This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000s

[quote user="DB9"][quote user="talkinggmen"]hey you are a joke get your stats right the giants have been to 4 super bowls and won three. Your team has been to 1 30 years in the league no wonder they are called the aints.[/quote]

look at how many championships they lost pre-super bowl era. you can't be a serious giants fan and not know that.[/quote]

Get over your team..you won it lasttt yearr 2010 started this week...focus on what your team has done in free agency...ughh!!! i hate other teams fans!! knhfdkjlhfds;

Comment

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000

this is a joke right! get over your 1 superbowl... dude i want to see brees pass when antrel rolle and kenny phillips is in our back field.... even if kenny phillips was back there you wont not have won that game.... 2007sb was the best in history.... eli put a clinic for brees to watch..... help reggie with his fumbleitis or put kim kardashian in your line up, maybe a fullback?

Comment

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000

[quote user="monster53"]this is a joke right! get over your 1 superbowl... dude i want to see brees pass when antrel rolle and kenny phillips is in our back field.... even if kenny phillips was back there you wont not have won that game.... 2007sb was the best in history.... eli put a clinic for brees to watch..... help reggie with his fumbleitis or put kim kardashian in your line up, maybe a fullback?[/quote]

Full Pack*

Comment

Best how? Make an argument.

I think most would say "best" would be the 2007 Patriots. 18-0, highest scoring offense in league history. Records all over the place, including the one I'm most proud of -- first undefeated team to lose in the championship game.

By overall performance this decade:

- Patriots (3 wins in 4 appearances)
          - Steelers (2 wins in 2 appearances)
          - Giants (1 win in 2 appearances)
          - Colts (1 win in 2 appearances)

The Saints go with the other one-hit wonders. Except the Ravens, their defense in 2000 was all-time great.

And no way the Saints belong at the top of a list of all-decade teams. Put 'em around the middle at best.
          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="DB9"]did i ever say that the saints had a winning history? and fyi, the giants have lost more championships in their history than any NFL team...probably in all of sports[/quote]

And still they have more championships than all but two NFL teams (7).

No NFL team has won more than 3 Super Bowls since 1985. And the Giants are one of the ones that have.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks the Ravens in 2000 were the best of the decade?

It's hard to compare teams across time, even when the time allotted is as narrow as a single decade, but my opinion is that the 2000 Ravens and that monstrous defense would have handed it to any of this decades' SB winners, and contenders for that matter.

Comment

<font color="#000000">Defensively, there is no doubt that the '00 Ravens were the best of the decade. That was the best I've ever seen on that side of the ball, even moreso than the '85 Bears. As a complete team, the '04 Pats were the most balanced overall, so they would get my vote.

The '09 Saints at #3? Please. You can't be that stupid. Maybe 8 or 9. There was NOTHING overly special about that team or that SB in general, other than a lot of folks thinking that the fans somehow 'deserved' it because of something that happened 4 years ago. Sorry, but the rest of the world outside of NO was largely unimpressed.
                </font>

Comment

[quote user="BlueFan71"]<font color="#000000">Defensively, there is no doubt that the '00 Ravens were the best of the decade. That was the best I've ever seen on that side of the ball, even moreso than the '85 Bears. As a complete team, the '04 Pats were the most balanced overall, so they would get my vote.

The '09 Saints at #3? Please. You can't be that stupid. Maybe 8 or 9. There was NOTHING overly special about that team or that SB in general, other than a lot of folks thinking that the fans somehow 'deserved' it because of something that happened 4 years ago. Sorry, but the rest of the world outside of NO was largely unimpressed.
                  </font>[/quote]

I suppose that's a fair way to look at it, since there really is no way to compare the two teams directly. Finding the team that is most complete, or balanced, would probably be the way to most accurately label 'best of the decade'.

