X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      he looks happy lol

again, so what? lol like I said, its a desperate attempt by rival fans and some media to try n play the distraction card. wont work in this case

Comment

Maybe McClain will use this as an excuse to 'retire' again.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
          Maybe McClain will use this as an excuse to 'retire' again.
          I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by DrFeelgood View Post
            I certainly don't like vick or what he did but he did do prison time n paid his dues to society.

Not quite.

In September 2007, a Surry County grand jury affirmed two state charges against Michael Vick. One count of unlawfully torturing, and killing dogs, and one of promoting dogfights. Each felony charge could have resulted in a "five-year prison term".

Vick eventually pleaded guilty to one count under a plea deal, and not guilty to the other, and that charge was dropped. Surry County Circuit Judge Samuel Campbell approved the plea agreement, and sentenced Vick to a three-year suspended jail term and probation.

Vick actually went to prison after pleading guilty to a federal conspiracy charge of bankrolling the dog fighting operation. He served 18 months of a 23-month sentence at Leavenworth federal prison.

So, despite the claims by Vick’s supporters that “he has paid for his crimes,” he actually has not!!!

The truth is that Michael Vick has never spent a day in prison for animal cruelty. He merely went to prison for "financial crimes".

When police raided Vick’s house in Surry County in 2007, they found 65 dogs (nearly all pit bulls), a dog-fighting pit, blood-stained carpets, and various equipment commonly used in dog fighting.

One of the items found on Vick’s property was a "rape stand". Which is a device where female dogs are strapped into and restrained, allowing a male dog to breed with her.

According to the federal indictment, when dogs at Vick’s Bad Newz Kennels lost a fight, or failed to perform well in "test matches', they were routinely killed by methods including electrocution, hanging, drowning, and in at least one case by “slamming” the dog’s body onto the concrete floor. In one session in April 2007, at least eight dogs were killed through these methods.

Vick took part in these executions along with his partners Purnell Peace, and Quanis Phillips. The indictment detailed a March 2003 incident, in which a female pit bull who had just lost a match was killed. Vick and Peace decided to kill her by “wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting her.”

The main reason Vick is despised by so many, is that he was never punished, nor will he ever be for brutalizing and killing so many helpless victims!!!
            sigpic

Comment

its kinda like when someone kills someone else...they could potentially get life in prison but only winds up serving a few yrs. that's the justice system for you

Comment

once again, not a distraction for Dallas lol... he is a very low risk deal and whose to say he is even gonna make the team?

all this is, is a desperate attempt by rival fans and some media to try and play this as a distraction when in all reality, it isn't. people are gonna have to reach elsewhere to find a distraction in Dallas.

on the off chance this guy can get his act together, he could be a dangerous player
                Its distracting you from your Romo is more clutch than Eli debate.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

nope

Comment

once again, not a distraction for Dallas lol... he is a very low risk deal and whose to say he is even gonna make the team?

all this is, is a desperate attempt by rival fans and some media to try and play this as a distraction when in all reality, it isn't. people are gonna have to reach elsewhere to find a distraction in Dallas.

on the off chance this guy can get his act together, he could be a dangerous player
                    He has never been a good player in the NFL, much less a dangerous one

Comment

The more I read about Rolando McClain the happier I am that he was already drafted by the time our turn came up because if he were available we would've drafted him.

Comment

I don't understand how Rolando is still in the NFL ? LOSER
                        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                          The more I read about Rolando McClain the happier I am that he was already drafted by the time our turn came up because if he were available we would've drafted him.
                          And you know that how?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            So, just to clear things up:

Resisting arrest and disorderly conduct = fine
                            Knocking out your lady = 2 games
                            Weed = 4 games to a Year

Well played Goodell.

Will Hill should fo just punched his girl and resisted the cops.
                            Drug Offenses Penalties: Collectively bargained and part of the CBA, as agreed to by both the players and owners

Behavioral Offenses Penalties: No collectively baragined penalties. Penalties to be determined by the Commissioner, as agreed to by the players and owners in the CBA.

Granted, I think the NFL dropped the ball on the Rice issue, but let's actually apply some logic and facts when comparing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              Drug Offenses Penalties: Collectively bargained and part of the CBA, as agreed to by both the players and owners

Behavioral Offenses Penalties: No collectively baragined penalties. Penalties to be determined by the Commissioner, as agreed to by the players and owners in the CBA.

Granted, I think the NFL dropped the ball on the Rice issue, but let's actually apply some logic and facts when comparing things.
                              If you think there is any logic to Rice getting 2 games while some one who fails a drug test (which could be a mistake I might add) gets 4 games the first offense, then there is something wrong with your logic. I see what you are trying to get at, but still, it just looks pretty damn bad.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                If you think there is any logic to Rice getting 2 games while some one who fails a drug test (which could be a mistake I might add) gets 4 games the first offense, then there is something wrong with your logic. I see what you are trying to get at, but still, it just looks pretty damn bad.
                                Did I not say that they dropped the ball on Rice?

And yes there is logic to the disparity in the penalties. One set of penalties, the ones dealing with testing positive for drugs, is clearly spelled out in the CBA with set penalties for offense 1, 2, 3, etc... It isn't like he NFL hands down arbritrary punishments for drug offenses. For the behavioral issues, no such rules exist and it is up to Goodell to levy the penalty. As I said, Rice should have gotten a much more significant penalty than he did, but to compare his penalty to drug offenses is asinine as they are governed by completely different rules and guidelines.

Also, first offense for drugs is enrollment in the Drug Program. You don't get a suspension until your second offense. So, for Gordon, it means it's at the very least his 3rd offense, if not 4th.

Comment

Working...
                                X