Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I hope that the year after Jerry dies or is no longer owning the team, they win it all. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas hoist another lombardi if it were to spit in the face of Jerry, who is really the only cowboy I really hate now...
    But the Cowboy lovers in the media would spin it and say it was due to what Jerry started. I don't hate any players on the Cowboys either. The Eagles are another story.

Comment

The Schmeagles are going to be our competition for some time to come now. I hate them and Romo equally.

Comment

Cowboys are cursed.... Dez's finger tips touching out of bounds, slick kicker balls, untimely QB-WR miscommunications, a defensive miscommunication... all have contributed to the average Cowboy team over the past 18 seasons.
        The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
          But the Cowboy lovers in the media would spin it and say it was due to what Jerry started. I don't hate any players on the Cowboys either. The Eagles are another story.
          A lot of Cowboy lovers hate Jerry too though... they hate him for firing Landry (even if the game had started to pass him by by the late 80s), they hate him for having such a disagreement with Jimmy Johnson too for that matter. They hate his personnel decisions like some of us hate Reese's. He's being referred to as "NFC Al Davis" for a reason now... and a lot of cowboy fans agree with that assessment.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cover3 View Post
            Blah Blah Blah what about all the other players who were apart of the '07 and '11 super bowl wins? Do they get an indefinite pass from you as well, like Eli? How many years does Eli have to play poorly, years removed from the super bowl wins before you start questioning him? All of you adamant defenders of Eli bring up 2011, his best year, to support your argument. 2011 was an outlier, to expect that kind of performance from Eli again, based on what he has done over his entire career, is ludicrous.

I think people need to come to the realization that Eli is not the Elite QB they so desperately want him to be. Eli is a better than average QB most of the time, and his salary should reflect that. This notion that Eli is an elite quarterback, yet still needs to be surrounded with help is a silly one that a few delusional posters are still clinging to.
            Now I know you have an agenda. You've attacked everyone person who has spoke of Eli in a very positive light.

The user didn't even mention the word "elite" , stop grasping for straws.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Back on Romo a bit.

The guy is pretty good, but again I wouldn't say his numbers are elite. When I think Elite, I think Brees, Rodgers, Peyton type numbers. 35+ TDs somewhat routine, very low interception total.

Romo is really good, but not good enough to elevate an entire team. In fact, Drew Brees isn't either... which is why the Saints went 7-9 in 2012 with a pretty similar situation Romo was in.

Only Rodgers, Peyton, and Brady seem to be able to lift their teams year in, year out.

Romo is really only good enough to keep a bad team like the Cowboys average.

Which is why we've been 8-8 the last few years. Perpetual mediocrity because Jones thinks we're closer than we really are because of some of the things that Romo masks.

That said, I'm not a big Romo backer (anymore). His play has dwindled quite a bit since 2009 and frankly I'm just tired of seeing him fail in clutch moments (great 4th quarter stats be damned). I don't think he's anything worse than a top 10-12 QB, but on a team this bad, that's just not good enough.

Romo needs a better team to succeed, but the same could be said about many QBs in this league. Which is why the large contract extension is such an atrocity. (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

4. OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY: Our offensive philosophy is the worst in the NFL. Most teams will try to do what they do best and force the defense to stop them (or just fail trying). Cowboys? "Take what they give you.". Dez Bryant is triple covered? Let's force the ball to this rookie. Sounds like common sense, but at the same time the Cowboys will be content to let Bryant be doubled or tripled the rest of the game, not move him around or even try to get him over and try to let said rookie win the game for them, which said rookie cannot do.

Basically, they let the opposing defense not just affect, but actually DICTATE the game.
                This is what bothers me about our offense as well. There are no adjustments to have Eli get the ball out of his hands quicker. We'll continue with the 5-7 step dropbacks until the line suddenly collapses. All game long..leading to forced throws, INTs and sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  This is what bothers me about our offense as well. There are no adjustments to have Eli get the ball out of his hands quicker. We'll continue with the 5-7 step dropbacks until the line suddenly collapses. All game long..leading to forced throws, INTs and sacks.
                  The dropbacks are Elis bread and butter. Give him time and he will pick you apart. Eli isnt terrible when he tries to get it out quick but he struggles often. Many of the tipped ints come when hes trying to get the ball out quick.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    The dropbacks are Elis bread and butter. Give him time and he will pick you apart. Eli isnt terrible when he tries to get it out quick but he struggles often. Many of the tipped ints come when hes trying to get the ball out quick.
                    I'm talking about when we have a bad OL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      Now I know you have an agenda. You've attacked everyone person who has spoke of Eli in a very positive light.

The user didn't even mention the word "elite" , stop grasping for straws.
                      Did I say that the user used the term elite? I specifically said they in reference to those who do use that term to describe Eli, not "you", which would imply the poster who I was replying to. Seems like the person with the agenda here is you, and that agenda is to attack me. Clearly you are still upset I said you are not a knowledgeable poster because on numerous occasions you decided to enlighten us with your brilliant analysis, which is wrong far often than not. For what other reason would you continually persist to interject yourself into conversations that involve me?

Comment

Originally posted by Cover3 View Post
                        Did I say that the user used the term elite? I specifically said they in reference to those who do use that term to describe Eli, not "you", which would imply the poster who I was replying to. Seems like the person with the agenda here is you, and that agenda is to attack me. Clearly you are still upset I said you are not a knowledgeable poster because on numerous occasions you decided to enlighten us with your brilliant analysis, which is wrong far often than not. For what other reason would you continually persist to interject yourself into conversations that involve me?
                        Actually you stopped responding to me in that thread...so I'm still waiting for your reply lol. I'm still waiting for evidence that I claimed Nicks' was running the wrong route, and I'm still waiting for evidence that my information or analysis regarding Nicks' poor season is factually incorrect.

And you don't have to necessarily say that the user used the term elite. You mentioned it in your post as if he said Eli was in the elite class, which wasn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          I agree with you, but in a balanced offense, your dropback must not be depended upon in every game with different DStyle teams. This is another phase that made us predictable. We need more no huddle schemes and practice makes perfect. Eli has done this in the past successfully, but they were just in his face all year long.Thank God he did not get injured with a year like this one !!!!
                          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Chok-er-Romo !!!!!!!
                            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                              Chok-er-Romo !!!!!!!
                              I do believe that was lil eli's title this past season

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                                Chok-er-Romo !!!!!!!
                                On a related note, the Denver@Dallas game is on NFL replay right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X