My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

im going to the game. and will be decked out in giants gear. I will do my best not to get in a fight. Going to have to swallow my pride.

I've been to numerous Niners games and it really hasnt been bad. I went to the game in 2002. None of this happened to me.

Wish me luck guys. Going to represent BIG BLUE NATION to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've been living here all my life. It's not a dump. It has dumpy areas and amazing areas... you may have to take more than a weeks vacation to see what there is. Niner fans are from all over, not just Daly City (Candlestick). They're from Half Moon Bay (Mavericks), San Jose, Santa Cruz (Eddie Vedder wrote a song about it), Palo Alto (Stanford), Mill Valley, Tiburon. And the city itself is full of great spots, like the Embarcadero or Noe Valley. We have the Fillmore, the Castro, host the Bridge School concert in Mountain View... That is Northern California and those are the Niner fans. Talk to a local. Choose your spots and don't get lost, and that goes I think for most cities.

Comment

hopefully the minimum $300 tickets will drive away those morons.

Comment

[quote user="nomad1"]I've been living here all my life. It's not a dump. It has dumpy areas and amazing areas... you may have to take more than a weeks vacation to see what there is. Niner fans are from all over, not just Daly City (Candlestick). They're from Half Moon Bay (Mavericks), San Jose, Santa Cruz (Eddie Vedder wrote a song about it), Palo Alto (Stanford), Mill Valley, Tiburon. And the city itself is full of great spots, like the Embarcadero or Noe Valley. We have the Fillmore, the Castro, host the Bridge School concert in Mountain View... That is Northern California and those are the Niner fans. Talk to a local. Choose your spots and don't get lost, and that goes I think for most cities.
          [/quote]</P>

Hey, my home of NJ has the unfair reputation of being a dump...maybe it's time that it share that rep with California. </P>

Comment

Something to be proud to hear for all Giant fans. Found this on packerforum.com

I will say this. I was at the giants - packers game in NY this year and I was HIGHLY impressed with the class of their fans. Not once did someone give me crap or say anything derogatory. EVERY TEAM has fans who are going to act like a-holes (Some more than others...cough: Eagles etc.) just got to ignore them and respond and be kind to the ones who respect our team.

Packer Fan FOR LIFE!

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="nomad1"]I've been living here all my life. It's not a dump. It has dumpy areas and amazing areas... you may have to take more than a weeks vacation to see what there is. Niner fans are from all over, not just Daly City (Candlestick). They're from Half Moon Bay (Mavericks), San Jose, Santa Cruz (Eddie Vedder wrote a song about it), Palo Alto (Stanford), Mill Valley, Tiburon. And the city itself is full of great spots, like the Embarcadero or Noe Valley. We have the Fillmore, the Castro, host the Bridge School concert in Mountain View... That is Northern California and those are the Niner fans. Talk to a local. Choose your spots and don't get lost, and that goes I think for most cities.
              [/quote]</p>

Hey, my home of NJ has the unfair reputation of being a dump...maybe it's time that it share that rep with California. </p>[/quote]

Usually people calling a place a dump don't live there... And you guys have Jay and Silent Bob's secret stash! Now how can any place be criticized with a comic store that cool?!

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="esbias"]Cool story bro. Proof? maybe some pics of you there? This story is such B.S. I'm sensing a bitter saints fan trying to make SF look bad. You giants fans seriously believe someone would TAKE OUT THEIR GENITALS and wave them at an elderly woman? That won't even happen in Philly. And Usher laughed and said to leave before u get stabbed? LOL. Get the fck lost troll. Get over the loss already you aint fan.[/quote]</p>

Go on the Saints boards -- they're are similar complaints being made as this guy. I was wondering if he were actually a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans (which there are plenty of in California) from going to the game. But other Saints fans were saying the same exact thing on their boards.</p>

Sounds like you got dirt-bag fans that Harbough is praising to the sky.</p>[/quote]
                Most 49er fans are *****y gay guys. SF is basically just a giant version of Greenwich village. Just punch em in the face and they'll go crying to their boyfriends and Nancy Pelosi[/quote]

LOL

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

&gt;&gt;Most 49er fans are *****y gay guys. SF is basically just a giant version of Greenwich village. Just punch em in the face and they'll go crying to their boyfriends and Nancy Pelosi&lt;&lt;</P>

Niner Fan and Bay Area (East Bay) resident here...about the above, sorta funny, but, um, not true. Unfortunately the media has done a wonderful job of convincing a bunch of morons (such as author of above) that CA is basically LA/Hollywood and SF. </P>

