• Show
Clear All

Washington Warriors was my fave.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
      Washington Warriors was my fave.

Mine too. They can even keep the logo with that nickname.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
        Mine too. They can even keep the logo with that nickname.
        Exactly !!!!

Comment

Exactly !!!!
          While we're at this ridiculous subject why don't they 1. keep the name Redskins name and change the logo to a redskin potato, or 2. have a logo of a Native American holding a redskin potato, so this can really gin up a BS debate. The media can go wild along with Harry Reid and the PC police!

Comment

who cares

Comment

Originally posted by radar-ray View Post
              While we're at this ridiculous subject why don't they 1. keep the name Redskins name and change the logo to a redskin potato, or 2. have a logo of a Native American holding a redskin potato, so this can really gin up a BS debate. The media can go wild along with Harry Reid and the PC police!

I got a better idea. How about if we just change the name so we can stop offending the Native Americans who are offended by it?

St Johns University did, when they changed their nickname from the Red Men to the Red Storm.

It's no friggin big deal, so just change it already.
              sigpic

Comment

I got a better idea. How about if we just change the name so we can stop offending the Native Americans who are offended by it?

St Johns University did, when they changed their nickname from the Red Men to the Red Storm.

It's no friggin big deal, so just change it already.
                WE can't change the name because WE Don't own it. Why don't the several Native American High School football teams (Mesa High School, etc.), with the name Redskins change it, if they're so upset about an 81 year old name? Because They're not!

Comment

I think they should just move the team to Canada. Problem solved.

Comment

I think they should just move the team to Canada. Problem solved.
                    You want to tick off 10% of the Native Canadians!!! Just kidding.

Comment

WE can't change the name because WE Don't own it. Why don't the several Native American High School football teams (Mesa High School, etc.), with the name Redskins change it, if they're so upset about an 81 year old name? Because They're not!

First, if the Washington team received any public government funding for their new stadium, which they did, then they can't offend anybody's race or nationality.

Second, there have been plenty of teams at the high school and college level that have changed their nickname to a less offensive nickname. St John's University is just one example when they changed their nickname from the Red Men, to the Red Storm.

Just change it!
                      sigpic

Comment

First, if the Washington team received any public government funding for their new stadium, which they did, then they can't offend anybody's race or nationality.

Second, there have been plenty of teams at the high school and college level that have changed their nickname to a less offensive nickname. St John's University is just one example when they changed their nickname from the Red Men, to the Red Storm.

Just change it!
                        You should buy your own team, and name it whatever you want! You can call it the Progressives.

Comment

You should buy your own team, and name it whatever you want! You can call it the Progressives.

I wish I could, and if I was able to, I wouldn't have the arrogant stance that Snyder has!
                          sigpic

Comment

I wish I could, and if I was able to, I wouldn't have the arrogant stance that Snyder has!
                            I wish you well in your future team acquisition.

Comment

I wish you well in your future team acquisition.

Did you see the phrase in my post, "I wish I could, and if I was able to"?

Translation: I won't be anytime soon. lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Did you see the phrase in my post, "I wish I could, and if I was able to"?

Translation: I won't be anytime soon. lol
                                I did, and understood, but think positive.!

Comment

Working...
                                X