Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict the NFCE

Prediction time!

Feel free to critique or create your own predictions. Also interested to see which players will have a big year, disappointing year, breakout players, secret superstars in waiting, etc.

NEW YORK: 11-5

-Division Narrative: 3-3 even split, start 0-3 in division, end 3-0
    -Big wins: IND after by week at home, SF & AZ at home
    -Disappointing Losses: Lose @ TEN

DALLAS: 8-8
    -Division Narrative: 4-2, sweeps Philly, splits NYG & WSH

WASHINGTON: 8-8
    Division Narrative: 2-4, Split NYG & DAL, Swept by PHI

PHI: 7-9
    3-3 Division, Split NYG, Swept By DAL, Sweeps WSH

Giants 9-7
    Eagles 9-7
    Washington 7-9
    Dallas 6-10
    sigpic

Comment

Eagles 11-5
      Washington 9-7
      Giants 8-8
      Dallas 7-9

Comment

Everybody 8-8.. Giants win the division on tie breakers..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          Everybody 8-8.. Giants win the division on tie breakers..

I wonder how the owners like Jerry Jones would feel about two more playoff teams making the playoffs, if this actually happened..

Imagine all four teams making the playoffs??!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
            I wonder how the owners like Jerry Jones would feel about two more playoff teams making the playoffs, if this actually happened..

Imagine all four teams making the playoffs??!!
            Wait, thats possible now? All WC teams can come from the same division? If so, NFC West may be that division.

AS for the NFCE:

Eagles 10-6
            Giants 9-7
            Redskins 8-8
            Cowboys 6-10
            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
              Prediction time!

Feel free to critique or create your own predictions. Also interested to see which players will have a big year, disappointing year, breakout players, secret superstars in waiting, etc.

NEW YORK: 11-5

-Division Narrative: 3-3 even split, start 0-3 in division, end 3-0
              -Big wins: IND after by week at home, SF & AZ at home
              -Disappointing Losses: Lose @ TEN

DALLAS: 8-8
              -Division Narrative: 4-2, sweeps Philly, splits NYG & WSH

WASHINGTON: 8-8
              Division Narrative: 2-4, Split NYG & DAL, Swept by PHI

PHI: 7-9
              3-3 Division, Split NYG, Swept By DAL, Sweeps WSH
              I'd say:

NYG 9-7, 5-1 in the division (sweeps PHI and WAS), big win against Seattle, but drops a boneheaded loss to Jacksonville.

PHI 9-7, 3-3 in the division (swept by NYG, sweeps WAS). Week 17 is the deciding factor between NYG and PHI. They're clear out in first at 8-3 going into the final stretch, but lose 4 out of the last 5 to lose the division, only barely beating washington week 16. The tears of unfathomable sadness flow forth from the Delaware River and all is right with the world.

DAL 8-8, 4-2 in the division (splits NYG and PHI, sweeps WAS).

WAS 3-13, 0-6 division, defenses have adjusted to the read option and Griffin is benched at bye week.
              Last edited by Toadofsteel; 05-31-2014, 08:37 AM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Wait, thats possible now? All WC teams can come from the same division? If so, NFC West may be that division.
                Not yet... only if they expand to 14 teams.

You CAN have 3 teams from one division make the playoffs though. NFC East did in 2007, Dallas won the division but Giants and Washington got in as wild cards. Washington went one and done, but the Giants... well... you know the rest.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Nick Foles is no joke. Tony Romo is. I don't see the Cowboys finishing ahead of the Eagles.

Comment

Giants 10-6
                    Eagles 9-7
                    Skins 8-8
                    Cowboys 7-9
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                      Giants 10-6
                      Eagles 9-7
                      Skins 8-8
                      Cowboys 7-9
                      Nailed it

Comment

All we can realistically predict:

The previous division winner will not repeat
                        The Cowboys will play for the division in week 17 and lose
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                          All we can realistically predict:

The previous division winner will not repeat
                          The Cowboys will play for the division in week 17 and lose
                          This was my thinking, too. But then I sat down, looked at schedules, tried to assess where teams would be week by week, and just don't think the boys will be in it come week 17.

I can see most of our teams beating teams we'd expect, but I think AZ And SF when faced with an east coast playoff caliber team on the road... They'll lose. You guys are the only playoff gauntlet ready team, IMO because of commitment to the defense. Therefore, I think you guys naturally have two more wins than the rest of us. You guys improved on an underrated defense while everyone else remained stagnant in the div. And I say underrated defense because I feel the most important defensive ranking is defensive passer rating. In the last 10 years or so only 3 SB winners weren't top 5 material in that category during the reg season, but all 3 teams really amped it up in the playoffs. Not surprisingly, the giants were 2 of those 3 teams (btw the 07 and 11 squads defied a lot of different trends for Super Bowl winners). You guys ranked 7th overall last year, and have made big improvements to help in that category as well, at least on paper.

Everyone else has a questionable defenses.

I think the redskins will be he 2nd best team, but the schedule doesn't break for them well, and Dallas wins 2nd place in tie breakers. Philly is overrated IMO. Foles took the most time to throw of any QB IIRC last year, and I don't think his line affords him as much time time this year with their 2 best lineman at age 32. And without Djax stretching the field, I think the box is stacked to slow McCoy and blitzes will be more common to knock Foles off rhythm and back into mediocrity. They got lucky with the schedule/injuries last year and no way they are as fortunate this season. Despite the flash, This team was one Kyle Orton drive away from not being in the playoffs last year.

Comment

wow, the serious loss of reality thinking exists heavily in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by DrFeelgood View Post
                              wow, the serious loss of reality thinking exists heavily in this thread
                              Of course the thread sucks for a tony romo brown noser like you. The giants are going to handle Dallas like I handled that flight instructor on my motorcycle.
                              sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X