Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choke Job by Minnesota and San Diego

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Downy Eli View Post
    Hard to get past "your a dummy". Lol!
    Oh and for the "Romo's a choker/punk" geniuses:
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...34&src=desktop
    Stats be damned. I'm not very happy with Romo's performance in crunch time quite often-- I'm done defending him. It made more sense to defend him when he was labeled a choker after 2007 when there was literally 5 times as much proof that he wasn't. But I'm just tired of the back and forth, and I gave up on that battle in 2011.

    But facts are facts, and here are some that support your claim.



    Probably the best graphic I've seen with regard to 'clutch/unclutch' to help your cause. I pass the fight on to you, good chum.

    Hint: It's important to note that this graphic is arranged by Game Winning Drives. If we're talking about 4th quarter comebacks, Romo is 7th best in the league (omitting Luck and Wilson for obvious small sample reasons). It's also important to note that he's better than both Brees and Rodgers (2sb champs and SB MVPs) in that regard
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 11-07-2013, 02:36 PM.

    Comment


    • #77
      [QUOTE=Downy Eli;957966]
      Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post

      I think the dropped picks were the plays of the drive. Multiple bad passes on that drive that ended in the luckiest ways possible (dropped picks and helmet catch).

      If my memory serves me correctly, then there was just one dropped pick in the last drive by Rodney Harrison, and though the ball did go right through his hands, it was a tough catch regardless, as he had to jump 4 feet in the air to lay a hand on it.
      They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
        Stats be damned. I'm not very happy with Romo's performance in crunch time quite often-- I'm done defending him. It made more sense to defend him when he was labeled a choker after 2007 when there was literally 5 times as much proof that he wasn't. But I'm just tired of the back and forth, and I gave up on that battle in 2011.

        But facts are facts, and here are some that support your claim.



        Probably the best graphic I've seen with regard to 'clutch/unclutch' to help your cause. I pass the fight on to you, good chum.

        Hint: It's important to note that this graphic is arranged by Game Winning Drives. If we're talking about 4th quarter comebacks, Romo is 7th best in the league (omitting Luck and Wilson for obvious small sample reasons). It's also important to note that he's better than both Brees and Rodgers (2sb champs and SB MVPs) in that regard
        I like that chart, but what about in the playoffs or win or go home games during the regular season? That would be a good one since that is when it matters the most.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          I like that chart, but what about in the playoffs or win or go home games during the regular season? That would be a good one since that is when it matters the most.
          I don't know of anyone whose crunched numbers like those and published them for all to see. But off the top of my head. Romo wouldn't have any 4th Q comebacks or game winning drives.

          Comment


          • #80
            [QUOTE=NYGFaninILL;958035]
            Originally posted by Downy Eli View Post


            If my memory serves me correctly, then there was just one dropped pick in the last drive by Rodney Harrison, and though the ball did go right through his hands, it was a tough catch regardless, as he had to jump 4 feet in the air to lay a hand on it.
            Harrison had one clank off his hands, but Samuel had the best shot.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wgL4VLHM

            It wasn't that difficult of a catch to make, especially for a ball hawk like Samuel-- the guy that has 51 interceptions since his rookie year in 2003 to now (2nd only to Ed Reed in the span).

            Also, to a lesser extent, Eli floated one out that went through Brandon Merriweather's hands, but was broken up by Tyree. There wasn't as good of a chance of Merriweather catching that one, but maybe he was referencing this one as well when he said 'dropped picks'

            Comment


            • #81
              [QUOTE=Ntegrase96;958073]
              Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post

              Harrison had one clank off his hands, but Samuel had the best shot.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wgL4VLHM

              It wasn't that difficult of a catch to make, especially for a ball hawk like Samuel-- the guy that has 51 interceptions since his rookie year in 2003 to now (2nd only to Ed Reed in the span).

              Also, to a lesser extent, Eli floated one out that went through Brandon Merriweather's hands, but was broken up by Tyree. There wasn't as good of a chance of Merriweather catching that one, but maybe he was referencing this one as well when he said 'dropped picks'
              But then you have to look into Eli's INTs like that too... How many were on the WR running the wrong route or just simply tipping up the ball off his hands? I know the 1 INT Eli had in the 2007 playoff run was because Steve Smith let it hit his hands and bounce up in the air, other wise it is a TD. There are still too many variables.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                But then you have to look into Eli's INTs like that too... How many were on the WR running the wrong route or just simply tipping up the ball off his hands? I know the 1 INT Eli had in the 2007 playoff run was because Steve Smith let it hit his hands and bounce up in the air, other wise it is a TD. There are still too many variables.
                Probably.

