My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

[quote user="Cruz80"]I will repeat this. I am a Giants fan that's lived in the bay my whole life. I was at the 2002 game, and every game at SF for the past 20 years.

This type of stuff can happen at any stadium, I wouldn't worry about too much at all. I will be there with my Giants gear on.
    [/quote]</P>

If you've been going to Niner games as long as you claim then you can not honestly deny that, as I stated earlier, there IS a thug element becoming more and more prevalent at Candlestick. As with Dodger Stadium, it's mostly Hispanic 20-somethings who are causing the problems. Of course with SanFrancisco's standing as aSanctuary City, there is absolutely zero chance the 49ers, SF politicians, or SFPD would evendare broach this topic, let alone try to do something about it. I am hopeful the move toSanta Clara will bring about the very-much-desired byproduct of gentrification of the game-attending 49er Faithful.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Delvin_24"]

[quote user="Cruz80"]I will repeat this. I am a Giants fan that's lived in the bay my whole life. I was at the 2002 game, and every game at SF for the past 20 years.

This type of stuff can happen at any stadium, I wouldn't worry about too much at all. I will be there with my Giants gear on.
      [/quote]</P>

If you've been going to Niner games as long as you claim then you can not honestly deny that, as I stated earlier, there IS a thug element becoming more and more prevalent at Candlestick. As with Dodger Stadium, it's mostly Hispanic 20-somethings who are causing the problems. Of course with SanFrancisco's standing as aSanctuary City, there is absolutely zero chance the 49ers, SF politicians, or SFPD would evendare broach this topic, let alone try to do something about it. I am hopeful the move toSanta Clara will bring about the very-much-desired byproduct of gentrification of the game-attending 49er Faithful.</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

I'm on the fence with this one. Part of what you're saying is true, but again we cannot group an entire race based on what a few drunken ******s do. I'm sure most of the Spanish kids are not there looking for fights and violence. It's the drunken ******s that get out of control at times. But you are right, a lot of the thugs there are Mexican people (i've met some really nice ones, also).</P>

Comment

Really? Over on 49ers.com, where mutliple times I've been "rejected" from joining, the majority of people are suggesting or outright saying the OP Saints fan story is BS. While I do believe there could be some embellishment, I absolutely believe they were harassed beyond what normal, civilized people would consider "good-natured" banter with opposing fans. </P>

I'm especially sickened by the responses from someone called USMC49er...as a former jarhead, I am disgusted that a fellow teufelhunden (look it up) would have the attitude he expresses on this subject.</P>

Comment

Stay classy, San Francisco. What a ***hole. When birds fly over San Francisco, they fly upside down, because that dump isnt even worth ****ting on.

Comment

Who the hell is trying to "group an entire race"? I'm just stating the cold, hard, fact, that the meeker/older/quiter/wealthier/whiter 'Stick fan base is being replaced in good part by young Hispanic thugs. Go check out some of the huge tailgate parties, out in the dirt lots and also stadium lot...tell me what I am saying isn't true. And of course there are some "nice ones", but please, that's just putting lipstick on a pig. I'll reiterate, it's still not as bad as I've encountered at other stadiums...Oakland, Philly (Eagles AND Phils), and Dodger Stadium are worse. But the 'Stick sure as hell ain't getting better...it's getting worse. And if it weren't for the fact I'm holding out hope for the new stadium, I would give up my season tickets.

Comment

I agree with you for the most part.

Let me clarify - I haven't been to EVERY SF game for the past 20 years. I have been to every NYG @ SF game for the past 20 years.

The fan base who are "thugs" are mostly mid 20's Hispanics. I just wanted to come on here and say that I wouldn't really be scared to go to a 9ers game wearing my jersey/colors. It's really nowhere near as bad as the OP made it seem. Also as I stated earlier, hopefully this game will see a bit less of those type of fans, because tickets are getting quite pricy.

