Top 5 QB's of All-Time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 QB's of All-Time?

Simple question, who's your top 5 QB's of all time and why?

1:Eli
    2:Eli
    3:Eli
    4:Eli
    5:Eli
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      1:Eli
      2:Eli
      3:Eli
      4:Eli
      5:Eli
      I thought you would say Cruz lol, but it's a serious question.

Comment

Unitas
        Montana
        Brady
        P. Manning

All had a combination of setting records, dominance during their eras, and winning championships. That last spot is tricky and I'm trying to put someone in there but every time I feel like I can justify someone else instead. Bart Starr, Bradshaw, and Staubach have the championships and regular season wins but not quite the dominant passing stats of their time. Marino has the records but not the championships. Favre has the crazy numbers and a championship and remarkable longevity but my gut doesn't want to put him there. Elway has to be considered too. Those top 4 are easy for me but that 5th spot is hard.

Comment

1- Eli Manning
          2- Ryan Nassib
          3- Jared Lorenzen
          4- Mike Cherry
          5- Jesse Palmer
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by Cartwright View Post
            Unitas
            Montana
            Brady
            P. Manning

All had a combination of setting records, dominance during their eras, and winning championships. That last spot is tricky and I'm trying to put someone in there but every time I feel like I can justify someone else instead. Bart Starr, Bradshaw, and Staubach have the championships and regular season wins but not quite the dominant passing stats of their time. Marino has the records but not the championships. Favre has the crazy numbers and a championship and remarkable longevity but my gut doesn't want to put him there. Elway has to be considered too. Those top 4 are easy for me but that 5th spot is hard.
            I completely forgot about Unitas. He belongs up there as well. Probably because I want to block out any idea that the Colts-Giants championship game ever happened.

This makes my rankings a hell of a lot easier.

1) Montana
            2) Unitas
            3) Marino
            4) Elway
            5) Rodgers*

*I feel that Rodgers will eventually eclipse Peyton in both stats and championships, especially if he wins another ring. If Rodgers' career fizzles out, #5 becomes Peyton.
            Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-06-2014, 10:49 AM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Montana is the best. after that in no order-brady, manning, marino, unitas.

Comment

Montana
                Brady
                Peyton
                Elway
                Marino
                One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                  Montana
                  Brady
                  Peyton
                  Elway
                  Marino
                  Out of the QBs I've watched, this is my list.. I never seen Unitas play

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                    Out of the QBs I've watched, this is my list.. I never seen Unitas play
                    Same here.

Although I debated putting Marino on the list since he never won a Super Bowl, but I couldn't justify leaving him off the list for that. He was just too good even though a lack of a Super Bowl title does hurt his legacy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                      Same here.

Although I debated putting Marino on the list since he never won a Super Bowl, but I couldn't justify leaving him off the list for that. He was just too good even though a lack of a Super Bowl title does hurt his legacy.
                      I thought super bowls didn't matter when determining a QBs legacy. That's what everyone says about Eli all the time...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        I thought super bowls didn't matter when determining a QBs legacy. That's what everyone says about Eli all the time...
                        Super Bowls, or lack thereof, play a role in any Super Bowl era QB's legacy. Marino's considered one of the greatest QB's of all time, but not having a Super Title is a mark against his legacy, fair or not.

And despite having two Super Bowls, Eli's overall career up to this point doesn't have the same level of greatness that Marino's did which is why most people wouldn't put Eli in the same category with Marino.

sigpic

Comment

The issue is having guys like Starr, Unitas, Montana, Marino, vs guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees ect. Its a completely different game now.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Joe Montana
                            Johnny Unitas
                            Dan Marino
                            Tom Brady
                            Peyton Manning

Comment

Montana
                              Brady
                              Unitas
                              Elway