However, I will stick to my original thought of claiming the '00 Ravens as the best of this decade. I just can't get past that defense, even today 10 years later. And we all know defense wins championships []

Comment

If they had a shred of offense, I might have considered them, but if I recall correctly, didn't they go for something like 10 straight games without an offensive TD? That is not just bad, but downright pitiful. That offense should have had to give the defense their entire salaries for the season, because they did all the work.

Comment

[quote user="BlueFan71"]<font color="#000000">Defensively, there is no doubt that the '00 Ravens were the best of the decade. That was the best I've ever seen on that side of the ball, even moreso than the '85 Bears. As a complete team, the '04 Pats were the most balanced overall, so they would get my vote.

</font>[/quote]

nothing overly impressive? really? besides being the highest scoring super bowl winning team this decade at 510 points and 64 TDs? Only 3 teams have scored more points and TDs than the saints - the 07' pats, 04' colts and 00' rams but NONE OF THEM WON THE SB. the saints should be in the top 3 by virtue of their great offense alone.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BlueFan71"]<font color="#000000">Defensively, there is no doubt that the '00 Ravens were the best of the decade. That was the best I've ever seen on that side of the ball, even moreso than the '85 Bears. As a complete team, the '04 Pats were the most balanced overall, so they would get my vote.

</font>[/quote]

I suppose that's a fair way to look at it, since there really is no way to compare the two teams directly. Finding the team that is most complete, or balanced, would probably be the way to most accurately label 'best of the decade'.

However, I will stick to my original thought of claiming the '00 Ravens as the best of this decade. I just can't get past that defense, even today 10 years later. And we all know defense wins championships []
                        [/quote]

Gotta agree that Ravens D was sick!!! Scoring points isnt impressive when the game is geared towards making it easier for an offense to move the ball. The D is already at a disadvantage and for that D to abuse offenses like it did is crazy.

Comment

[quote user="BlueFan71"]If they had a shred of offense, I might have considered them, but if I recall correctly, didn't they go for something like 10 straight games without an offensive TD? That is not just bad, but downright pitiful. That offense should have had to give the defense their entire salaries for the season, because they did all the work.
                          [/quote]

I don't believe so. I'd have to look it up, but I remember the month long TD drought occurred when Tony Banks was still at the helm. The offense was all it needed to be with a defense like that. We all like to poke fun at Trent Dilfer, but with weapons like Q Ismail, Brandon Stokely, and future HOF'er Shannon Sharpe, he could get the job done. He was a game manager, yes, but I'm sure you remember the first TD pass in the superbowl... it was a beauty. Rookie Jamal Lewis was definitely a force and the o'line, featuring 11x pro bowler, Jonathan Ogden, wasn't half bad. Also on special teams, Jermaine Lewis had a pretty good year in the return game.

It was a pretty capable offense that paired well with the defense. I've never seen a smash mouth team perform at that high of a level.

Again, I'm not really trying to convince you, and I'm not saying that the 03 pats aren't deserving of the title-- I'm just offering my opinion.

Comment

I stand corrected. It was 5 games

The 2000 Ravens
                            won a Super Bowl with a ferocious defense, a field-goal kicker and not
                            much else. There was something almost endearing about their ineptness on
                            offense, and when they went five games the entire month of that
                            October without scoring an offensive touchdown, it elicited murmurs
                            of awe more than the gnashing of teeth.
                            http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/12/sp.../12ravens.html

Thats still pretty awful though LOL

We all have our opinions, and while I disagree with yours, I will respect it

Comment

some of yall act like little girls

you guys rode that superbowl champ title in 07 until we knocked ur asses out the following year

let the saints fans rub it in a little ......lol

Comment

[quote user="DB9"]1. 2004 Patriots - best offense/defense balance

2. 2000 Ravens - best super bowl winning defense

3. 2009 Saints - best super bowl winning offense

4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote] btw, if u havent noticed this a giants message they cant be no lower than #3 or you'll get blasted

Comment

Working...
                                X