Comment

[quote user="Delvin_24"]Who the hell is trying to "group an entire race"?* I'm just stating the cold, hard, fact, that the meeker/older/quiter/wealthier/whiter 'Stick fan base is being replaced in good part by young Hispanic thugs.* Go check out some of the huge tailgate parties, out in the dirt lots and also stadium lot...tell me what I am saying isn't true.* And of course there are some "nice ones", but please, that's just putting lipstick on a pig.* I'll reiterate, it's still not as bad as I've encountered at other stadiums...Oakland, Philly (Eagles AND Phils), and Dodger Stadium are worse.* But the 'Stick sure as hell ain't getting better...it's getting worse.* And if it weren't for the fact I'm holding out hope for the new stadium, I would give up my season tickets.[/quote]

Well we are getting a new stadium soon, in a much nicer part of town (where im from) so hopefully people will behave better.

Honestly, you sound very angry about the mere fact that are more Mexicans attending the games now. A bit racist and over the top for me.

Maybe you should learn to get along with everyone despite how they look.

Comment

&gt;&gt;A bit racist and over the top for me&lt;&lt;

Ah yes, there's the typical Bay Area bed-wetter I''ve come to know and loathe from a lifetime here...make an observation or give an opinion that involves race/demographics and instantly they get their cackles up, start the gnashing of teeth, and pull the RACIST card.

&gt;&gt;Maybe you should learn to get along with everyone despite how they look.&lt;&lt;

Hey dip$hi_ t, it's how they ACT, what they DO, not how they look. Although, gotta say, the neck tats...classy.

Comment

Holy smokes, I didn't mean to ignite a firestorm here, I really just wanted to give a heads up to people who are going to the game this weekend. I am not a 'bitter saints fan', as some have said - winning a game becomes a secondary issue when you realize that your girlfriend and mom are in danger. We just wanted to get the hell out of there and never go back.

Everything I said in the original post was true. Every word. I'm sure some had better experiences and some had worse. Prior to going, I searched around for stories on message boards so I could get an idea of what to expect. That is the reason why I detailed my story here, so that anyone who is in the position I was in last week has at least one perspective to consider.

Just search around the internet, our experience isn't unique.

http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...SdiwM.facebook

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. At the very least, the women should not be groped and intimidated. I think as men, as self respecting sports fans, we should at least agree on that, and make that a priority.

Comment

[quote user="Delvin_24"]>>A bit racist and over the top for me<<

Ah yes, there's the typical Bay Area bed-wetter I''ve come to know and loathe from a lifetime here...make an observation or give an opinion that involves race/demographics and instantly they get their cackles up, start the gnashing of teeth, and pull the RACIST card.*

>>Maybe you should learn to get along with everyone despite how they look.<<

Hey dip$hi_ t, it's how they ACT, what they DO, not how they look.* Although, gotta say, the neck tats...classy.
                      [/quote]

ohhh the irony

Comment

If I could afford to go I wouldn't too. I also went in 2002 decked out head to toe in NYG gear and nothing bad happened. But it wasnt the NFC title game. I also went this year and nothing happened. But if some how I can get my hands on some tickets I will be blued out!!! Go GMEN!!

Comment

Apparently, you weren't the only one who had a bad go of it......
                          http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...iganism/?tsp=1

Comment

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Holy smokes, I didn't mean to ignite a firestorm here, I really just wanted to give a heads up to people who are going to the game this weekend.* I am not a 'bitter saints fan', as some have said - winning a game becomes a secondary issue when you realize that your girlfriend and mom are in danger.** We just wanted to get the hell out of there and never go back.*

Everything I said in the original post was true.* Every word.* I'm sure some had better experiences and some had worse.* Prior to going, I searched around for stories on message boards so I could get an idea of what to expect.* That is the reason why I detailed my story here, so that anyone who is in the position I was in last week has at least one perspective to consider.*

Just search around the internet, our experience isn't unique.

http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...SdiwM.facebook

There has to be a line drawn somewhere.* At the very least, the women should not be groped and intimidated.** I think as men, as self respecting sports fans, we should at least agree on that, and make that a priority.*
                            [/quote]

bitter and salty Saints fans

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f63/i...nation-221409/

I do not believe anything that come out of them.

Get over it! That game is already HISTORY!

Comment

I thought san francisco was full of gays.

Wouldn't they be drinking strawberry daiquiris instead of going to football games?

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Apparently, you weren't the only one who had a bad go of it......
                                http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...iganism/?tsp=1[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkOP0QqeRR4
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TgMDY_ZEas
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPnvGKbfkQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY1IWGht36g

trash in every stadium, man.

your city isn't any better

let it go

Comment

Working...
                                X