No announcement yet.

Cowboys Nation of Domination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as Giant's @ Dallas on SNF to start the season?? I am used to it. What's this 5 out of 6 years now?? If they want it as the opener each year because of the ratings draw that is fine but at least rotate it each year back and forth making it a home and home
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Giants do not play a NFCE Rival at Home till week 14. How's that fair?? Also okay a record 4 teams this year coming off their byes and I believe Denver and KC are two of them.

They have them jumping back and forth across the country like jack rabbits not giving them the requested back to back games out on West Coast so they could of stayed out there.

Least amount of rest -22 days of any team with the closest being the Lions at -10. Also 4 of first 7 games are on the Road. Looks like the schedule makers had a beef with the Giant's

But I heard Dallas Schedule was no picnic either
      Yeah they made your schedule about as difficult as they possibly could. But you also get all of the division games to end the season at home.

I get that you would want to get Dallas at home to start the season at a more fair rate, but in all honesty I've always viewed that as an advantage for NY.

Because usually if you play @DAL to open, you get Dallas at home in colder temperatures when your HFA is greater, while the HFA in Dallas isn't seasonal.

I would say our schedule doesn't have the same bad structural breaks, it's probably the most brutal schedule we've had since 2008.

Comment

As far as Giant's @ Dallas on SNF to start the season?? I am used to it. What's this 5 out of 6 years now?? If they want it as the opener each year because of the ratings draw that is fine but at least rotate it each year back and forth making it a home and home

It actually doesn't make sense to me.

They are for sure going to get big ratings for the first (true) SNF game.

So why pull out your biggest ratings draw so early? This would be a better midseason matchup to help a possible ratings lull.

What would have been smarter would have been to feature Oakland in this slot. An exciting young team that we were robbed of truly seeing in the playoffs last year. Let them ride that wave of hype from last year, because there's no guarantee it continues, ya know?

I would have loved to see Oakland-Dallas here. Or, even better, Oakland-New England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
          Yeah they made your schedule about as difficult as they possibly could. But you also get all of the division games to end the season at home.

I get that you would want to get Dallas at home to start the season at a more fair rate, but in all honesty I've always viewed that as an advantage for NY.

Because usually if you play @DAL to open, you get Dallas at home in colder temperatures when your HFA is greater, while the HFA in Dallas isn't seasonal.

I would say our schedule doesn't have the same bad structural breaks, it's probably the most brutal schedule we've had since 2008.
          Yea last 3 of 4 Games to end the Season are NFCE Rival Games. Yes it's an advantage if your still in the race by then. I gotta figure the ton of Road games early, the disadvantage of facing 4 teams that have two weeks to prepare for you ( I think Oakland is another ) and the jet lag of hopping on a plane every other week to go to West Coast will all take its toll on them to where those 3 home games may not matter or they are having to win all 3 just to get a WC or something like that
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

• If the Giants are as good as we think they can be this yr, then I'd say if they can repeat last yr's W-L vs this tough schedule, then they will be a very good & battle tested team entering the dance.

Comment

Yea last 3 of 4 Games to end the Season are NFCE Rival Games. Yes it's an advantage if your still in the race by then. I gotta figure the ton of Road games early, the disadvantage of facing 4 teams that have two weeks to prepare for you ( I think Oakland is another ) and the jet lag of hopping on a plane every other week to go to West Coast will all take its toll on them to where those 3 home games may not matter or they are having to win all 3 just to get a WC or something like that
              That's definitely a possibility. The east to west travel is a big disadvantage that can really take a toll. I just don't think any team from the division will be completely out of it going into December.

I think we both could field better teams and not see the same kind of win totals we did last year. It's just a meat grinder of a schedule, especially since Philly will surely be improved with their FA additions. We haven't even hit the draft yet.

Comment

• Randy Gregory just failed drug test #7.

Comment

• Sounds lie the Cowboys spent a high draft pick on another winner:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/report...50952690.html?

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                    Sounds lie the Cowboys spent a high draft pick on another winner:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/report...50952690.html?
                    Yah the Giants have really kicked that issue.

