Cowboys Nation of Domination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    But that's not really what I'm saying...

Brandon Marshall's best days are behind him, and I don't think that's underselling him because it's just a fact; He would be playing for $10+ mil if they weren't. But I still think he's going to be effective and in the role of a #2, he's gotta be pretty high up there in NFL rank.
    We needed Tall and now we have 2 6'3" guys in Marshall and Engram. They might be old and young, but they're still tall and will have to be accounted for. I can't wait seems like a huge upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Probably hoping our run game stinks as usual so they at least don't have to leave can an extra guy in the box and they can at least double be one of them. But with those 4 it will be pivk your poison

I got a feeling Shep will be mostly ignored and will light up any team that does that
      I hope they don't just decide Engram is a WR and he out-dates the Sterling Shepard pick by resulting in Shepard being benched in favor of him.
      Almost what Cruz did to Jernigan, although we had Cruz before we drafted Jernigan, so that pick made no sense to begin with.
      I can't help but feel that Shepard was a desperate pick, I don't believe you take a WR who is under 6' unless you have no choice, so I don't think if these drafts went in reverse order that we would have taken Shepard still. I hope you're right though and he is used and takes advantage of his opportunities he's given.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.R.Ewing View Post
        the giants taking a used up marshall is no big threat. and lets not forget the giants still have that poor ol eli, lol. you know, the interception master.
        In the same time frame Eli has played. Dallas has had 12 different starting QBs and 2 playoff wins. You should be proud.
        Last edited by TEM; 05-20-2017, 10:22 PM.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

the giants taking a used up marshall is no big threat. and lets not forget the giants still have that poor ol eli, lol. you know, the interception master.
          you mean that poor 2 time super bowl champion, super bowl mvp Eli? that guy? there hasn't been a cowboys QB in 20 years that could hold his jock, including prescott. hey are mcclain or gregory playing this year? and how about romo and prescott,,you know,,the choke when it's on the line masters? love fans of teams who haven't won **** in years running their yap,,keep it coming!

Comment

That interception master owns your team in big games. Remind me again how long it's been since the Boys won a playoff game? Or were even in the playoffs?

Comment

Hard to throw with those 2 rings on his fingers...

Damn, I should have read the posts after yours. lol. Giants fans like talking championships when other teams fans bash Eli.

I'll be 100% honest with you, I could see Dak struggling this season. Year 2, sophomore struggles, ect. That running game should still be a beast for the boys however.
              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-21-2017, 12:00 PM.
              Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                That interception master owns your team in big games. Remind me again how long it's been since the Boys won a playoff game? Or were even in the playoffs?
                Well that would be last year for the playoffs losing in Round 1 on that crazy throw and catch near the sideline in the Roll out by Rogers on 4th Down.

As far as winning a playoff game I think that was 2014? They win a playoff game when they got the favorable call vs Lions then lost in 2nd round 26-21 to GB again on the Dez no catch call

But I get your point they have been irrelevant for a long time playoff wise. They had what three straight years with the last game of year being a win and in all or nothing game and lost all of them to all three NFCE Rivals. Not Romo's best by far and I think they had like three straight years with 8-8 records and who can forget the bobbled snap on FG vs Seattle lol
                Last edited by miked1958; 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM.
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Although Giants fans can't talk being out of playoffs 4 yeArs in row I think before finally making it last year in that debacle against GB last year

Could of been up 17 or even 24-3 if Shepard or Odell could catch then get blown out in 2nd half. So past 4/5 years have been dismal
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

• So the Boys gain about 14M in Cap Space on the post June 1 Cut of Romo being Official and being able to spread the dead money Cap hit over two seasons. Adding that 14M puts them a Tad over 20M in Cap space as of now

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

• Oh here's the link

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowb...-room-to-spare

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        Although Giants fans can't talk being out of playoffs 4 yeArs in row I think before finally making it last year in that debacle against GB last year

Could of been up 17 or even 24-3 if Shepard or Odell could catch then get blown out in 2nd half. So past 4/5 years have been dismal
                        You can't do the "could of" thing in a smack talk thread - unless you want to sound like one of "them".

