In case you did not know vick was the FIRST running quarter back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
    I think he is still faster than all the other QBs. He has an open challenge to all of them for a race and none of them take him up on it. The only guy that took him up on the offer was Shady McCoy last year and Vick beat him.

I don't think NY Jets would sign a QB they intended to be a back up or a stunt for 5 million dollars. They're not even that stupid.

Word was that Chip Kelly was looking at Nick Foles from the jk to be the starter but Mike Vick left no ddoubt by the time pre season was done as to who the number 1 was. I am thinking that there isn't going to be a doubt in regard to Mike Vick being the starter for NY Jets.
    Just because the other QBs haven't taken Vick up on his challenge doesn't mean that they are scared or anything. The other QBs don't have anything to prove to Vick.

Stupid stunts aren't out of the question when it concerns the Jets. And even though the Jets paid Vick $5 million dollars it's only for one year. Plus, the Cowboys signed Orton to a three-year, $10 million dollar deal, $5 million dollars guaranteed, just to be the back-up. And even though Vick left no doubt that he had earned the starting job at the time with the Eagles, Foles left no doubt that he had earned the starting job, which is why they let Vick walk.
    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
      Just because the other QBs haven't taken Vick up on his challenge doesn't mean that they are scared or anything. The other QBs don't have anything to prove to Vick.

Stupid stunts aren't out of the question when it concerns the Jets. And even though the Jets paid Vick $5 million dollars it's only for one year. Plus, the Cowboys signed Orton to a three-year, $10 million dollar deal, $5 million dollars guaranteed, just to be the back-up. And even though Vick left no doubt that he had earned the starting job at the time with the Eagles, Foles left no doubt that he had earned the starting job, which is why they let Vick walk.
      If they have nothing to prove then they shouldn't state that they are the fastest QB in the NFL. I only know that RG III has made this claim and not Colin Kapernick or Cam Newton. We can also look at the 40 times as well as the eye test. It really doesn't matter because the fact the Mike Vick is even in the discussion as the fastest is enough. With the exception of Kapernick, none of the other running QBs arms are on the same level as Mike Vicks.

10 million for 3 years as a backup in Dallas with 5 million up front is a great deal and Kyle Orton will be the backup, nothing more. Geno Smith is neither near the level nor will ever be on the same level as Tony Romo. Orton and Vick's situations are apples and oranges. Orton is getting 10 million over 3 years to back up a QB that makes in excess of 15 million dollars per year wwhile if Mike Vick is getting 5 million to be a backup it is to be a backup of a QB that will make less than 2 million this year. Mike Vick may not be in their long term plans as of yet but rest assured he will be the starter in 2014 for NY Jets.

I'm happy Chip Kelly went with Nick Foles, it caused them to have an early exit from the playoffs.

Comment

If they have nothing to prove then they shouldn't state that they are the fastest QB in the NFL. I only know that RG III has made this claim and not Colin Kapernick or Cam Newton. We can also look at the 40 times as well as the eye test. It really doesn't matter because the fact the Mike Vick is even in the discussion as the fastest is enough. With the exception of Kapernick, none of the other running QBs arms are on the same level as Mike Vicks.

10 million for 3 years as a backup in Dallas with 5 million up front is a great deal and Kyle Orton will be the backup, nothing more. Geno Smith is neither near the level nor will ever be on the same level as Tony Romo. Orton and Vick's situations are apples and oranges. Orton is getting 10 million over 3 years to back up a QB that makes in excess of 15 million dollars per year wwhile if Mike Vick is getting 5 million to be a backup it is to be a backup of a QB that will make less than 2 million this year. Mike Vick may not be in their long term plans as of yet but rest assured he will be the starter in 2014 for NY Jets.

I'm happy Chip Kelly went with Nick Foles, it caused them to have an early exit from the playoffs.
        At this point, which QB is fastest isn't really important. The other QBs like RG3, Colin K and Newton are in the early parts of their careers as starters while Vick is closer to the end of his career as a back-up.

