Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna sing the Eagles Fight Song wit me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freebird View Post
    My hats off to your New York Football giants, they came to play today! A Steelers fan friend of mine insisted that the Eagles were benefiting from a cakewalk to end our season but I disagreed saying that the Giants, unlike the Cowboys, ALWAYS try to take it to us regardless of how rotten their season might have been. I told him "Giants Pride" was a very real thing, especially when they play my Eagles. And they proved me right today, it was a Hell of an effort,I was on the edge of my seat until the very end. Going into this game I was concerned about our offense but now I am VERY concerned about our shortcomings on defense, especially in our secondary. This game should give you guys some hope for a better season next year, our division is much more exciting when it is more competitive.

You guys are going to go deep into the playoffs.
    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

My hats off to your New York Football giants, they came to play today! A Steelers fan friend of mine insisted that the Eagles were benefiting from a cakewalk to end our season but I disagreed saying that the Giants, unlike the Cowboys, ALWAYS try to take it to us regardless of how rotten their season might have been. I told him "Giants Pride" was a very real thing, especially when they play my Eagles. And they proved me right today, it was a Hell of an effort,I was on the edge of my seat until the very end. Going into this game I was concerned about our offense but now I am VERY concerned about our shortcomings on defense, especially in our secondary. This game should give you guys some hope for a better season next year, our division is much more exciting when it is more competitive.

Yes I said to my Eagles buddies that Foles will be the Eagles version of Giant's Jeff Hostetler!!! Foles proved he can be that guy for the Eagles just like when Jeff stepped in and wow last 3 games, Playoffs and SB when Simms went down

What surprised me is the most was the Giant's anemic offense which usually needs 3 games to score 29 points did it in one game against that Philly D??? 505 yards of O with Eli throwing for 434 & 3 TDs? Shocking to say the least. Eagles gave up.lots of points last two weeks but still won both games

Good luck going forward and thanks for preserving the #2 pick for NY for at least another week. Would of dropped to the 3rd pick if they had won so nice goal to goal D at the end to preserve the win!!
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

You guys are going to go deep into the playoffs.
        I am honestly not as confident after that defensive performance of ours today! And our red zone offense needs a lot of work it seems too.

Comment

I am honestly not as confident after that defensive performance of ours today! And our red zone offense needs a lot of work it seems too.
          If you guys do it. The NFC east will be the first division all with wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Yes I said to my Eagles buddies that Foles will be the Eagles version of Giant's Jeff Hostetler!!! Foles proved he can be that guy for the Eagles just like when Jeff stepped in and wow last 3 games, Playoffs and SB when Simms went down
            Foles would be forever legendary in Philly if he could pull that off for us!!! Who knows, Jeff Garcia did pretty well for us when McNabb went down that one year too, right up to the first game of the playoffs

What surprised me is the most was the Giant's anemic offense which usually needs 3 games to score 29 points did it in one game against that Philly D??? 505 yards of O with Eli throwing for 434 & 3 TDs? Shocking to say the least. Eagles gave up.lots of points last two weeks but still won both games
            I was surprised too, I thought our poor defensive effort last week was just a fluke but something is going on with our D and they picked the worst time to flake out on us if that's the case! But then again our first game against the Giants went down to the wire too so it could just be that its just a case of a tough divisional game against a rival that knows us very well. I hope its the latter!

Good luck going forward and thanks for preserving the #2 pick for NY for at least another week. Would of dropped to the 3rd pick if they had won so nice goal to goal D at the end to preserve the win!!
            Thanks bud! Much appreciated! And thanks to the rest of you Giants fans that said something to that guy who was glad about Wentz getting hurt, you restored my hope in humanity. I was going to give him a piece of my mind but I had faith that I wouldn't have to. I was not disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

If you guys do it. The NFC east will be the first division all with wins.
              That would be awesome for our division. Here's hoping!

Comment

That would be awesome for our division. Here's hoping!