Damn straight we've got more than our share of whacked hippies, thugs, illegal aliens, far-left Berkeley types, and just garden-variety weirdos. But from (far) Northern Cal, down through the San Joaquin Valley and to military-heavy San Diego County, there is a large swath of hard-working, high-tax-paying, NORMAL people. Granted, though, that base is shrinking as this state slips further into the abyss.</P>

As for the story of this Saints fan, I sorta believe it. I'm a longtime 49er STH, and at one time the stereotype of the wine &amp; cheese 49er crowd was ABSOLUTELY TRUE. Sure some of these people could be elitist-types and a pain in the ***, but most were just good people who made 49er games fun and about the most non-threatening sporting events you could ever attend. </P>

BUT, that has changed over the past 10-or-so years. The fan base is getting younger and thuggier. The crowds are still NOTHING compared to Raider games, but the flatbill-hat a-holes who say "bro" a lot are more &amp; more prevalent. Like the Raiders, I think a lot of these fools are lower down the socioeconomic ladder, so they take that game ticket as their right, their ENTITLEMENT, to act like total jackasses. And call 'em like I see 'em, but just as with Dodger Stadium, not exclusively but MOSTLY these punks are Latino, Hispanic, or whatever is the PC term de jour. They like to tailgate in big groups, give you the "I'm a badass" glare, and do their cute little gangsta/thug hand gesture, primarily the universal arms outstretched to side, fingers pointing back in toward their body, you know, the "You want a piece of me"gesture. </P>

However, with all that said, thankfully these d-bags are still the "minority" (no pun intended) at Candlestick. No doubt someone could easily end up being in a section full of losers, but it's just not happening all over the entire stadium.</P>

Comment

I believe that. Not trying to be funny but what percentage of gay guys like football? I doubt it is very high.

Comment

[quote user="Delvin_24"]

>>Most 49er fans are *****y gay guys. SF is basically just a giant version of Greenwich village. Just punch em in the face and they'll go crying to their boyfriends and Nancy Pelosi<<</P>

Niner Fan and Bay Area (East Bay) resident here...about the above, sorta funny, but, um, not true.* Unfortunately the media has done a wonderful job of convincing a bunch of morons (such as author of above) that CA is basically LA/Hollywood and SF.* </P>

Damn straight we've got more than our share of whacked hippies, thugs, illegal aliens, far-left Berkeley types, and just garden-variety weirdos.* But from (far) Northern Cal, down through the San Joaquin Valley and to military-heavy San Diego County, there is a large swath of hard-working, high-tax-paying, NORMAL people.* Granted, though, that base is shrinking as this state slips further into the abyss.</P>

As for the story of this Saints fan, I sorta believe it.* I'm a longtime 49er STH, and at one time the stereotype of the wine & cheese 49er crowd was ABSOLUTELY TRUE.* Sure some of these people could be elitist-types and a pain in the ***, but most were just good people who made 49er games fun and about the most non-threatening sporting events you could ever attend.* </P>

BUT, that has changed over the past 10-or-so years.* The fan base is getting younger and thuggier.* The crowds are still NOTHING compared to Raider games, but the flatbill-hat a-holes who say "bro" a lot are more & more prevalent.* Like the Raiders, I think a lot of these fools are lower down the socioeconomic ladder, so they take that game ticket as their right, their ENTITLEMENT, to act like total jackasses.* And call 'em like I see 'em, but just as with Dodger Stadium, not exclusively but MOSTLY these punks are Latino, Hispanic, or whatever is the PC term de jour.* They like to tailgate in big groups, give you the "I'm a badass" glare, and do their cute little gangsta/thug hand gesture, primarily the universal arms outstretched to side, fingers pointing back in toward their body, you know, the "You want a piece of me"*gesture.* </P>

However, with all that said, thankfully these d-bags are still the "minority" (no pun intended) at Candlestick.* No doubt someone could easily end up being in a section full of losers, but it's just not happening all over the entire stadium.</P>[/quote]
                      I just posted that for comedic effect. I go to San Fran often. I could go into why the demographics in San Fran have changed specifically, but that would be a huge research thesis (albeit I have written similar ones about cities in the US and abroad). However, the housing market crash, as you know, KILLED san fran. If you aren't a millionaire, you are scrounging for ends meet and there aren't as many millionaire's left in San Fran. lots of tough people up there. But, I would like to say that based on my experience of San Fran, It is the third gayest city as far as prevalence and openness that I've been to after Buenos Aires and Prague. There's a lot of it in NYC and it is becoming more what San Fran was (in Manhattan especially). So New York is in the top 5. So my comment was a stereotypical one to get people to laugh. Hope you learned something with this one though

