Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We hate you more than you could ever imagine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Sad Sad

Comment

• In all seriousness, I didnt realize how bad the Deflate Gate was. 11 of 12 of their footballs were purposely lowered by 2psi per football. 2PSI under regulation. All the Colts footballs were the proper PSI. This was done AFTER the refs checked the footballs for proper inflation. So someone deliberately lowered the PSI after the refs inspectde them which is also against the rules.

That, my friends, is cheating. Like it or not.

I dont think it had an outcome on the game since they destroyed the Colts, but this is serious now. What if they did the same thing vs the Ravens? Much closer game. Gives the Pats an advantage.

Patriots, we hate you more than you ever can imagine. Cheaters.
      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-21-2015, 07:55 AM.
      Sad Sad Sad

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        In all seriousness, I didnt realize how bad the Deflate Gate was. 11 of 12 of their footballs were purposely lowered by 2psi per football. 2PSI under regulation. All the Colts footballs were the proper PSI. This was done AFTER the refs checked the footballs for proper inflation. So someone deliberately lowered the PSI after the refs inspectde them which is also against the rules.

I dont think it had an outcome on the game since they destroyed the Colts, but this is serious now. What if they did the same thing vs the Ravens? Much closer game. Gives the Pats an advantage.

Big fine and losing some draft picks. Stupid move as it wasn't necessary. Would be good if they can find out who did it and who instructed them to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gortex View Post
          Brady won't ever see another Super Bowl again, unless he's a spectator.

He sucks now.

How often does he have two bad games in a row? Depends on if he plays two tough defenses in a row.
          Wow this guy was mentally challenged!

Comment

In all seriousness, I didnt realize how bad the Deflate Gate was. 11 of 12 of their footballs were purposely lowered by 2psi per football. 2PSI under regulation. All the Colts footballs were the proper PSI. This was done AFTER the refs checked the footballs for proper inflation. So someone deliberately lowered the PSI after the refs inspectde them which is also against the rules.

The best karma is for the Pats to lose yet another Super Bowl. I was already rooting for the Seahawks to win, and now I'm rooting for them even moreso.
            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

The referrees handle the football every single play and they didn't notice anythign worng? Thats kind of odd.

This is getting bl;own way out of proportion and isn't that big of a deal. They will be fined and will probably lose a draft pick or 2. It would be something if they suspend Bill Bellichek.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                The referrees handle the football every single play and they didn't notice anythign worng? Thats kind of odd.

This is getting bl;own way out of proportion and isn't that big of a deal. They will be fined and will probably lose a draft pick or 2. It would be something if they suspend Bill Bellichek.
                The refs arent throwing the footballs though. Or carrying them. Jerome Bettis just was on ESPN and said he would love to have carried deflated footballs when running the ball because he would be able to grip it better in the cold and not have to worry as much from others ripping it out. Also falling on the ball can result in injuries like broken ribs. If it is under inflated, it has more cushion.

Chris Carter and Jerry Rice are making huge deals about it. Some of the greats.

Why cant fans?
                Sad Sad Sad

Comment

correct. And they played better and scored most of their points after the refs replaced the footballs to start second half
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                    Sorry to burst the bubble on your little tantrum, but you had a bunch of close games that year, and you didn't beat the Giants in any "spectacular fashion" the final game of the season.......... we stood with you stride for stride and your guys only won by a FG!
                    And I don't wanna hear any bull**** about games being handed to us, Patriots DB's dropping game ending INT's, or any of the other nonsense you Pats fans ***** and moan about, because you guys have had your fair share of bull**** calls go your way over the years.....(think TUCK RULE).
                    Every QB has almost thrown picks that have been dropped in big games, that would have turned the game completely around. So what... who cares?Thats just the way the ball bounces sometimes, and every team in the NFL has had it happen.
                    You Pats fans....much like Cowgirl and Egirl fans never see it that way though, because you think you're all the center of the football universe, and only crappy bounces and calls go against YOU!
                    Your team is going to the damned SB, so quit whining about the past that you can NEVER change and just enjoy your teams ride, wherever it ends up.
                    You do realize that this thread has been kept alive by us giants fans, right?. The OP has not been back since his first post
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The refs arent throwing the footballs though. Or carrying them. Jerome Bettis just was on ESPN and said he would love to have carried deflated footballs when running the ball because he would be able to grip it better in the cold and not have to worry as much from others ripping it out. Also falling on the ball can result in injuries like broken ribs. If it is under inflated, it has more cushion.

