Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

[quote user="BParcells777"]Cops are bad in CA
    I got pulled over with 3 biz associates and they took one guy in the woods to do sobriety testing
    you could tell they were looking for a reason to beat us up when they found out we were from NY
    They called all there buddies (about 8 cops) ......told my friend Bob in the front seat to shut his mouth "you jew *******"
    dont mess with them
    [/quote]

I have to call BS on this....where did it occur?

Comment

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Weygand"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Woman and childeren should be spared. This is amongst men.[/quote]

Heh...haven't been to any games at Oakland Coliseum, eh?[/quote]Is it really that bad? I won't go to the Vet because Eagle fans are too low on the food chain to allow fans of the competing team enjoy a game.[/quote]

I could tell you a story that I know to be true from a Steelers fan who went to Oaktown and was berated by foul mouthed old women who are raider fans. And I mean shocking profanity....the kind most of us would get a laugh out of if we weren't so stunned by who was doing the screaming.

The most fights at all these games, and, I imagine at Giants Stadium II, take place during the tailgaiting and after game partying.

But as far as being physically threatened like the OP, yeah it's pretty bad now compared to what it used to be, but these guys are also cowards. If it was 3 dudes, no one will do ****. A guy and vulnerable old women or whatever...then the cowards all pipe up because he can't fight 10 dudes. But honestly, unless you're talking a lot of trash, 9er fans will report other 9er fans for threats, throwing beer and whatnot. Fun's fun but there's a limit.[/quote]I understand the guy's getting a little too tanked up and stuff happening on ocassion. IF you mix alcohol with anything that is always a possible outcome. However, Fondling women? I have never heard of at a game. That's criminal. If a bunch of low-life, no life idiots idea of fun is to go to a football game and do that, they are dealing with much deeper issues.

Comment

[quote user="the empire"]How does it make me sound ridiculous or seem in educated if I say I never seen families and kids harassed? I've been going to niner games for 25 years and never seen it and a saint fan goes to 1 and says these things happen so obviously I'm the wrong one. And yeah I said grow a pair.didn't realize you have to be a "thug" to stand up to someone violating your woman or mom. Obviously they don't make men like they used to[/quote]</P>

If you say that you never saw it, I believe you. However, there's a whole slew of NO fans on their boards all saying the same thing. The link to their board is in this thread somewhere.</P>

Shouldn't have to get to the point of standing up for anyone because it should never get that far to begin with. It's just a game.</P>

Comment

[quote user="the empire"] i have never been to other stadiums wearing my niner gear with just my girlfriend and never intervened in disrespect of her because my army of thousands of niner fans werent there to back me up[/quote]

I'm sure you haven't...

Comment

i like how most people quote my opening statement to make their point more "valid" when obviously i was feeding into the abundance of stereotypes on here. i guess thats far fetched because if your are hispanic with tattoos than you must be bad news.
            kids and families are off limits,never seen it in 25 years of attending games and being a kid at a bunch of them. i also would hope a MAN stands up for there loved ones if they are getting harrassed even at farmers market. so yes grow a pair,a backbone and do what a mans supposed to do...protect

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="the empire"]How does it make me sound ridiculous or seem in educated if I say I never seen families and kids harassed? I've been going to niner games for 25 years and never seen it and a saint fan goes to 1 and says these things happen so obviously I'm the wrong one. And yeah I said grow a pair.didn't realize you have to be a "thug" to stand up to someone violating your woman or mom. Obviously they don't make men like they used to[/quote]</P>

If you say that you never saw it, I believe you.* However, there's a whole slew of NO fans on their boards all saying the same thing.* The link to their board is in this thread somewhere.</P>

Shouldn't have to get to the point of standing up for anyone because it should never get that far to begin with.* It's just a game.</P>[/quote]

it should never get to that point but obviously sometimes it does and it can happen anywhere. also its true that just cause i never saw it doesnt mean this guy didnt have a UNIQUE experience but i highly doubt men in general not just niner fans would stand by and allow that to happen if they were witnessing it. it is also hard to belive there are a slew of no fans with similar experiences since the most i saw at the game i can count on one hand,definitly not a slew. for all i know they are just carrying on the hype from the wildfire started somewhere like guess what i heard

Comment

[quote user="the empire"]i like how most people quote my opening statement to make their point more "valid" when obviously i was feeding into the abundance of stereotypes on here. i guess thats far fetched because if your are hispanic with tattoos than you must be bad news.
                kids and families are off limits,never seen it in 25 years of attending games and being a kid at a bunch of them. i also would hope a MAN stands up for there loved ones if they are getting harrassed even at farmers market. so yes grow a pair,a backbone and do what a mans supposed to do...protect[/quote]lol Because you came in here and ripped the opening post as if what he experienced was impossible, called this place a cesspool. You shot off at the hip and lost all credibility. If you came in here and just stated that second paragraph that Im quoting, it would of been much different.