Comment

• Dallas has done a nice job rolling coverage over Beckham's way. After "The Catch" they have been game planning to stop him and they still couldn't beat us in the regular season last year. Wonder how they are going to deal with Marshall and Engram along with ODB and Shep.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                        Dallas has done a nice job rolling coverage over Beckham's way. After "The Catch" they have been game planning to stop him and they still couldn't beat us in the regular season last year. Wonder how they are going to deal with Marshall and Engram along with ODB and Shep.
                        Probably hoping our run game stinks as usual so they at least don't have to leave can an extra guy in the box and they can at least double be one of them. But with those 4 it will be pivk your poison

I got a feeling Shep will be mostly ignored and will light up any team that does that

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Dallas has done a nice job rolling coverage over Beckham's way. After "The Catch" they have been game planning to stop him and they still couldn't beat us in the regular season last year. Wonder how they are going to deal with Marshall and Engram along with ODB and Shep.
                          There are a lot of question marks surrounding the Dallas defense, so it’s hard to say how they’ll contend.

It largely depends on the impact of the rookies, redshirt sophomores, and the development of the younger guys.

The Defense certainly has more talent than it has had in a while, but it’s a very young group overall that could see a lot of mistakes or growing pains; there are 11 players under 25 that could reasonably play really big roles for us.

The Giants have definitely beefed up their receiving options so it’s not looking good for Dallas right now especially considering a week 1 matchup.

While Brandon Marshall is 33 and past his best days, he’s a great compliment to the smaller shiftier OBJ and SS2™, and he always seems to do well against us.

Engram is kind of an unknown right now. He’ll be a threat in the passing game, but I don’t know how much of an x factor he’ll actually be. What I mean by that is: when he comes out alongside OBJ, BMarsh, and SS2™, as a defense I can most likely just treat this as 4 wide. Because while he’s a very athletic guy for a TE, he’s really more of a big receiver than a hybrid like Vernon Davis. Nonethless, defending that 4 wide would still project to be difficult.

Reese has done a pretty good job of putting a team together the last couple of years, so it’ll be interesting to see how these last few years of Eli vs the first few years of Dak play out.
                          Last edited by Ntegrase96; 05-17-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                            There are a lot of question marks surrounding the Dallas defense, so itís hard to say how theyíll contend.

It largely depends on the impact of the rookies, redshirt sophomores, and the development of the younger guys.

The Defense certainly has more talent than it has had in a while, but itís a very young group overall that could see a lot of mistakes or growing pains; there are 11 players under 25 that could reasonably play really big roles for us.

The Giants have definitely beefed up their receiving options so itís not looking good for Dallas right now especially considering a week 1 matchup.

While Brandon Marshall is 33 and past his best days, heís a great compliment to the smaller shiftier OBJ and SS2ô, and he always seems to do well against us.

Engram is kind of an unknown right now. Heíll be a threat in the passing game, but I donít know how much of an x factor heíll actually be. What I mean by that is: when he comes out alongside OBJ, BMarsh, and SS2ô, as a defense I can most likely just treat this as 4 wide. Because while heís a very athletic guy for a TE, heís really more of a big receiver than a hybrid like Vernon Davis. Nonethless, defending that 4 wide would still project to be difficult.

Reese has done a pretty good job of putting a team together the last couple of years, so itíll be interesting to see how these last few years of Eli vs the first few years of Dak play out.
                            You're underselling proven commodity, Marshall and elevating unproven players by saying that they are young.

Using this logic I can say that our oline takes a huge step forward because flowers and hart are still under 24.

Marshall will be 33 but he had no problems abusing Sherman. Marshall is going to have a monster year.

Comment

You're underselling proven commodity, Marshall and elevating unproven players by saying that they are young.

Using this logic I can say that our oline takes a huge step forward because flowers and hart are still under 24.

Marshall will be 33 but he had no problems abusing Sherman. Marshall is going to have a monster year.
                              But that's not really what I'm saying...

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

There are a lot of question marks surrounding the Dallas defense, so itís hard to say how theyíll contend....

...The Defense certainly has more talent than it has had in a while, but itís a very young group overall that could see a lot of mistakes or growing pains..

...While Brandon Marshall is 33 and past his best days, heís a great compliment to the smaller shiftier OBJ and SS2ô, and he always seems to do well against us.
                              Brandon Marshall's best days are behind him, and I don't think that's underselling him because it's just a fact; He would be playing for $10+ mil if they weren't. But I still think he's going to be effective and in the role of a #2, he's gotta be pretty high up there in NFL rank.

Comment

the giants taking a used up marshall is no big threat. and lets not forget the giants still have that poor ol eli, lol. you know, the interception master.
                                Last edited by J.R.Ewing; 05-18-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X