Chris Carter and Jerry Rice are making huge deals about it. Some of the greats.

Why cant fans?
                      So the deflated footballs explain why NE Patriots defense held the #1 offense of Indianapolis Colts to 7 points?
                      The deflated footballs is why Indianapolis Colts defenders are still trying to scrub Lagarrette Blounts cleat marks off the jerseys and bodies?
                      The deflated footballs were really that much of an advantage that Tom Brady threw for the 5th lowest total of yards he has all season and postseason this year?

I pay no attention to what Chris Carter has to say, I think hes still on the crack pipe. Let's not forget that Jerry Rice also claimed that the playbook was stolen and that the coaching staff for Oakland Raiders threw the game to Tampa Bay Buccaneers in SuperBowl.

The deflated footballs are not that big of a deal just as the fines levied against Seattle Seahawks for breaking CBA agreement in regard to contact during practice isn't a big deal. NE Patriots didn't gain an advantage over the deflated footballs and if there was that much of a difference then the referrees should've noticed.
                      Last edited by MagillasMango; 01-22-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        You do realize that this thread has been kept alive by us giants fans, right?. The OP has not been back since his first post
                        I strongly suspect that the OP is actually a NY Giants fan that.posed as a NE Patriots fan to start the thread. It is a fun thread however.

Comment

So the deflated footballs explain why NE Patriots defense held the #1 offense of Indianapolis Colts to 7 points?
                          The deflated footballs is why Indianapolis Colts defenders are still trying to scrub Lagarrette Blounts cleat marks off the jerseys and bodies?
                          The deflated footballs were really that much of an advantage that Tom Brady threw for the 5th lowest total of yards he has all season and postseason this year?

I pay no attention to what Chris Carter has to say, I think hes still on the crack pipe. Let's not forget that Jerry Rice also claimed that the playbook was stolen and that the coaching staff for Oakland Raiders threw the game to Tampa Bay Buccaneers in SuperBowl.

The deflated footballs are not that big of a deal just as the fines levied against Seattle Seahawks for breaking CBA agreement in regard to contact during practice isn't a big deal. NE Patriots didn't gain an advantage over the deflated footballs and if there was that much of a difference then the referrees should've noticed.
                          I know the deflated balls were not really an issue in the Colts game. That one game. But how long have they been doing this? What else are they doing that isnt being caught? Those are the burning questions and are rightfully asked about the Patriots now who have a track record of doing things the wrong way.
                          Sad Sad Sad

Comment

I know the deflated balls were not really an issue in the Colts game. That one game. But how long have they been doing this? What else are they doing that isnt being caught? Those are the burning questions and are rightfully asked about the Patriots now who have a track record of doing things the wrong way.
                            Well Aaron Rodgers has admitting to preferring over inflated balls and to using them before. How long has this been going on? How many games has this effected?

There has been an admission by Brad Johnson of paying 7500.00 to have the footballs cuffed up before Super Bowl. How many games did he have this done? What was the effect on all those games because of this?
                            While on Buffalo Bills Marshawn Lynch was busted for marijuana. He has admitted to being a habitual user. How many times has he used before or during NFL game? How many games has his drug use effected?
                            There have been numerous warnings as well as a fine levied against Seattle Seahawks for illegal practices being conducted by Pete Carroll who also has a record of cheating while coach of USC. How far does the scope of cheating extend? How many games has this cheating effected?

