Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna sing the Eagles Fight Song wit me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    And although I'm a Giant's fan I am also a big Football fan and would watch all day Sunday, Monday & Thursday nights. Would watch most any games. But as you said the disrespect of the Anthem has turned my stomach towards the NFL

I would be doing this regardless if the Giant's were 5-0 instead of 0-5, I promise

I will just enjoy College Football on Saturdays
    I believe you. And you're not alone man, a LOT of people I know aren't watching games either. I just watch the highlights on NFL Network on Monday if I even remember to. Stomach turning is right, straight up revolting disrespect is what it is. Sunday isn't the time for politics or protests, it's a time for us ALL to unite and come together as a people and enjoy ourselves win or lose! These players have access to media and other platforms to protest on their OWN time AFTER their 16 weeks of work has ended, it isn't too much to ask them not to do it on NFL Sunday. They are paid millions of dollars to play a damn game for at the very least 16 weeks of the damn year, not to shove their politics in my face on one of my few days off. Hopefully the owners are getting the message and will fix this before they completely kill my interest. And the other thing that's killing me is losing my Giants fan buddy, even if the players weren't acting up I would still find it hard to take any joy in the Giants miserable season so far.

I just wish I could get into college ball but I just can't. The crazy divisions with the crazy amounts of teams, the lack of real playoffs... just can't keep it all straight.

Comment

• I wish the networks would keep the cameras off the players during the anthem. A lot of this crap would blow over

Comment

• Originally posted by J.R.Ewing View Post
        I wish the networks would keep the cameras off the players during the anthem. A lot of this crap would blow over
        I agree. The media is allowing this to spiral out of control by showing it. Prior to 2009 teams were still in their locker rooms during the Anthem which was played for the fans attending.. and you never saw it on TV. They'd cut away to a commercial during it or you'd hear it in background as they (Announcers) made their final remarks prior to kickoff

The players claim that they are not Dishonoring the flag or the military but rather just taking advantage of their right to protest.. I am sorry but I have many friends and family that served and to me it's disrespect. Do your protesting on another platform with all the money and resources these millionaires players have. Not during a sports event that's meant for entertainment
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• I'm just say this once. It gets very uncomfortable for me being a black man reading what white people think we should do. If you have a problem with the protests, just don't watch. As a 20 year retired navy CPO, I feel that they are neither disrespecting me or that inanimate object that is a flag. I served for their rights to protest and this country was actually built on protest. Stop *****ing about their methods and think about their message and why they are protesting. Using fake patriotism IMO is just a lame tactic to deflect what the message is all about. I'm not asking any of you to agree with me. It is fine that you don't. However, please stop telling black folks how we should be getting our points across.

Comment

• How bout they protest off the clock on their own time off which is usually 6 months outta the yr. The rest of us that have jobs would get fired for pulling that **** on company time and you know damn well you would get a BCD in the military if you started pulling that caca. They are paid employees of that team's owner, the owner has every right to tell em to stop that BS PC on his time. I just checked out the FBI 2016 statistics on crime& guess what race leads the nation in 3 very bad catagories:

Murder/manslaughter
            Robberies
            Rape

Despite being a much smaller % of the overall US population. I don't see Black NFL players taking a knee against that. Buncha hypocrites. Black on Black crime far surpasses any white on black, Hispanic on black crimes, I guess as long as the finger behind the trigger isn't white, it's all good in da hood. You go Chiraq!

And before you try pulling the good ol race card on me, I'm a Puerto Rican man from Brooklyn NY who also served in the USMC and am a combat vet of Iraq/Afghanistan with multiple tours..

Semper fi 2/8
            Last edited by Parademon1; 10-12-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              I'm just say this once. It gets very uncomfortable for me being a black man reading what white people think we should do. If you have a problem with the protests, just don't watch. As a 20 year retired navy CPO, I feel that they are neither disrespecting me or that inanimate object that is a flag. I served for their rights to protest and this country was actually built on protest. Stop *****ing about their methods and think about their message and why they are protesting. Using fake patriotism IMO is just a lame tactic to deflect what the message is all about. I'm not asking any of you to agree with me. It is fine that you don't. However, please stop telling black folks how we should be getting our points across.
              I respect your opinion and thank you for your service
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

• Solid win for the Eagles. Looks like you have a QB

Comment

• You guys got a good team and Wentz is the real deal.

My neighbor "Eagles Guy" was having pizzas delivered while he watched the game.