As far as Vick and Geno go, the Jets have more invested in Geno since they drafted him and he's younger, and, at this point, the starting job is probably Geno Smith's to lose since he started playing better down the stretch last season. Now, if Vick outplays Geno during pre-season then Vick should be the starter. But with Vick's injury history, Geno would end up as the starter at some point during the season anyway the same way Foles became the starter after Vick got hurt.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I don't think bright or smart are words ever associated with Mike Vick.

Agreed. Words like evil and sadistic fit right in with Vick.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
            At this point, which QB is fastest isn't really important. The other QBs like RG3, Colin K and Newton are in the early parts of their careers as starters while Vick is closer to the end of his career as a back-up.

As far as Vick and Geno go, the Jets have more invested in Geno since they drafted him and he's younger, and, at this point, the starting job is probably Geno Smith's to lose since he started playing better down the stretch last season. Now, if Vick outplays Geno during pre-season then Vick should be the starter. But with Vick's injury history, Geno would end up as the starter at some point during the season anyway the same way Foles became the starter after Vick got hurt.
            It all depends. If Jets are in contention to make playoffs aand Vick gets hurt for a game or two, Rex will bring him back as starter because IMO I think Rex brought Vick in to have that experienced veteran at QB that he has wanted for so long.

Comment

What Vick had that the other running QBs didn't have was that each and every time he had the ball, everyone on the field was fully aware that the best athlete on the field had the ball in his hands. Anybody that doubts that can just look up the comments some of our guys made after that Eagles comeback in the Meadowlands against us or those of some of the Washington Redskins players after that MNF Game when he put on that display against them.

Mike Vick is a degenerate lowlife but he was and still is a very dangerous football player. If Chip had stayed with Vick instead of Nick Foles last year, Philly would've went deeper in playoffs.
              No.

1. He probably hasn't been the best athlete on the field since high school
              2. I do not count the excuses made by a weak defense that just gave up a nearly insurmountable lead as validation of anything
              3. Vick has never done anything of substance in the playoffs, why believe it would start now? It's doubtful the Eagles would have made the playoffs with Vick lined up at QB.

Comment

Mike Vick is still the fastest QB in the league. The issue is that coaches try to curtail him and get him to run out of bounds and slide. He pulled his hamstring running out of b pounds against us and he would've been back after 3 weeks but Chip Kelly decided to go with Nick Foles and I think that was a mistake on his part because that Chip Kelly offense is tailored to Mike Vicks strengths and I think if he had been kept in there he would've had a big year. Rex is going to take the reigns off him and let him play ball. NY Jets have a decent offensive line and Mike Vick will have time to throw and at this point of his career, he has exhibited that he does have the discipline to know when to run and when to pass. I think the big issue and it's the one Rex will fix is that when Mike runs he will be allowed to run it out and not stop short out of bounds or slide. Unfortunately Rex Ryan now has the veteran QB he's been missing for some time now.

Will Rex Ryan get a tattoo of Mike Vick or Geno Smith to cover Tha Mark Sanchez one?

The Jets may win more games than last year with Vick running around. But they won't make the playoffs (or at best, an early exit) and they won't be a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  The Jets may win more games than last year with Vick running around. But they won't make the playoffs (or at best, an early exit) and they won't be a better team.

I hope "karma" hits the New York Jerks hard, with the signing of Michael Vick.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                    He started it all..According to him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...started-it-all
                    What were guys like Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair, Fran Tarkenton, Doug Flutie doing then...........stealing wallets????
                    This dog killing scumbag shouldn't even be in the league to be in the discussion.....he should have been ****ing banned for life that piece of excrement!!!!
                    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

No.

1. He probably hasn't been the best athlete on the field since high school
                      2. I do not count the excuses made by a weak defense that just gave up a nearly insurmountable lead as validation of anything
                      3. Vick has never done anything of substance in the playoffs, why believe it would start now? It's doubtful the Eagles would have made the playoffs with Vick lined up at QB.
                      I have to disagree with you.

