My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]This sound suspiciously like a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans from going to the game.[/quote]Yea, so he posted it on a message board that will reach all of 50 PPL, most of which live in NY. I believe him. Do your own research and you will see. He's not joking.
    sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
    You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Youwould have to post something haflway intelligent for me to "learn" something. Sheer brilliance on your part, the whole"millionaire" angle. Good grief. This is what happens when your friends are either stupid or just indulge you...you end up believing your own utter BS. And nice touch with the whole "world traveler" bit. So impressive. </P>

Uh, yeah, we get it, SFhas a bunch of gay people.Such a shocking revelation. And this has what exactly to do with the 49er fan base? Because a member in good standing with MENSA such as yourself would know that, as far as STHs go, most come from the South Bay and East Bay. Why in thecornbread f*** do you think the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara? The Niners would have preferred to stay in SF, but there just isn't the support their for a new stadium...not from the political "elite", nor from the citizenry...both of which, to a certain extent, don't really like sports, ESPECIALLY the barbaric sport of football. </P>

Comment

[quote user="Delvin_24"]

You*would have to post something haflway intelligent for me to "learn" something.* Sheer brilliance on your part, the whole*"millionaire" angle.* Good grief.* This is what happens when your friends are either stupid or just indulge you...you end up believing your own utter BS.* And nice touch with the whole "world traveler" bit.* So impressive.* </P>

Uh, yeah, we get it, SF*has a bunch of gay people.**Such a shocking revelation.* And this has what exactly to do with the 49er fan base?* Because a member in good standing with MENSA such as yourself would know that, as far as STHs go, most come from the South Bay and East Bay.* Why in the*cornbread f*** do you think the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara?* The Niners would have preferred to stay in SF, but there just isn't the support their for a new stadium...not from the political "elite", nor from the citizenry...both of which, to a certain extent, don't really like sports, ESPECIALLY the barbaric sport of football.* </P>[/quote]
        You mad, bro?

Comment

It's ashame if this really happened, though I have a hard time believing that another human would treat an elderly woman that way.

I pray that no one talks that way to some ol' Brooklyn boys mother at the game, because a good ol' fashioned NY style beat down would be on tap.

Comment

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="nomad1"]I joined just to comment on this post...* I was born in SF, live in Silicon Valley and am a lifelong Niner fan. That kind of BS is NOT indicative of Niner fans. Sure, we have our fair share of ne'er do wells, as I think all fan bases for all sports do... But most Niner fans are cordial, kind and decent. It bothers me a little when a group of individuals act like this and then people think, well all Niner fans must be like that, and even worse, the area is like that. It's simply not true. We are really passionate right now, after years of not doing well, after years of watching Saints, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Packers super bowls, and the intensity out here is unlike anything I've seen since the 80s. That's no excuse. But we are not all thugs. Most of us are respectful and decent, and love our team just like the Saints fans love theirs and the Giants fans love theirs. It's a damn shame you had that experience. If you had been sitting next to me, I would have said good luck and given you a cheers. The Saints are a great team and played an awesome game. Please know, those are individuals that acted like that. Human beings with shirts on. They don't represent me, my family, or the Niners.
            Here's to a great game on Sunday between two great teams - and let's hope that all the mean-hearted ugly BS can be left on the side of the road, and fans can watch this game with mutual respect for their teams and each other.
            <span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Helvetica; color: gray;"></span>[/quote]

Which is why the only instance of a fan being shot at a NFL game happened in San Fran right?
            [/quote]

Pretty sure two Niner fans were shot after leaving a bar in New Orleans this week.

This has happened in many sports...
            Not to mention we were playing the Raiders.

So who's to say what actually happened in that encounter.

Raider fans are worse than Eagles fans.

Comment

This thread is a joke from multiple sides. It is a joke that 49er fans would treat anybody so badly. But the responses are also a joke.

I lived in NY for years, coming from CA. To say that people in SF are trashy and low class is complete bull****. I loved NY to death.... I still do. But....I saw an old man fall down in the street and not one person stop to help him. I had to run across traffic to come to his aid. I used to work at the ESPN Zone. I saw a Giants fan break a mug over a guys head and took off half his ear. Not to mention countless other altercations. I saw a mugging and chased down the guy who stole the woman's purse. And yes... at a Giants game a couple seasons ago, my friend was there (Eagles fan) and his buddy got punched in the face. I have plenty of friends, and only a couple who are actual 49er fans,
              who have gone to the Bay Area for football and baseball games and have
              had nothing but great things to say about the city and the people at the
              games.

After all of these things I still don't judge the entire state of NY from some bad **** I saw. No way... I LOVE NY still. Give me a break. You guys sound like a bunch of ignorant kids. What happened to the Saints fans is bull**** and I would not have watched it happen, being a 49er fan. But to judge an entire state off the actions of few is a joke. Get off of your high horses.

