Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick leaves Eagles with class.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...251597511.html

Good luck with the Jets, Mike. You're gonna need it.
    *Just beat the damn Cowboys and I can be happy.*
    (The Eagles? Who gives a crap about the Eagles?)

The thing that is most mind-boggling is the comment section. I can understand Vick writing what he did, but Philly FANS being nice people? The fanbase that throws batteries at opposing fans, booed Santa Claus, and cheers their own players getting injured? THAT scum? Being generally nice people? What the hell has this world come to?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Who knew the day would come when the words 'Vick', 'Eagles' and 'class' would end up in the same sentence on a Giants board? If you live long enough you really do see impossible things happen.

I still don't like Vick, but I've got to give credit where it's due. Vick handled losing his starting job to Foles with class and he walked out the door with class. Let's see if that holds up under the spotlight of the New York media.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

The circus continues. If you listen closely you can hear the calliope playing faintly in the background.

Jet's practice facility in Cortland NY.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Comment

FBomb, you've nailed it, sir! I will always look at Michael Vick as human scum because of what he did, and nothing he can do going forward will ever change my opinion of him.
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
              FBomb, you've nailed it, sir! I will always look at Michael Vick as human scum because of what he did, and nothing he can do going forward will ever change my opinion of him.
              The weird thing is.....people will try and make me out to be the bad guy for not forgiving him. "He paid his debt, you're a racist, there are murderers and rapist playing in the NFL....blah blah blah" and NOW Jets fans are saying it too.....The thing is, anyone who could do that to a defenseless and loyal creature has no moral compass. Vick is only "rehabilitated" because the NFL is forcing him to. Without the NFL's money, he would be back to doing it again to support himself. **** him and **** the Jests!

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                The weird thing is.....people will try and make me out to be the bad guy for not forgiving him. "He paid his debt, you're a racist, there are murderers and rapist playing in the NFL....blah blah blah" and NOW Jets fans are saying it too.....The thing is, anyone who could do that to a defenseless and loyal creature has no moral compass. Vick is only "rehabilitated" because the NFL is forcing him to. Without the NFL's money, he would be back to doing it again to support himself. **** him and **** the Jests!
                Does it make me a terrible person if I think the most vile, repugnant thing Vick ever did was signing with the eagles? And that the bad memory i will always associate with him isn't his dogfighting ring, but that 28 point comeback that damn near drove me to suicide?
                Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Does it make me a terrible person if I think the most vile, repugnant thing Vick ever did was signing with the eagles? And that the bad memory i will always associate with him isn't his dogfighting ring, but that 28 point comeback that damn near drove me to suicide?
                  Just something else I can hold against him. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    The thing that is most mind-boggling is the comment section. I can understand Vick writing what he did, but Philly FANS being nice people? The fanbase that throws batteries at opposing fans, booed Santa Claus, and cheers their own players getting injured? THAT scum? Being generally nice people? What the hell has this world come to?
                    The fans in Philly are nowhere near the worst. Washington Redskins fans threw garbage at Shady McCoy when he was being carried off the field and fans at Candlestick are constantly starting fights with people. The lowlives over in New Orleans actually held up signs "Jerome Brown was an Eagle. Now he's a Saint" after he died and they also chanted the slogan.
                    There are miserable fans everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuurus View Post
                      The fans in Philly are nowhere near the worst. Washington Redskins fans threw garbage at Shady McCoy when he was being carried off the field and fans at Candlestick are constantly starting fights with people. The lowlives over in New Orleans actually held up signs "Jerome Brown was an Eagle. Now he's a Saint" after he died and they also chanted the slogan.
                      There are miserable fans everywhere.
                      Eagles fans are known to be very bad. Redskin fans aren't that bad, they are just annoying but that's about it.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        Eagles fans are known to be very bad. Redskin fans aren't that bad, they are just annoying but that's about it.
                        Been to games at both places numerous times and Washington Redskins fans are unadulterated dog feces. Philadelphia fans aren't much better but I would take them over Washington fans anyday.
                        Last edited by Kuurus; 03-23-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuurus View Post
                          Been to games at both places numerous times and Washington Redskins fans are unadulterated dog feces. Philadelphia fans aren't much better but I w pull take them over Washington fans anyday.
                          Redskin fans are relatively harmless. There are bad ones, but they really aren't that bad.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Only a person with inherent cruelty could do what Vick did.

He was sorry for what it did to him.....That's all.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Completely agree. He hasn't changed one bit. He wants people to believe he has because his PR reps told him to sell that line of crap, but everyone in touch with reality knows he's still the same scumbag who tortured and murdered defenseless animals just so he could turn a profit. I firmly believe that most people can change, but not someone like him. Anyone who could do what he did is far too arrogant and selfish to be able to change to such an extreme degree. He's trash, and if it were up to me, he'd never get paid another cent from an NFL team, nor would he ever be allowed to own another pet of any kind.
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X