I keep an eye on him for safety.
                  Fan since 1970.
                  ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                  "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                    I'll be interested who has a better career in the nfl, derek barnett, taco charlton or takk mckinley...takk ran a 4.59, better than nyles garrett BTW...i liked takk a lot in his highlight film, as well as barnett...taco not as much
                    told ya

taco smacko is a bust so far

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...29#post2996329

Comment

• Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                      C'mon everyone! You all know the words! You have heard them sung often enough after every Eagles TD! You must have heard it a couple thousand times in your lifetimes right? ESPECIALLY in the last 15 or so years!

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory...♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3 ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

Well, if you have been paying attention to the daily sportingmens gazettes, you will by now have learned that the Philadelphia Eagles have gone through some massive changes since last season. It is for all practical purposes a brand new team with a great many unanswered questions. So at this point I will refrain from passing out prognostications of your teams impending beat downs at the hands of this Eagles team, I will need to see more from them in actual game situations. But what I have seen in the pre-season is indeed promising.

But the Giants, barring the coach and a few positions are ostensibly unchanged. The only thing that may have changed is your diva receiver's ego size which by now has swelled to "Hindenburgian" proportions! So, I do expect to see more of the same comedy from the Giants again this year, same as it ever was! Unless MacAdoodoo is an even bigger miracle worker than Coughlin was I wouldn't hope for too much.

Well, it's good to be back and I am looking forward to yet another rip roaring NFL season filled with humiliating New York losses and copious Gnats fan tears with which I make my delicious soups! Here's to the next 4 months of insults, name calling and Philly hatery that only miserable Gnats fans like yourselves can conjure up!

I will sing the song if I come to Philly and you give me a tour of your team's Super Bowl trophy case under the stipulation that you do not show me an empty one. At least we maybe down and out this year but we have some blink to ease the pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsforce View Post

I will sing the song if I come to Philly and you give me a tour of your team's Super Bowl trophy case under the stipulation that you do not show me an empty one. At least we maybe down and out this year but we have some blink to ease the pain.
                        In an overall down year all around in both conferences this is a good year for Philly to be good. There is really no one that strong in NFC now that GB lost Rodgers. Saints playing well, Dallas to but I think Philly could hang with either of them

They make it to SB it would be a rematch of a team Philly lost to in SB of 04/05 by a 24-21 Score. Could be something similar as even NE is not it's dominating self this year. But who's going to beat them? Pittsburgh? Buffalo? The NFCW who several week back looked so tough. Not so much anymore

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

In an overall down year all around in both conferences this is a good year for Philly to be good. There is really no one that strong in NFC now that GB lost Rodgers. Saints playing well, Dallas to but I think Philly could hang with either of them

They make it to SB it would be a rematch of a team Philly lost to in SB of 04/05 by a 24-21 Score. Could be something similar as even NE is not it's dominating self this year. But who's going to beat them? Pittsburgh? Buffalo? The NFCW who several week back looked so tough. Not so much anymore
                          Perhaps. All is possible in football. You can be an 18-0 team and lose the SB. Until the Eagles actually win a couple SBs, their trophy case will still be empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsforce View Post

I will be proud to show you our NFL Championship trophies!

Comment

• Seems that the regular Cow Clowns friends aren't crowing and flapping their soup coolers about their chances before a big Sunday night game! I mean I am not one to talk seeing as I have been MIA for most of this really wacky season but I do try to keep up with the board activity. I mean, if the Cowflops were doing as well as my Eagles have so far this season, you wouldn't be able to shut any of them up! But they are quiet as church mice of late, especially since old Zeke ain't going to be playing for them for quite a while. Just an observation, don't kill the messenger! So, anyone else have any predictions for this game? I think youse know where I stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                                Seems that the regular Cow Clowns friends aren't crowing and flapping their soup coolers about their chances before a big Sunday night game! I mean I am not one to talk seeing as I have been MIA for most of this really wacky season but I do try to keep up with the board activity. I mean, if the Cowflops were doing as well as my Eagles have so far this season, you wouldn't be able to shut any of them up! But they are quiet as church mice of late, especially since old Zeke ain't going to be playing for them for quite a while. Just an observation, don't kill the messenger! So, anyone else have any predictions for this game? I think youse know where I stand.

Eagles having a magical year so far. For your sack I hope they get a SB Ring. I have many good friends waiting their whole lives for them to win the big one. I for one would not have a problem with them winning one even though I hate the Eagles lol. Hey plus it would give the NFCE another Title

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X