's a good chance we pull that game out in final minute.. 3-5 and a 3 game win streak would have me a whole lot more confident..

As far as you eating crow... I don't think us winning two games out of a 10 game prediction in jest hardly qualifies for you to eat crow yet. 4/5 more wins you might want to get the ice chest full for that cold serving of Crow..

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

The Giants should be 4-4 at the break, 6 TOs vs Dallas in the opener was our undoing. Take away even 1 of those 6 TOs, we win that game. Pick 6 vs the Bears & the bad pass by Eli or bad pass route by Myers, take your pick, and we win the Bears game. We just have to eliminate the TOs in the final 8 games & the O has to get a running game going. If we can run the ball effectively & force the D to stack the box,, that will open up the pass game for Eli & co & I truly believe we can start lighting up the scoreboard. The addition of Beason has revitalized the D & I believe that Andre Brown will be a huge contributor to our run game in the last 8 games & Nicks will also come alive in the 2nd half. No reason to believe we can't at least go 7-1 or 6-2 & make this division go down to the wire. Seattle & GB will IMO, be our 2 toughest games in the 2nd half. Every other game is very winnable.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                        The Giants should be 4-4 at the break, 6 TOs vs Dallas in the opener was our undoing. Take away even 1 of those 6 TOs, we win that game. Pick 6 vs the Bears & the bad pass by Eli or bad pass route by Myers, take your pick, and we win the Bears game. We just have to eliminate the TOs in the final 8 games & the O has to get a running game going. If we can run the ball effectively & force the D to stack the box,, that will open up the pass game for Eli & co & I truly believe we can start lighting up the scoreboard. The addition of Beason has revitalized the D & I believe that Andre Brown will be a huge contributor to our run game in the last 8 games & Nicks will also come alive in the 2nd half. No reason to believe we can't at least go 7-1 or 6-2 & make this division go down to the wire. Seattle & GB will IMO, be our 2 toughest games in the 2nd half. Every other game is very winnable.
                        This isn't horseshoes and hand grenades.

Dallas should be 7-1 at this point. Should have won vs Denver, KC and Detroit. Yet, we did not and sit at 4-4. It is what it is, both teams are where they should be ATM. The NYG have not played good enough football to be anywhere close to .500. However, your team worries me the most going forward. If yas beat Oak and GB, then Dallas could be in trouble.

Phil - they are horrible and will not field a healthy QB the rest of the way
                        Wash - What do you get when a knee is taken away from RG3? Josh Freeman
                        NYG - they may get it together but that schedule does not look easy

Dallas should win this division by default, not the way I want them to win though. It is a sad day when all four teams are still in it after playing like absolute dog crap.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post

Dallas should be 7-1 at this point. Should have won vs Denver, KC and Detroit. Yet, we did not and sit at 4-4. It is what it is, both teams are where they should be ATM. The NYG have not played good enough football to be anywhere close to .500. However, your team worries me the most going forward. If yas beat Oak and GB, then Dallas could be in trouble.

Dallas should win this division by default, not the way I want them to win though. It is a sad day when all four teams are still in it after playing like absolute dog crap.
                          Your Washington point killed me. Roflmao

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Oh and your right the cowboys definitely should of won in Detroit.. Even after yielding 625 some odd yards all they had to do was be ready to make a stop on defense with the ball on the one yard line up six with 12 seconds left... But what happens? The Dallas D is caught off guard... That's right... Dallas defensive players quotes after the game " We were just caught off guard" YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!! Caught off guard?? You are up six... Lions have to score a TD to win.. It's on the one yard line and your not ready? You fall for one of the oldest tricks in the book and then ADMIT IT.? Lol.. Pathetic!

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

If stafford spikes it he gives Dallas time to set their defense thus giving them a good chance to stop the play and win the game. If stafford fails on his lounge the game is still over. There wouldn't have been enough time to get them lined back up and spike to stop the clock... It had to play out just like it did for Dallas to blow it like that

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

You are what you are. The Cowboys have been a loser organization for a while now. I put most of it on Jerry Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X