Its easy to say "as a man im going to knock anyone out that disrespects my family", I like to think I would do the same, but when you're surrounded by 20 opposing fans, its a totally different situation.

Comment

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"][quote user="NinerfanNY"]This thread is a joke from multiple sides. It is a joke that 49er fans would treat anybody so badly. But the responses are also a joke.

I lived in NY for years, coming from CA. To say that people in SF are trashy and low class is complete bull****. I loved NY to death.... I still do. But....I saw an old man fall down in the street and not one person stop to help him. I had to run across traffic to come to his aid. I used to work at the ESPN Zone. I saw a Giants fan break a mug over a guys head and took off half his ear. Not to mention countless other altercations. I saw a mugging and chased down the guy who stole the woman's purse. And yes... at a Giants game a couple seasons ago, my friend was there (Eagles fan) and his buddy got punched in the face. I have plenty of friends, and only a couple who are actual 49er fans,
                  who have gone to the Bay Area for football and baseball games and have
                  had nothing but great things to say about the city and the people at the
                  games.

After all of these things I still don't judge the entire state of NY from some bad **** I saw. No way... I LOVE NY still. Give me a break. You guys sound like a bunch of ignorant kids. What happened to the Saints fans is bull**** and I would not have watched it happen, being a 49er fan. But to judge an entire state off the actions of few is a joke. Get off of your high horses.

[/quote]
                  Umm interesting. Most of the comments are telling NOLA that we are sorry to hear of his/family treatment. Your point about there are always bad apples and citing NY examples you witnessed misses the mark completely.

The point of the OP was to be on guard if you are going SF for the game. If what he said is spot on one should be very catious. The west coast sport venues have generated some of the worst fan treatment storys in recen years, i.e. LA Dodger fans put in coma, SF-Oak cancelling yearly exhibtions game.

You missed the whole point Bro and this has nothing to do with NY .[/quote]

Actually, "bro" you missed the point of my post. It had nothing to do
                  with the OP, or the people saying they were sorry to hear about his
                  experience. I was talking about the people who responded by saying how
                  ****ty SF and the state of CA are, judging by the actions of few. So I
                  stated examples of how I could do the same to NY because of my own first hand encounters, but didn't because
                  that's ignorant to judge an entire city from a few bad apples. It has everything to do with NY when people from NY are the ones acting like their fanbase and city are perfect.

Comment

[quote user="DVision"][quote user="NinerfanNY"]This thread is a joke from multiple sides. It is a joke that 49er fans would treat anybody so badly. But the responses are also a joke.

I lived in NY for years, coming from CA. To say that people in SF are trashy and low class is complete bull****. I loved NY to death.... I still do. But....I saw an old man fall down in the street and not one person stop to help him. I had to run across traffic to come to his aid. I used to work at the ESPN Zone. I saw a Giants fan break a mug over a guys head and took off half his ear. Not to mention countless other altercations. I saw a mugging and chased down the guy who stole the woman's purse. And yes... at a Giants game a couple seasons ago, my friend was there (Eagles fan) and his buddy got punched in the face. I have plenty of friends, and only a couple who are actual 49er fans,
                    who have gone to the Bay Area for football and baseball games and have
                    had nothing but great things to say about the city and the people at the
                    games.

After all of these things I still don't judge the entire state of NY from some bad **** I saw. No way... I LOVE NY still. Give me a break. You guys sound like a bunch of ignorant kids. What happened to the Saints fans is bull**** and I would not have watched it happen, being a 49er fan. But to judge an entire state off the actions of few is a joke. Get off of your high horses.

