Well, congratulations.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well, congratulations.

CASVDRY - I appreciate the thanks, and you have always been easy to chat with on these boards, but lets face if Eli doesn't jump out to you your just being unfair and will never admit it.

You wish romo had the same team around him ? You mean the worst run game in football? or was that the 22nd rank defense?

or did the most 4th quarter td's EVER in one year not do it for you? Or was the most road playoff games won not enough. How bout 6 come from behind wins in the 4th?

Look i like Tony - but whats it gonna take for people to realize Eli is doing it over and over in HUGE games. Elite is a laugh - TRY ONE OF THE MOST CLUTCH PLAYERS IN THE NFL.

And our wideouts are the best in the NFL - our collection of D ends as well.

Comment

It takes some big brass ones to come on here and say something like that so instead of grilling you about what you didn't say I'm just gonna say thanks for the compliments and best of luck to and your team in the future.

Comment

Agreed JPP - and thanks casvdry - while i dont agree with your eli take - i appreciate the kind words.

Comment

Like I said, it's probably the bitterness. I'm trying to warm up in giving your team credit where credit is due, it's not exactly... easy.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]CASVDRY - I appreciate the thanks, and you have always been easy to chat with on these boards, but lets face if Eli doesn't jump out to you your just being unfair and will never admit it.

You wish romo had the same team around him ? You mean the worst run game in football? or was that the 22nd rank defense?

or did the most 4th quarter td's EVER in one year not do it for you? Or was the most road playoff games won not enough. How bout 6 come from behind wins in the 4th?

Look i like Tony - but whats it gonna take for people to realize Eli is doing it over and over in HUGE games. Elite is a laugh - TRY ONE OF THE MOST CLUTCH PLAYERS IN THE NFL.

And our wideouts are the best in the NFL - our collection of D ends as well.[/quote]

Yeah what stands out to me the most is your WR. They seem to grow on trees on your team, somehow.

I didn't mean any disrespect by leaving Eli out. I'm just giving my opposing view. It's not like Eli is a weakness on your team and your team wins in spite of him, I was simply pointing out what stands out the most to me.

It's just an overall bitterness. I feel like Romo is a good QB and really has the short end of the stick due to his team. Our defense has never risen to the occasion and been more than a flash in the pan. The end of 2009 was a flash in the pan. They returned largely the same personnel the following year and we saw what happened.

Comment

Thanks CAS - its just insane for me to see people still not give Eli the right amount of credit - but hell if i were a boys fan I wouldnt want to one bit either - just getting undeniable at this point. He may look like clark kent but he plays like superman (actually clark would be an improvement. )

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="GMenNY21"]So ELI MANNING is not in the stand out category! LMAO..... Nice half a s s ed compliment![/quote]

go easy, its hard for Romonites to praise Eli.

[/quote]

Well yeah, but not for the reason you would think. I'm not jealous of Eli Manning's ability or even clutch performance. But his luck is something I wish Romo had. I've seen close games like yesterdays match with the Cowboys, where Romo will play outstanding for the whole game but make 2 mistakes in it's entirety (like say, the Jets game) and in the end, those two mistakes will cost the Cowboys the game. Meanwhile, Eli can throw two easy should-have-been interceptions in his own end, but is bailed out by what equates to sure dumb luck.

In fact, the first near interception he threw resulted in the Niners starting corner being knocked out of the game and replaced by the guy who would later give up a TD. Essentially, Manning's mistake was game changing in a positive way for the Giants... Gah!

Haha but seriously, congratulations. It was a hard fought game and the Giants took advantage of the opportunities presented to them. I was going to start my own thread this morning but saw that Cas already had one going so I decided to piggy back.

Manning is a great QB. He's gotten better every year since 2007, and when he has protection he is just as dangerous as anyone.

And the Giants are starting to play the kind of football I thought they could at the beginning of the season. They don't have the best or most dangerous offense. They don't have the best or most tenacious defense. But they have a good combination of strength in both. Not many teams have that in today's NFL.

Comment

Working...
                X