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="esbias"]Cool story bro. Proof? maybe some pics of you there? This story is such B.S. I'm sensing a bitter saints fan trying to make SF look bad. You giants fans seriously believe someone would TAKE OUT THEIR GENITALS and wave them at an elderly woman? That won't even happen in Philly. And Usher laughed and said to leave before u get stabbed? LOL. Get the fck lost troll. Get over the loss already you aint fan.[/quote]</P>

Go on the Saints boards -- they're are similar complaints being made as this guy.* I was wondering if he were actually a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans (which there are plenty of in California) from going to the game.* But other Saints fans were saying the same exact thing on their boards.</P>

Sounds like you got dirt-bag fans that Harbough is praising to the sky.</P>[/quote]
                        Most 49er fans are *****y gay guys. SF is basically just a giant version of Greenwich village. Just punch em in the face and they'll go crying to their boyfriends and Nancy Pelosi[/quote]

In a thread about fans acting classless this is the response that gets written. Oh the irony....
                        I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="esbias"]Cool story bro. Proof? maybe some pics of you there? This story is such B.S. I'm sensing a bitter saints fan trying to make SF look bad. You giants fans seriously believe someone would TAKE OUT THEIR GENITALS and wave them at an elderly woman? That won't even happen in Philly. And Usher laughed and said to leave before u get stabbed? LOL. Get the fck lost troll. Get over the loss already you aint fan.[/quote]</P>

Go on the Saints boards -- they're are similar complaints being made as this guy.* I was wondering if he were actually a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans (which there are plenty of in California) from going to the game.* But other Saints fans were saying the same exact thing on their boards.</P>

Sounds like you got dirt-bag fans that Harbough is praising to the sky.</P>[/quote]

In a thread about fans acting classless this is the response that gets written. Oh the irony....[/quote]
                          I see the irony. I was just looking for some laughs. Sorry if I offended anyone

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Hello all,
                            I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear.* First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two.* It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team;* I get it.*

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions.* They wanted to fight.* There was no line they wouldn't cross.* There is a huge presence of gangster thugs.* I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments.* Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants.* Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.*
                            -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium.* An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
                            -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
                            -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
                            -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
                            -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
                            -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area.* Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.*

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area.* This is where it was the most hostile.* I was shoved and slapped several times here.* Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. * Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone.* These classless thugs are just that - classless.*

Good luck, and GO NYG!

SF's finest:
                            http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/*

[/quote]</P>

and we should believe you why????
                            </P>

*</P>[/quote]

First, we intentionally injured your players.
                            Then we continued to play dirty through the entire game.
                            Now you weren't treated like you wanted to be.

Grow the hell up already.

Giants fans have been to our Stadium earlier this year.... I didn't see complaints from any other teams..

Weird that the Childish Saints Bandwagon-eers are the ones whining.

Comment

[quote user="nomad1"]I joined just to comment on this post... I was born in SF, live in Silicon Valley and am a lifelong Niner fan. That kind of BS is NOT indicative of Niner fans. Sure, we have our fair share of ne'er do wells, as I think all fan bases for all sports do... But most Niner fans are cordial, kind and decent. It bothers me a little when a group of individuals act like this and then people think, well all Niner fans must be like that, and even worse, the area is like that. It's simply not true. We are really passionate right now, after years of not doing well, after years of watching Saints, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Packers super bowls, and the intensity out here is unlike anything I've seen since the 80s. That's no excuse. But we are not all thugs. Most of us are respectful and decent, and love our team just like the Saints fans love theirs and the Giants fans love theirs. It's a damn shame you had that experience. If you had been sitting next to me, I would have said good luck and given you a cheers. The Saints are a great team and played an awesome game. Please know, those are individuals that acted like that. Human beings with shirts on. They don't represent me, my family, or the Niners.
                              Here's to a great game on Sunday between two great teams - and let's hope that all the mean-hearted ugly BS can be left on the side of the road, and fans can watch this game with mutual respect for their teams and each other.
                              <span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Helvetica; color: gray;"></span>[/quote]

Which is why the only instance of a fan being shot at a NFL game happened in San Fran right?

Comment

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="JJC7301"]

In a thread about fans acting classless this is the response that gets written. Oh the irony....[/quote]

Haha I know right....

Comment

Working...
                                X