Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Sports Fans Have No Soul? (Regarding Michael Vick's Free Agency)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    Child molesters and sick child predators get less time than Vick did.
    The ridiculously low sentences are a different debate but nobody is considered lower in society than sex offenders. Wont see any of them playing sports. Their lack of athletic ability is one of the reasons they target the weak.

    Comment


    • #17
      I swear, some of you people think a burgler has the right to sue the house owner if he trips and falls while robbing the house in the middle of the night and breaks an ankle.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
        Child molesters and sick child predators get less time than Vick did.
        Sex offenders and those that abuse animals are in the same boat; they take advantage of those helpless that can't defend themselves. I just cannot imagine why Vick is safe in this world, let alone entitled to have a job making millions in the NFL; he was responsible for a reprehensible act. So, torture dogs, do two years in prison and you served your penance because other scum don't get as much time? Well, other scum is in registries and likely cannot find jobs. Vick got his million-dollar job back.
        Last edited by strahantuck1; 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Vick is scum, no doubt about it. And the dog-killer label will follow him for the rest of his life, as it should.

          But how can people be so up in arms about Vick being allowed to play in the NFL when you have so many other players over the years that have a history of assault, murder, manslaughter, etc still allowed to make millions? If the league, and NFL fans to an extent, didn't tolerate convicted felons or people with criminal histories playing football then Vick would never have been allowed back into the league to begin with.
          One of these teams is not like the others

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by strahantuck1 View Post
            Sex offenders and those that abuse animals are in the same boat; they take advantage of those helpless that can't defend themselves. I just cannot imagine why Vick is safe in this world, let alone entitled to have a job making millions in the NFL; he was responsible for a reprehensible act. So, torture dogs, do two years in prison and you served your penance because other scum don't get as much time? Well, other scum is in registries and likely cannot find jobs. Vick got his million-dollar job back.
            REALLY ??? Sex offenders and a person who kills dogs are in the same boat ??? I personally think that people like you might have something wrong with them . You cannot equate human life with an animals life ! Thats really the bigger problem . You would have a human killed because he killed dogs . Read that a few times and tell me who really has issues

            Comment


            • #21
              Besides the facts that he served his time , been nothing but a class act in Philthadelphia , took the air out of the BSPN 's insistance on painting Riley Cooper as a racist , and has done no wrong since being reinstated . And where do you come off saying Stallworths remorse was real and Vicks was not . Another ridiculous post by a fellow Giant fan . Guess you gotta take the good with the bad

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by 19Leo61 View Post
                REALLY ??? Sex offenders and a person who kills dogs are in the same boat ??? I personally think that people like you might have something wrong with them . You cannot equate human life with an animals life ! Thats really the bigger problem . You would have a human killed because he killed dogs . Read that a few times and tell me who really has issues
                You didnt know? Murdering a human and stealing a candy bar from the gas station are the same crime!
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                  Vick is scum, no doubt about it. And the dog-killer label will follow him for the rest of his life, as it should.

                  But how can people be so up in arms about Vick being allowed to play in the NFL when you have so many other players over the years that have a history of assault, murder, manslaughter, etc still allowed to make millions? If the league, and NFL fans to an extent, didn't tolerate convicted felons or people with criminal histories playing football then Vick would never have been allowed back into the league to begin with.
                  Well Said King. +1
                  1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                  Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Two arrests and you get suspended one season without pay, no question. Three arrests or you serve jail time, and you forfeit any money owed to you (it gets donated to charity) and you're kicked out of the NFL.

                    Not much though went into that, but if the league implemented penalties of that sort, maybe it would force players to sort themselves out.

                    As it stands, the league makes millionaires of far too many pieces of ****.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      Two arrests and you get suspended one season without pay, no question. Three arrests or you serve jail time, and you forfeit any money owed to you (it gets donated to charity) and you're kicked out of the NFL.

                      Not much though went into that, but if the league implemented penalties of that sort, maybe it would force players to sort themselves out.

                      As it stands, the league makes millionaires of far too many pieces of ****.
                      +100 Exactly. Yet the league then imposes a penalty for excessive celebrating or dunking the football, when these matters of conduct are the much more serious issue. These " Priorities " are assbackwards.
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                      Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 19Leo61 View Post
                        REALLY ??? Sex offenders and a person who kills dogs are in the same boat ??? I personally think that people like you might have something wrong with them . You cannot equate human life with an animals life ! Thats really the bigger problem . You would have a human killed because he killed dogs . Read that a few times and tell me who really has issues
                        I would prefer them all in the same boat if that boat was the Titanic. I would personally hold their heads underwater until the bubbles stop. There is no place in a civilized society for any of those type of people. Not only do they prey on innocent and the weak they have near 0% rehabilitation rates.

                        Let's clarify something. Vick didn't just "kill dogs", he tortured them and killed them for pure pleasure. He organized, managed and profited from a multi state criminal enterprise whose core business was the drawn out torture of innocent animals. His organization is also linked to hundreds of dog thefts in the communities around the area to use as bait dogs. This is a person whose psyche is based purely on violence and control, very little difference between his mind and the mind of a sex offender.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          In Puerto Rico The National sport is **** ( other word for rooster )fighting. In Spain it is Bullfighting. In Japan Dogfighting is very popular. Pittbull fighting in the U.S. is a very popular underground sport with lots of money involved.

                          http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...-fighting-raid

                          http://people.howstuffworks.com/dogfighting1.htm

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fig..._United_States

                          Again as I posted previously, child molesters who commit much more evil crimes do less time than Vick did. The court docs even mention that he was not present at these (his) houses his cousins and "friends" were using to conduct these illegal dogfights. I agree with Penguinfarmer and Flip, that many NFL players have gotten away with much worse and still have their NFL careers.

                          This is the NFL's fault for picking their legal battles. Vick did his time, others did not. I am not condoning Vicks actions, but the facts are that there are many players that did worse and still play in the NFL without serving time.
                          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                          Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                            He was found guilty and paid for his crimes with jail time and financial losses. I think this thread is childish and a big waste.
                            It takes a special kind of cruelty to do what Michael Vick did. He should have been kicked out of the league for good.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                              There is no place in a civilized society for any of those type of people. Not only do they prey on innocent and the weak they have near 0% rehabilitation rates.

                              Let's clarify something. Vick didn't just "kill dogs", he tortured them and killed them for pure pleasure. He organized, managed and profited from a multi state criminal enterprise whose core business was the drawn out torture of innocent animals. His organization is also linked to hundreds of dog thefts in the communities around the area to use as bait dogs. This is a person whose psyche is based purely on violence and control, very little difference between his mind and the mind of a sex offender.
                              Exactly. It is ludicrous for anyone here to justify his actions, say others do worse, or tell me he's paid his dues. I think some moron even stated "Well, he found Jesus, so he's O.K., now".

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                It takes a special kind of cruelty to do what Michael Vick did. He should have been kicked out of the league for good.
                                Agreed. In the real world, having a criminal conviction to your name makes it harder to find work, whereas in the NFL, a guy can just waltz right out of prison and into a multi-million dollar contract.

                                It isn't right. The league effectively condones these players' actions by willfully employing them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X