Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't Dallas a consistent playoff team?

I'm just saying this because plenty of Cowboys fans out there talk about how great Tony Romo is and how clutch he is. I mean the guy is number 5 all-time in passer rating and he's not a turnover machine like that so called average QB Eli. So why can't he carry the team on his back and be a playoff team? Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and heck even Eli and Flacco have done it, why can't Tony....seriously?
    Last edited by Eli's Giants; 01-07-2014, 12:52 PM.

At this point it's just all mental with him. He can have all those crazy stats, give me the qb that wins when it matters most.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I don't think it was Tony's fault this year at all. Dallas' defense, especially their pass defense, was beyond pathetic this year. They were first in yards per game allowed, 3rd in most yds allowed per play and 7th in points allowed. On top of that they were penalized a ton as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cover3 View Post
        I don't think it was Tony's fault this year at all. Dallas' defense, especially their pass defense, was beyond pathetic this year. They were first in yards per game allowed, 3rd in most yds allowed per play and 7th in points allowed. On top of that they were penalized a ton as well.
        Yeah but Brady and Rodgers a couple of seasons ago had the 2 worst defenses in the NFL and won their divisions easily. Why can't Romo?

Comment

Hey he's the qb and deserves as much blame as the rest of the team. Until he gets over that hump it will always be that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli's Giants View Post
            Yeah but Brady and Rodgers a couple of seasons ago had the 2 worst defenses in the NFL and won their divisions easily. Why can't Romo?
            Cause he's a choke artist.

Comment

Brady and Rodgers are two of the best QBs in the league, Romo isn't in the same class.

Comment

Brady and Rodgers are two of the best QBs in the league, Romo isn't in the same class.
                stat wise he is...

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                  stat wise he is...
                  Exactly my point, Romo puts up those great numbers and he doesn't turnover the ball like Brady or Rodgers. But for some reason Romo gets the excuse because his defense was bad. Brady and Rodgers had the same problem a couple of seasons ago and they still won their divisions.

Comment

Exactly my point, Romo puts up those great numbers and he doesn't turnover the ball like Brady or Rodgers. But for some reason Romo gets the excuse because his defense was bad. Brady and Rodgers had the same problem a couple of seasons ago and they still won their divisions.
                    It's pretty sad too, that Giant fans find every reason to blame Eli and his struggles but will find every excuse for a guy that has 1 playoff victory in 8 years.

Comment

It's pretty sad too, that Giant fans find every reason to blame Eli and his struggles but will find every excuse for a guy that has 1 playoff victory in 8 years.
                      It's also funny how some Giants fans say that Eli missed the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 season even though he won a SB ring in that span, yet Romo missed the playoffs in the last 4 seasons period. lol

Comment

blame it on the jerry curse

that's just the bottom line

Comment

What are you talking about? Please point out all of these giant fans who chastise Eli and make excuses for Romo, I'll be waiting, I'm sure you will be awhile.

Comment

Eli did it in 2011 as well. And he had the 32nd ranked rushing attack.
                            I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Romo puts up a lot of great stats, but he lacks the mental toughness to get the Cowboys over the hump. He tends to fold under the pressure on the biggest stage. I mean, how many times have we seen Romo break down and cry on the field or on the sidelines after a loss in the past?

Sure, Romo is more athletic than Eli and puts up prettier stats, but Eli has shown that he has the mental toughness to weather the criticism, the losses and rise to the challenge on the biggest stage.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X