[/quote]

Isn't this thread about something that happened to the OP at the stadium? Not street muggings and bar fights![/quote]

It's talking about fan base, and the city. Which some people on this board decided to bring up because of an incident at a game.

Comment

[quote user="bigbluegmenfan"]NOLAfan..thank you. I think it would be crazy for you to come here and make up a story like that. More so after what happened there during the OAK-SF preseason game. I was actually thinking of cashing in some freq flier miles and taking my 8 year old son.

Thanks again..

PS..I would also send the same letter to the NFL and SF 49ers if you havent already.[/quote]

People need to get their facts right. If you look closely at the fights they were between Niner fans themselves. The people shot were between Raider fans OUTSIDE of candlestick, almost a mile away.

Basically everything WAS gang related, and this ONLY ever happens on the pre-season battle of the bay. This has nothing to do w/ football and had everything to do w/ the local gangs.

And despite what others may think, gangs aren't going to really bother with you at a football game, unless ur asking for trouble, and again that's your problem.

Comment

We've lost focus on the issue at hand here which is:

Is the op telling the truth or is he full of it.

discuss.
                        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I understand the guy's getting a little too tanked up and stuff happening on ocassion. IF you mix alcohol with anything that is always a possible outcome. However, Fondling women? I have never heard of at a game. That's criminal. If a bunch of low-life, no life idiots idea of fun is to go to a football game and do that, they are dealing with much deeper issues.[/quote]

You're right about that....I meant the women and children most definitely get involved in the un-civil behavior. I have never seen any sort of felonious behavior along the lines of women being sexually assaulted in the 30+ years I have been attending sporting events in the gray area. It's more about assaults and actual battery.

And you're absolutely right about low life idiots with nothing to live for...they're at every stadium

Comment

[quote user="the empire"]How does it make me sound ridiculous or <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>seem in educated</FONT> if I say I never seen families and kids harassed? I've been going to niner games for 25 years and never seen it and a saint fan goes to 1 and says these things happen so obviously I'm the wrong one. And yeah I said grow a pair.didn't realize you have to be a "thug" to stand up to someone violating your woman or mom. Obviously they don't make men like they used to[/quote] Well lets start with grammer 101!!! Hmmmm? You really need to get a life empire and stop spending your welfare check at the internet cafe.
                            "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

[quote user="ratchoke"][quote user="bigbluegmenfan"]NOLAfan..thank you. I think it would be crazy for you to come here and make up a story like that. More so after what happened there during the OAK-SF preseason game. I was actually thinking of cashing in some freq flier miles and taking my 8 year old son.

Thanks again..

PS..I would also send the same letter to the NFL and SF 49ers if you havent already.[/quote]

People need to get their facts right. If you look closely at the fights they were between Niner fans themselves. The people shot were between Raider fans OUTSIDE of candlestick, almost a mile away.

Basically everything WAS gang related, and this ONLY ever happens on the pre-season battle of the bay. This has nothing to do w/ football and had everything to do w/ the local gangs.

And despite what others may think, gangs aren't going to really bother with you at a football game, unless ur asking for trouble, and again that's your problem.[/quote]

Oh ok, thanks for your reassurance that armed, violent gang members at a sporting event won't be a problem. I'll be sure to bring my kids and grandmother next time.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="the empire"]i like how most people quote my opening statement to make their point more "valid" when obviously i was feeding into the abundance of stereotypes on here. i guess thats far fetched because if your are hispanic with tattoos than you must be bad news.
                                kids and families are off limits,never seen it in 25 years of attending games and being a kid at a bunch of them. i also would hope a MAN stands up for there loved ones if they are getting harrassed even at farmers market. so yes grow a pair,a backbone and do what a mans supposed to do...protect[/quote]lol Because you came in here and ripped the opening post as if what he experienced was impossible, called this place a cesspool. You shot off at the hip and lost all credibility. If you came in here and just stated that second paragraph that Im quoting, it would of been much different.

Its easy to say "as a man im going to knock anyone out that disrespects my family", I like to think I would do the same, but when you're surrounded by 20 opposing fans, its a totally different situation.[/quote]

well i guess thats my bad for not being able to ignore the ignorance and stereotypes in the 10 plus pages of posts before mine. being a niner fan it was a catch 22 regardless for me if i posted in this forumn. so i decided to throw darts anyways

Comment

Working...
                                X