Comment

Like nomad I joined so I could comment.

Comment

[quote user="NinerfanNY"]This thread is a joke from multiple sides.* It is a joke that 49er fans would treat anybody so badly.* But the responses are also a joke.

I lived in NY for years, coming from CA.* To say that people in SF are trashy and low class is complete bull****.* I loved NY to death.... I still do. * But....I saw an old man fall down in the street and not one person stop to help him.* I had to run across traffic to come to his aid.* I used to work at the ESPN Zone.* I saw a Giants fan break a mug over a guys head and took off half his ear.* Not to mention countless other altercations.* I saw a mugging and chased down the guy who stole the woman's purse.* And yes... at a Giants game a couple seasons ago, my friend was there (Eagles fan) and his buddy got punched in the face.* I have plenty of friends, and only a couple who are actual 49er fans,
                  who have gone to the Bay Area for football and baseball games and have
                  had nothing but great things to say about the city and the people at the
                  games.*

After all of these things I still don't judge the entire state of NY from some bad **** I saw.* No way... I LOVE NY still.* Give me a break.* You guys sound like a bunch of ignorant kids.* What happened to the Saints fans is bull**** and I would not have watched it happen, being a 49er fan.* But to judge an entire state off the actions of few is a joke.* Get off of your high horses.*

[/quote]
                  Umm interesting. Most of the comments are telling NOLA that we are sorry to hear of his/family treatment. Your point about there are always bad apples and citing NY examples you witnessed misses the mark completely.

The point of the OP was to be on guard if you are going SF for the game. If what he said is spot on one should be very catious. The west coast sport venues have generated some of the worst fan treatment storys in recen years, i.e. LA Dodger fans put in coma, SF-Oak cancelling yearly exhibtions game.

You missed the whole point Bro and this has nothing to do with NY .

Comment

[quote user="dannydufflebags"]It's ashame if this really happened, though I have a hard time believing that another human would treat an elderly woman that way.

I pray that no one talks that way to some ol' Brooklyn boys mother at the game, because a good ol' fashioned NY style beat down would be on tap.[/quote]

I have a hard time believing that anyone who could afford 49er playoff tix would engage in that sort of thuggery.

Sounds like the type of fan you'd see at an Oakland Raider exhibition game.

I always figured 49er fans were pretty cosmopolitan, like alot of Giants fans.

Comment

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Also, you can read up on other experiences over at this forum.* Ours was not unique.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fe...rience-221840/

Just be safe - it's not good-natured sports smack that goes on there.* It's dangerous and not a place for kids.*
                      [/quote]

I just read that forum.....wow, that's pretty lame. Sounds like there is a pretty bad element within the 49er fan base.

I'm sure it's not the majority.....but it only takes a few a-holes.

Comment

two things first i laughed.... then just a shame if it its true.....

Comment

I already wanted the Giants to win this game...

Now I REALLY want to destroy the niners

Comment

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Hello all,
                            I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear. First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two. It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team; I get it.

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions. They wanted to fight. There was no line they wouldn't cross. There is a huge presence of gangster thugs. I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments. Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants. Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.
                            -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium. An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
                            -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
                            -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
                            -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
                            -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
                            -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area. Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area. This is where it was the most hostile. I was shoved and slapped several times here. Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone. These classless thugs are just that - classless.

Good luck, and GO NYG!

SF's finest:
                            http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/

[/quote]

Saints fan at it's finest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6lJB...8OQCzcQrnN7V6h

Comment

I am a Giants fan in the bay area. I go to every game when the Giants make it out this way since the 90's. Of course the 9er fans have some thug fans, doesn't every team?

I wear my gear to every game. I have never seen the stuff the OP is talking about. Of course, if you go around looking for trouble, you will find some. Just be respectful. If the Giants end up losing, just leave and tell everyone "good game". If you want to taunt and cheer in their face, there is obviously a greater chance of something bad happening. I wouldn't be too worried to be honest, especially at a NFCCG where tickets are going to be quite expensive.

Comment

[quote user="Tx49erFan"][quote user="NOLAfan"]Hello all,
                                I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear.* First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two.* It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team;* I get it.*

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions.* They wanted to fight.* There was no line they wouldn't cross.* There is a huge presence of gangster thugs.* I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments.* Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants.* Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.*
                                -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium.* An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
                                -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
                                -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
                                -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
                                -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
                                -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area.* Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.*

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area.* This is where it was the most hostile.* I was shoved and slapped several times here.* Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. * Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone.* These classless thugs are just that - classless.*

Good luck, and GO NYG!

SF's finest:
                                http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/*

[/quote]

Saints fan at it's finest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6lJB...8OQCzcQrnN7V6h
                                [/quote]

Probably the person who started this thread lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X