Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry, but were people saying that the Jets would get destroyed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm sorry, but were people saying that the Jets would get destroyed?

[quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"]Yeah, thought so.
    [/quote]

Does this week 2 win mean we can expect you, a Jets fan, to be living on the Giants message board the rest of the season?

Because for the last couple of weeks you and the other guy have had a cot pulled up.[/quote]

Wait, this is a Smack Talk board! Do you expect to just create threads bashing the Jets without their fans coming in and responding? It's all good fun.
    [/quote]

I don't know. Did you expect threads NOT to be created after bashing the Giants on yours?[/quote]

Again, that thread was about Francesa,* not the Giants.
    [/quote]

And in it, you guys took just about every shot you possibly could at the Giants. You focusing on the title is splitting hairs.[/quote]

Meh. It's because of the way Francesa praises the Giants and rips on the Jets even when the Jets are outplaying the Giants. He also baited Giants players to talk smack about the Jets. It was more hatred of Francesa than hatred of the Giants. You can't deny that since there isn't one thread about the Giants in the entire board. This one still has 10.
    [/quote]

When the Giants come out and say, without any provocation, that it's our town and stadium, as has been the case with the Jets for the last eight months, feel free to start 100 threads on your board.[/quote]

We're going in circles.

Justin Tuck DID say that the Giants own the town and that it's THEIR stadium completely unprovoked. He was baited by Francesa when the fat man asked him what he thought about the Jets.

The Jets said that they're going to be the biggest show in town. Not a slight to the Giants, just that they're going to be a very good football team.

If a team comes out and says they're going to win the Super Bowl, is that putting down the 31 other teams? Come on, man. Give it up.
    [/quote]

Yep, we're going in circles, but I'm not the one driving the wagon. Francessa asked him what he thought about the Jets talk. That implied what he thought about "our stadium/town" and answered it as such because EVERYBODY has heard it.

He asked Keith Bulluck and Manning in the same interview, and said it directly: how do you feel about the jets calling it their town and their stadium.

Baited by Francessa. You come on. Splitting more hairs?

Comment

[quote user="Jack Robinson"]
      Yep, we're going in circles, but I'm not the one driving the wagon. Francessa asked him what he thought about the Jets talk. That implied what he thought about "our stadium/town" and answered it as such because EVERYBODY has heard it.

He asked Keith Bulluck and Manning in the same interview, and said it directly: how do you feel about the jets calling it their town and their stadium.

Baited by Francessa. You come on. Splitting more hairs?[/quote]

Christ.

Listen to the interviews again, man. You're just flat out wrong. When Francesa interviewed Tuck he made no mention of the Jets calling it *their* town. He just asked Tuck what he feels about the Jets grabbing all the headlines. Manning didn't take the bait, Tuck did.

Comment

[quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"]

Christ.

Listen to the interviews again, man. You're just flat out wrong. When Francesa interviewed Tuck he made no mention of the Jets calling it *their* town. He just asked Tuck what he feels about the Jets grabbing all the headlines. Manning didn't take the bait, Tuck did.
        [/quote]

Christ? I'll add Jesus H.

By talk, he was talking about what the jets already SAID.

Flat out asked Bulluck: What do you think about the jets calling it their stadium and their town?

DID YOU NOT SEE REX'S DAMN PRESS CONFERENCE?: "Next year people are going to be coming in and calling it JETS Stadium."

One of his other comments last year: "We're the greatest show in town."

DID YOU REALLY MISS ALL THIS?

Comment

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"]

Christ.

[/quote]

Flat out asked Bulluck: What do you think about the jets calling it their stadium and their town?

DID YOU NOT SEE REX'S DAMN PRESS CONFERENCE?: "Next year people are going to be coming in and calling it JETS Stadium."

DID YOU REALLY MISS ALL THIS?[/quote]

Show me where Rex said that people will be calling it Jets stadium and I'll concede defeat on this topic. The other bit about the Jets being the biggest show in town is far from smack talk on the Giants, it's indirect at best whereas Tuck's comments were direct and flat out against the Jets.

Take off the goggles, man. Your charade is old.

Comment

I don't even argue with jets fans anymore. the last time they was in the superbowl Joe was waiving his finger around

Comment

[quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"]

Christ.

[/quote]

DID YOU REALLY MISS ALL THIS?[/quote]

Show me where Rex said that people will be calling it Jets stadium and I'll concede defeat on this topic. The other bit about the Jets being the biggest show in town is far from smack talk on the Giants, it's indirect at best whereas Tuck's comments were direct and flat out against the Jets.