Defenses used to make game plans to stop Mike Vick and they still take him in to account even now when he is the starting QB.

A lot of teams took notice of Mike Vick when he came back because he showed what he is capable of. I think that if Chip Kelly had stuck with him, Philly would've been very hard to beat. I'm glad he didn't stick with Vick.

I think it would be different because I think Mike Vick did learn a lot from Andy Reed and I think he will bring that experience with him to NY Jets.

Maybe Mike Vick will get bit by ten pit bulls and he will be out of NFL.

Comment

I have to disagree with you.

Defenses used to make game plans to stop Mike Vick and they still take him in to account even now when he is the starting QB.

A lot of teams took notice of Mike Vick when he came back because he showed what he is capable of. I think that if Chip Kelly had stuck with him, Philly would've been very hard to beat. I'm glad he didn't stick with Vick.

I think it would be different because I think Mike Vick did learn a lot from Andy Reed and I think he will bring that experience with him to NY Jets.

Maybe Mike Vick will get bit by ten pit bulls and he will be out of NFL.

That's cool, we don't have to agree.

I think Vick enjoyed a period where teams gave him too much credit, game planning against both the run and the pass thus creating opportunities for him. This allowed him to catch defenses by surprise. But once they figured out that they simply needed to contain his running and force him to beat them with his arm, it was over. He's been essentially a journeyman ever since and remains so.

Comment

That's cool, we don't have to agree.

I think Vick enjoyed a period where teams gave him too much credit, game planning against both the run and the pass thus creating opportunities for him. This allowed him to catch defenses by surprise. But once they figured out that they simply needed to contain his running and force him to beat them with his arm, it was over. He's been essentially a journeyman ever since and remains so.
                          I think that defenses figured out to actually force him to run more and not have time to throw. When he has time to throw he picks defenses apart. The last few years in Philly he had an atrocious offensive line and they forced him to have to run left. It seemed that Andy preached to him to run out of bounds or slide and this messed up Vick's game. Defenses also seem hip to blanket his WR and collapse his pocket forcing him to make some poor throws.

Depending what going on with NY Jets, this may be his very last shot at being a starter. If it doesn't happen with NY Jets he will be reduced to a backup role wherever he goes his last few years in the NFL.

Let's just be happy that NY Giants didn't look at this piece of trash as a backup. I would've been very upset if we had even considered signing that degenerate.

Comment

What Vick had that the other running QBs didn't have was that each and every time he had the ball, everyone on the field was fully aware that the best athlete on the field had the ball in his hands. Anybody that doubts that can just look up the comments some of our guys made after that Eagles comeback in the Meadowlands against us or those of some of the Washington Redskins players after that MNF Game when he put on that display against them.

Mike Vick is a degenerate lowlife but he was and still is a very dangerous football player. If Chip had stayed with Vick instead of Nick Foles last year, Philly would've went deeper in playoffs.
                            Vick has been figured out in past few seasons or he has gotten a lot slower. He has been getting clobbered. What used to turn into a huge play for him is now turning into turnovers
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              This dog killing scumbag shouldn't even be in the league to be in the discussion.....he should have been ****ing banned for life that piece of excrement!!!!

I'm in total agreement.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think that defenses figured out to actually force him to run more and not have time to throw. When he has time to throw he picks defenses apart. The last few years in Philly he had an atrocious offensive line and they forced him to have to run left. It seemed that Andy preached to him to run out of bounds or slide and this messed up Vick's game. Defenses also seem hip to blanket his WR and collapse his pocket forcing him to make some poor throws.

Depending what going on with NY Jets, this may be his very last shot at being a starter. If it doesn't happen with NY Jets he will be reduced to a backup role wherever he goes his last few years in the NFL.

Let's just be happy that NY Giants didn't look at this piece of trash as a backup. I would've been very upset if we had even considered signing that degenerate.
                                I strongly disagree. Certainly I've seen occasional games where he has picked defenses apart...mostly crappy defenses. But he's not an accurate passer and I can't recall any significant number of games where his arm was pivotal to his team winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X