                I can't remember if it was PFF or FO that went back and adjusted the interceptions for each QB. It eliminated interceptions from the stat sheet that clearly weren't the QBs fault, and then assigned interceptions to poorly thrown balls that should have been picked off.

                For the most part, they all balanced out to be a difference of one or two interception difference over the course of a season. So things like that usually balance out, and those findings would indicate there is an causation to it all rather than it being pure luck.

                Maybe Eli's ugly passes are just harder to intercept because they're just harder to catch period-- which would explain drops by sure handed receivers, and tipped interceptions.

                Just spitballin'.

                Comment


                • #83
                  [QUOTE=Giantsrangers;957936]
                  Originally posted by miked1958 View Post



                  amazing post
                  thanks.. I was so upset and worked up over his comment I made tons of spelling errors.. Lol.. But he'll get the point!!
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                  # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                  1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                  ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    [QUOTE=miked1958;958389]
                    Originally posted by Giantsrangers View Post
                    thanks.. I was so upset and worked up over his comment I made tons of spelling errors.. Lol.. But he'll get the point!!


                    Lol i agree dude good post

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                      I don't know of anyone whose crunched numbers like those and published them for all to see. But off the top of my head. Romo wouldn't have any 4th Q comebacks or game winning drives.
                      Eli had quite a few of those in those playoff runs in both SB seasons and many of those wins were on the road
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        [QUOTE=NYGFaninILL;958035]
                        Originally posted by Downy Eli View Post


                        If my memory serves me correctly, then there was just one dropped pick in the last drive by Rodney Harrison, and though the ball did go right through his hands, it was a tough catch regardless, as he had to jump 4 feet in the air to lay a hand on it.
                        his timing was slightly off. He also may have landed with a foot out of bounds had he caught it. Isn't it strange that the team that was supposed to be soooooo good the undefeated 18-0 Pats of 07 and the one that dominated in 2011 were the ones making the mistakes and the team that was the underdog was the one poised and making plays..

                        Also something that should be noted is that the Giants went into tons of hostile environments in both playoff runs and win them all..2007 @ TB, @ Dallas and @ GB.. Then beat the favored unbeaten Pats in SB.. And it wasn't a fluke.. Weeks prior they stood toe to toe with them in final game do season losing by 3..
                        2011 Home for Atlanta then @ GB and @ SF then again against favored Pats in SB. And in many cases they went back and beat teams that beat them during the year.. 07 dallas beat NY twice during regular season, GB killed them, and Pats beat them.. 2011 GB and SF beat them during regular games. Same type thing happened in 86 when Denver and niners beat them during season the giants returned the favor when it counted. Pretty impressive I'd say.. Whats Dallas got to show for themselves playoff and SB wise in recent years? Not much!! One win and some embarrassing play in games vs Philly and skins where the winner won div or made playoffs and loser was out. Dallas was humiliated in both cases. And who can forget the botched winning FG attempt vs Seattle, lol
                        Last edited by miked1958; 11-09-2013, 07:50 PM.
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Wow! Thank you 1-7 Minnesota that's now 2-7 thanks to scoring 20 in answered points and holding Washington to only 3 in Second Half!!!
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Wow! Thank you 1-7 Minnesota that's now 2-7 thanks to scoring 20 in answered points and holding Washington to only 3 in Second Half!!!
                            See? We can agree on something. I was quite happy with the outcome of last night's game as well.
                            Minny didn't "choke" that one away I guess.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Downy Eli View Post
                              See? We can agree on something. I was quite happy with the outcome of last night's game as well.
                              Minny didn't "choke" that one away I guess.
                              Hahaha, and so the thread comes full circle!!!
                              They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Downy Eli View Post
                                See? We can agree on something. I was quite happy with the outcome of last night's game as well.
                                Minny didn't "choke" that one away I guess.
                                They where the NFCE is this season I don't see any clear favorite or anyone running away with div. just the way you see a team pull off a victory when defeat was so close, in following weeks you see them blowing games they should all win
                                Football has been very, very good to us.
                                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                                # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                                1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                                4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE
                                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                                ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X