Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Sports Fans Have No Soul? (Regarding Michael Vick's Free Agency)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Agreed. In the real world, having a criminal conviction to your name makes it harder to find work, whereas in the NFL, a guy can just waltz right out of prison and into a multi-million dollar contract.

It isn't right. The league effectively condones these players' actions by willfully employing them.
    This ! +100
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

I see SUNY Cortland, where the Jets have held preseason practice since 2009, has started a petition to bar Vick from it's campus. The President of that college endorses it - and with 1,500 signatures, is halfway to making it official. An except from this:
      "We MUST send the message that we won't be party to the torture of animals by conveniently forgetting what he has done. If we welcome Vick onto our campus, we are complicit in his crimes. We are sending the message that, for money and publicity, we will turn a blind eye to the horrors of dogfighting. I don't want to be that person, and I don't want SUNY Cortland to abandon its principles so easily."
      Will the Jets change locations for their practices over this? How would Vick compete for his position or get familiar with his new team, if they don't? Would other facilities follow?

Comment

Vick is the only NFL player I have ever wished, and will continue to wish a career ending injury each and every time he's on the field.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          Vick is the only NFL player I have ever wished, and will continue to wish a career ending injury each and every time he's on the field.
          Damn, FBomb ........that's COLD !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
            Damn, FBomb ........that's COLD !!!
            Scum
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Scum
              I wish him to walk amongst us - with dog feces smeared on his face, and a wooden "DOG KILLER" sign chained around his neck.

Comment

Agreed. **** him. The fact that he played for two crappy teams in the Eagles and Jets doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by 19Leo61 View Post
                  Besides the facts that he served his time , been nothing but a class act in Philthadelphia , took the air out of the BSPN 's insistance on painting Riley Cooper as a racist , and has done no wrong since being reinstated . And where do you come off saying Stallworths remorse was real and Vicks was not . Another ridiculous post by a fellow Giant fan . Guess you gotta take the good with the bad
                  Exactly. I think that some of the fans in these forums let the fact that a player plays for a rival cloud their judgement. Vick could have gotten life in prison without parole and it still wouldn't be enough. Anyways, my opinion on Vick is that he did his time, continues to try and make amends, has been humbled, and has a right to continue on with the career that that he had before. Personally, I will never like the guy, but he has his rights.
                  sigpic

Comment

In Puerto Rico The National sport is **** ( other word for rooster )fighting. In Spain it is Bullfighting. In Japan Dogfighting is very popular. Pittbull fighting in the U.S. is a very popular underground sport with lots of money involved.

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...-fighting-raid

http://people.howstuffworks.com/dogfighting1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fig..._United_States

Again as I posted previously, child molesters who commit much more evil crimes do less time than Vick did. The court docs even mention that he was not present at these (his) houses his cousins and "friends" were using to conduct these illegal dogfights. I agree with Penguinfarmer and Flip, that many NFL players have gotten away with much worse and still have their NFL careers.

This is the NFL's fault for picking their legal battles. Vick did his time, others did not. I am not condoning Vicks actions, but the facts are that there are many players that did worse and still play in the NFL without serving time.
                    Nice post here
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                      Exactly. I think that some of the fans in these forums let the fact that a player plays for a rival cloud their judgement. Vick could have gotten life in prison without parole and it still wouldn't be enough. Anyways, my opinion on Vick is that he did his time, continues to try and make amends, has been humbled, and has a right to continue on with the career that that he had before. Personally, I will never like the guy, but he has his rights.
                      Nonsense my friend. Vick did this with the Falcons and I couldn't care less about them.

There is a special place in hell for those who demonstrate that kind of cruelty.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Nonsense my friend. Vick did this with the Falcons and I couldn't care less about them.

There is a special place in hell for those who demonstrate that kind of cruelty.
                        Well maybe it is for you. Not the case for some of our fans. If he was here playing for the giants, we don't get as many people *****ing about it. I have no problem for people totally disliking him for what he did. To ***** about him moving on with his life is another.
                        sigpic

Comment

In Puerto Rico The National sport is **** ( other word for rooster )fighting. In Spain it is Bullfighting. In Japan Dogfighting is very popular. Pittbull fighting in the U.S. is a very popular underground sport with lots of money involved.

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...-fighting-raid

http://people.howstuffworks.com/dogfighting1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fig..._United_States

Again as I posted previously, child molesters who commit much more evil crimes do less time than Vick did. The court docs even mention that he was not present at these (his) houses his cousins and "friends" were using to conduct these illegal dogfights. I agree with Penguinfarmer and Flip, that many NFL players have gotten away with much worse and still have their NFL careers.

This is the NFL's fault for picking their legal battles. Vick did his time, others did not. I am not condoning Vicks actions, but the facts are that there are many players that did worse and still play in the NFL without serving time.

This information is misleading. Vick was not present at the houses at the time of investigation and arrests, but was present and actively involved at previous times. Some people like to shrug the dog fighting activity as normal for the dogs' behavior, and human entertainment. How do you think it affected the numerous families who had their gentle dogs stolen to be used as bait, for these scumbags' delight?

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                            Well maybe it is for you. Not the case for some of our fans. If he was here playing for the giants, we don't get as many people *****ing about it. I have no problem for people totally disliking him for what he did. To ***** about him moving on with his life is another.
                            I dislike the fact that a person like him is still able to earn what he does, and receive the adoration that he does. It just seems wrong. The same goes for several other players in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I guess everyone in Japan will burn in hell , lol !!!!!! Spicy or regular !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                I dislike the fact that a person like him is still able to earn what he does, and receive the adoration that he does. It just seems wrong. The same goes for several other players in the league.
                                Fair enough. I agree that the system sucks. In the real world, your background is important if you want a good job. In the nfl, talent supersedes integrity all of the time. It is what it is. I prefer for people to complain about the system than them complain about the player benefitting from the system.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X