Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Jones blames himself for Tony Romo not having a SB ring.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romo isn't clutch, Exhibit A.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...reaking-losses
    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...h-quarterbacks

Comment

When the only evidence you have that Romo is 'clutch' is some NFL writer named 'Bucky' calling him clutch that should be a sign that he isn't clutch. Then again, you can't point to multiple playoff wins or SB titles to back up the claim that Romo is clutch.

sigpic

Comment

When the only evidence you have that Romo is 'clutch' is some NFL writer named 'Bucky' calling him clutch that should be a sign that he isn't clutch. Then again, you can't point to multiple playoff wins or SB titles to back up the claim that Romo is clutch.

+1
          sigpic

Comment

ive seen Romo throw last second td's on 4th downs at end of games to win...almost had another one against you chumps had Dez tucked that pinky finger in...if Dallas had a defense these last few yrs, there would of been even more victories to add but the nitwit haters want to put it on Romo....mind you now, Romo has screwed up before but his clutch plays are far more in numbers than that eli character. eli just had a good defense that won those sb's; along with that "help me jesus" pass against the patriots on that 4th down. that play I wouldn't consider it clutch cause eli had no idea what the hell he was doing lol...thank tyree for that one; who actually should of won the sb mvp that year.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFeelgood View Post

if Dallas had a defense these last few yrs, there would of been even more victories to add

And if you weren't a "bandwagoner", you'd be a New York Giants fan.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL, I said the same thing in another thread. In what world do you take a guy named Bucky seriously?
                sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

ive seen Romo throw last second td's on 4th downs at end of games to win...almost had another one against you chumps had Dez tucked that pinky finger in...if Dallas had a defense these last few yrs, there would of been even more victories to add but the nitwit haters want to put it on Romo....mind you now, Romo has screwed up before but his clutch plays are far more in numbers than that eli character. eli just had a good defense that won those sb's; along with that "help me jesus" pass against the patriots on that 4th down. that play I wouldn't consider it clutch cause eli had no idea what the hell he was doing lol...thank tyree for that one; who actually should of won the sb mvp that year.
                  So, it's everybody else's fault, but Romo? Yeah, okay.

I'll be the first to say Eli's not perfect, but in 2007 the Giants had a really good defense and running game to help Eli out, but that wasn't the case in 2011. In both cases, Eli had to step his game up or the Giants weren't making it to the playoffs, let alone winning a SB.

And you can call it a 'help me jesus' pass, but Eli had to actually avoid getting sacked before he could make that pass. Plus, Eli had to help the Giants win multiple playoff games to get to both of those SBs, including getting beaten like a red-headed stepchild by the Niners in the NFCCG.

So, you can keep trying to downgrade Eli's SB wins all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he did what Romo hasn't done yet, come through in the postseason.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
                    LOL, I said the same thing in another thread. In what world do you take a guy named Bucky seriously?
                    Marvel Universe. The Winter Soldier is pretty hardcore.

Seriously though, although I don't really agree with Bucky's list he's pretty credible. Former player that has been a sports writer for the last 15 years. He's put in quite a bit of work.

Comment

quite possibly the biggest farce in the history of the nfl. eli sucks lol......I am hoping he's the giants qb for a few more yrs at least
                      Kinda like Troy Aikman and his overrated trophy case, huh?
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

ive seen Romo throw last second td's on 4th downs at end of games to win...
                        Cool. Ever see him have a game winning TD in a superbowl?
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Cool. Ever see him have a game winning TD in a superbowl?
                          have you?

Comment

have you?

Nope, none of has ever seen Romo throw a game winning TD in a Superbowl.

That's because he was never good enough to make it to a Superbowl in the first place.

Bwwwwwaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

have you?
                              You still refuse to answer either of the questions. QUESTION #1, WHAT IS DALLAS' RECORD AGAINST THE GIANTS IN WIN OR GO HOME GAMES? QUESTION #2, HOW MANY PLAYOFF WINS DOES ROMO HAVE ON HIS RESUME? Hurry up and answer because I have both a volleyball game and a date later on today.
                              sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Kinda like Troy Aikman and his overrated trophy case, huh?
                                Kind of off on a tangent here, but it's funny that you think Aikman is overrated.

I rarely see people discussing him as a top 15 QB, or maybe even top 20. I'm actually okay with that. I think he had the talent of some of the guys ahead of him, but he just didn't have to do as much with it and rather he helped the team by being the QB they needed him to be.

His personality was a perfect fit for that team.

Comment

Working...
                                X