Comment

• And, the Webster's definition of Domination is

I'll use Dominate.
                          1. Have Control over
                          2. Rise High above
                          Basically means winning championships. Last Rodeo Gloryholer win was Jan 28 1996.
                          Now let's be real here.
                          Today is June 4 2017. That means in over 21 seasons. No Rodeo Gloryholer has even been in a Super Bowl game.
                          The New Jersey Giants have been to 3 in the same time frame, and won 2
                          The Philadelphia Eagles have been to 1 but lost it to the Patriots.
                          The Arlington Rodeo Gloryholers, and Landover Bigots ain't been to a single one.
                          2 way tie for dead last.
                          New Jersey Giants have been the best.
                          Philadelphia Eagles have at least been to 1.
                          Those Gloryholer titles can now all buy a beer, pack of smokes, and do all the things that adults over 21 can do.
                          Bill Clinton was still in his first term as president, and Monica Lewinski still had yet to become famous

Now let's look at the hip things of 1996.

DVD's had just hit the Market. The Playstation 1 was just about to hit the market. Microsoft had yet to even begin developing the X-Box.
                          Braveheart was the Best Picture
                          Gallon of gas was $1.10
                          Postage Stamps were 32 cents
                          Streets of Philadelphia was the song of the year.
                          The Sega Saturn was the Sega top system
                          Nintendo was about to release the Nintendo 64 in a few months. That meant that the SNES was still the top of the line Nintendo system when the Gloryholers last did anything in the playoffs worth bragging about.
                          And, if you look at domination by season. 17-0 by the 1972 Miami Dolphins was far and away the most impressive 1 year run. And the Dolphins repeated the next year.
                          If you look at dynasties by Decade. Oh wait that 90's Gloryholer run falls so far short of the mark of domination. The Steelers of the 70's won 4 Super Bowls. The 49ers of the 80's also won 4 super bowls. The Packers of the 60's is the Benchmark. They won 5 championships in 7 seasons. News flash the NFL has had a championship game since 1933. Not 1970. Because the Super Bowl is the NFL Championship game. Oh yeah, The Giants have won 8 championships. Which happens to be 3 more than the Gloryholers did.
                          In short nothing "Dynastic" about Jerrah's Rodeo Gloryholers. Except for inventing new ways to choke in big games.
                          1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Hard to throw with those 2 rings on his fingers...

Damn, I should have read the posts after yours. lol. Giants fans like talking championships when other teams fans bash Eli.

I'll be 100% honest with you, I could see Dak struggling this season. Year 2, sophomore struggles, ect. That running game should still be a beast for the boys however.
                            as long as that running game is going good, Dak should be just fine again but I agree that the sophomore struggles could come. I was really bothered by his accuracy in throwing in the pro bowl

Comment

A 'used up' Brandon Marshall is better than any of the WRs the Cowboys have with the exception of Dez. And 'interception master' Eli has helped the Giants win more playoff games than fragile Romo and Dax Prescott combined.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                                A 'used up' Brandon Marshall is better than any of the WRs the Cowboys have with the exception of Dez. And 'interception master' Eli has helped the Giants win more playoff games than fragile Romo and Dax Prescott combined.
                                He thinks that things that happened 21 years ago are better than things that have happened since. Have the Giants owners every had a press conference where they basically admit they are qweer as a 3 dollar bill. No they haven't. Yet Jerrah Jones admitted that he wants some glory hole. Not much gayer than that. And, you forgot Romo's most important role the last 2 years. serving as #1 provider of giving Jerrah gloryhole service.
                                And, those WR's that Brandon Marshall is being compared to. Most are glorified jokes. Only Beasly, and Dez are really worth a darn. And, that last Gloryholer playoff win. Jerrah bought that by providing the Refs strippers on his personal party bus. Let's wait. He'll again try to deny what a catch actually is.
                                1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X