Take off the goggles, man. Your charade is old.
              [/quote]

I already told you it's not on youtube. Rex said it, and we all heard it. Francessa flat out asked Bulluck the question and we all knew what he was really asking Tuck, as I've now stated ad nauseum.

At this point I really don't care if you don't believe me or that you didn't get the Rex clips when the news was playing it at the end of last season. Only old charade here is a Jet fan coming on a Giant message board, no...LIVING ON IT...and trying to convince us that we didn't hear something we heard with our OWN EARS.

And GOGGLES? No wonder sound is a problem for you.

Comment

[quote user="younggiant"]I don't even argue with jets fans anymore. the last time they was in the superbowl Joe was waiving his finger around[/quote]

I know. It's unbelievable that I'm still indulging this. I'm not indulging it anymore.

Comment

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="younggiant"]I don't even argue with jets fans anymore. the last time they was in the superbowl Joe was waiving his finger around[/quote]

I know. It's unbelievable that I'm still indulging this.[/quote] 'Cause it's hilariously entertaining!

Comment

[quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"]Yeah, thought so.
                    [/quote]

Does this week 2 win mean we can expect you, a Jets fan, to be living on the Giants message board the rest of the season?

Because for the last couple of weeks you and the other guy have had a cot pulled up.[/quote]

Wait, this is a Smack Talk board! Do you expect to just create threads bashing the Jets without their fans coming in and responding? It's all good fun.
                    [/quote]

I don't know. Did you expect threads NOT to be created after bashing the Giants on yours?[/quote]

[/quote]

And in it, you guys took just about every shot you possibly could at the Giants. You focusing on the title is splitting hairs.[/quote]

Meh. It's because of the way Francesa praises the Giants and rips on the Jets even when the Jets are outplaying the Giants. He also baited Giants players to talk smack about the Jets. It was more hatred of Francesa than hatred of the Giants. You can't deny that since there isn't one thread about the Giants in the entire board. This one still has 10.
                    [/quote]

I don't know which Francesa you're talking about, but the one I listen to is not a Giants-homer who praises them no matter what.

But listening to the WFAN right now, I fully expected to hear the Giants getting ripped apart and everyone singing the Jets praised, however, because no one thought the Colts would lose 2 in a row, no one is really surprised the Giants lost last night, althought they expected the Giants to at least been more competitive.

As for the Jets win, no one's really slobbering so far, especially Craig Carton. It's only week 2, people

Comment

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="YankeesJets"]Yeah, thought so.
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know which Francesa you're talking about, but the one I listen to is not a Giants-homer who praises them no matter what.
                      [/quote]

Did you watch Mike'd Up after the game last night? It's pretty clear how full of **** he is just listening to him. Good thing it was a "free game" for the Giants tonight or you might be pretty worried as a Giants fan. I mean they certainly had a lot of currency built up in the bank with their dominant win over one of the worst teams in the NFL Week 1.

He's a jackass.

And, you're right, it's only Week 2. Plenty of football left.

Comment

[quote user="Jack Robinson"]

At this point I really don't care if you don't believe me or that you didn't get the Rex clips when the news was playing it at the end of last season. Only old charade here is a Jet fan coming on a Giant message board, no...LIVING ON IT...and trying to convince us that we didn't hear something we heard with our OWN EARS.

And GOGGLES? No wonder sound is a problem for you.[/quote]

I like how you give Tuck the benefit of the doubt, but don't for anything said by the Jets. If you'd only take the Blue Goggles off for once you'd be able to have an honest football discussion. But what can you do?

Comment

[quote user="YankeesJets"][quote user="Jack Robinson"]

And GOGGLES? No wonder sound is a problem for you.[/quote]

I like how you give Tuck the benefit of the doubt, but don't for anything said by the Jets. If you'd only take the Blue Goggles off for once you'd be able to have an honest football discussion. But what can you do?[/quote]

Where is the benefit of the doubt when we know the exact quotes Tuck is referring to?

You're a Jets fan. Go back to your board and enjoy your season.

Comment

I can recalla season the Giants having their *** handed to them in the fisrt 2 weeks then winning a super Bowl .I can't recall the jets doing that.. I was 2 when they won their last one.. Hell, I think the jets last super bowl was before man walked on the moon</P>

Comment

Can we stop with the Jets bashing now? Say what you want about the Jets, but they at least play hard and real tough. I wish our guys did that instead of just mailing in a *****-*** performance like last night . . . .

Comment

The Jets played very well yesterday. That was a great second half for them and a great win. To go 0-2 and have Miami start 2-0 would not have been good. I am no Jets hater like the rest, although Rex Ryan does need to shut up sometimes, because some of my best friends are Jets fans. Anyway good win yest.

Comment

Working...
                                X