The referrees inspected the footballs before the game. The referrees handled the footballs on every play during the game. They noticed nothing awry. The football were taken by the officials at halftime and then given to the teams when 2nd half started and nothing was noticed to be awry. Now after the game the footballs have been inspected and found that 11 of the 12 are underinflated but there is no evidence whatsoever of anyone on NE Patriots team or staff committing the deflating. Did they deflate them right there on the sidelines during the game? Did a player or a ball boy smuggle them.off under their clothes and then bring back the deflated ball? Odd that in his snitchery, Eric Mangini never mentioned this practice of deflating footballs but he went in to detail about video taping. Is this because they've just now, after all these years figured out that Tom Brady wants the footballs deflated or has it taken them this long to figure out how to deflate them?

The deflated football are a none issue and Indianapolis Colts just as Baltimore Ravens are being sore losers that are acting no better than Green Bay Packers did when we gave them a shellacking in playoffs a few years ago.

Comment

• http://nesn.com/2015/01/colts-dwayne...s-and-beat-us/

Comment

Well Aaron Rodgers has admitting to preferring over inflated balls and to using them before. How long has this been going on? How many games has this effected?

There has been an admission by Brad Johnson of paying 7500.00 to have the footballs cuffed up before Super Bowl. How many games did he have this done? What was the effect on all those games because of this?
                                While on Buffalo Bills Marshawn Lynch was busted for marijuana. He has admitted to being a habitual user. How many times has he used before or during NFL game? How many games has his drug use effected?
                                There have been numerous warnings as well as a fine levied against Seattle Seahawks for illegal practices being conducted by Pete Carroll who also has a record of cheating while coach of USC. How far does the scope of cheating extend? How many games has this cheating effected?

The referrees inspected the footballs before the game. The referrees handled the footballs on every play during the game. They noticed nothing awry. The football were taken by the officials at halftime and then given to the teams when 2nd half started and nothing was noticed to be awry. Now after the game the footballs have been inspected and found that 11 of the 12 are underinflated but there is no evidence whatsoever of anyone on NE Patriots team or staff committing the deflating. Did they deflate them right there on the sidelines during the game? Did a player or a ball boy smuggle them.off under their clothes and then bring back the deflated ball? Odd that in his snitchery, Eric Mangini never mentioned this practice of deflating footballs but he went in to detail about video taping. Is this because they've just now, after all these years figured out that Tom Brady wants the footballs deflated or has it taken them this long to figure out how to deflate them?

The deflated football are a none issue and Indianapolis Colts just as Baltimore Ravens are being sore losers that are acting no better than Green Bay Packers did when we gave them a shellacking in playoffs a few years ago.
                                Where did Rodgers say he has used them before. I never saw that.... I heard him say he would prefer it, but never that he uses them over the allowed pressure in NFL games.

Also, Brad Johnson had balls worn. All QBs do that. That is within the rules. Eli does it. They wear them down much like a pitcher would wear down a baseball and rub it down to make the grip better, LEGALLY. Letting air out of a ball AFTER the refs marked it as a good ball to use would be more like a pitcher filing down a ball to mis shapen it for more movement or a batter using a corked bat. I dont know why you are talking about drugs. The NFL suspends players for that all the time. And yes, it taints records (Barry Bonds) in sports. Using drugs is completely different than manipulating equipment to an unfair advantage.

It may not have bothered you (unless you were playing against them and they did it to you and beat you by a couple points), but to me its cheating whether they won by 1 point or 100 points. They cheated, again. and got busted, again.

The everybody does it excuse sounds a lot like the PED stuff in baseball. If everyone does it, then should Bonds and Arod not be punished?

Mark Brunell, a very respected Ex QB in the league nailed it:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/mark-b...ow-40-degrees/

“If you get an 11 pound — if I could use this in the game,” he continued. “I’m much more effective than [with] a normal ball. So certainly an advantage for any quarterback that chooses to use a deflated ball.”

“Simply because of the grip here, I can hold onto this ball. I can be more accurate. I can throw the ball further because I can dig my hand into it. For quarterbacks, it’s an advantage. For receivers, for running backs, there’s no difference.”
                                If its not a big deal as you say, then why dont the patriots just admit they did it and move on?
                                Sad Sad Sad

Comment

Working...
                                X