And for awhile the NFCE had the most SB victories to it's credit. I'd have to check as I think that may have changed of late
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

Thanks bud! Much appreciated! And thanks to the rest of you Giants fans that said something to that guy who was glad about Wentz getting hurt, you restored my hope in humanity. I was going to give him a piece of my mind but I had faith that I wouldn't have to. I was not disappointed.

That dude got banned and anyone else that celebrates a players injury should and will be banned. Anyone that didn't enjoy watching Wentz play is not a true football fan.

Anyway I for one do NOT want to see NE win another SB. I would love for someone to beat them other then the Giant's. Atlanta should of done it. Seattle should of done it. They seem to find a way to get off the hook every time. Heck you Eagles should of beat them in the SB. Maybe u can get some payback

In fact everyone of NEs SB wins we're close nail biters to the end. Even their losses we're close to the Giant's. I thought finally someone was going to embarrass them in a SB last year like Denver did many years ago before the Bill & Bill Era, but Atlanta choked

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

• Kraft made a blood deal with Satan back in 2001. There is no other damn way to explain the unbelievable luck, breaks, calls that this team always seems to get! How in the living hell was that not a TD pass???? What the hell do you have to do to score a TD in the NFL these days. The ground cannot cause a fumble. The WR caught the ball and planted the ball on the GL , that's what caused the ball to come a bit loose, not that he never had control of the ball!! Refs robbed Sheppard of a TD in the 1st Eagles game with this BS call. Sheppard fumbled the ball once the was outta bounds but had complete control of the ball in the field of play!

Comment

That dude got banned and anyone else that celebrates a players injury should and will be banned. Anyone that didn't enjoy watching Wentz play is not a true football fan.
                      Damn straight.

Anyway I for one do NOT want to see NE win another SB. I would love for someone to beat them other then the Giant's. Atlanta should of done it. Seattle should of done it. They seem to find a way to get off the hook every time. Heck you Eagles should of beat them in the SB. Maybe u can get some payback
                      NO one hates that organization more than Eagles fans! I will say it till my dying day, we were most definitely cheated out of a Superbowl win by those Pats. And they just made an epic comeback on my buddy's Steerlers, I'm trying to talk him down off the roof now

In fact everyone of NEs SB wins we're close nail biters to the end. Even their losses we're close to the Giant's. I thought finally someone was going to embarrass them in a SB last year like Denver did many years ago before the Bill & Bill Era, but Atlanta choked
                      If we are able to get to the Superbowl, I pray that we meet the Steelers there, I think the battle of Pennsylvania could be epic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                        Kraft made a blood deal with Satan back in 2001. There is no other damn way to explain the unbelievable luck, breaks, calls that this team always seems to get! How in the living hell was that not a TD pass???? What the hell do you have to do to score a TD in the NFL these days. The ground cannot cause a fumble.
                        Right? I couldn't believe it myself, I was sure that was the game ender! That call was complete and utter BS. The officials are doing their best to destroy this game...

Comment

Right? I couldn't believe it myself, I was sure that was the game ender! That call was complete and utter BS. The officials are doing their best to destroy this game...

Yes Steelers won it but I'm sure NE fans will argue it was a good call

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Yes Steelers won it but I'm sure NE fans will argue it was a good call
                            What about the Dez non-catch in the GB playoff game? Was that a catch?

I don't like that most of these calls don't pass the "eye test" but I think we can agree the league has been pretty consistent on these calls. For the record I don't like it (the way the rule is implemented).

In the game yesterday the ball was clearly in the TE's control when he crossed the GL and I think at that point the play shoulda ended (once the ball crossed the GL in the receiver's control).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post

I don't like that most of these calls don't pass the "eye test" but I think we can agree the league has been pretty consistent on these calls. For the record I don't like it (the way the rule is implemented).

In the game yesterday the ball was clearly in the TE's control when he crossed the GL and I think at that point the play shoulda ended (once the ball crossed the GL in the receiver's control).
                              The rule sucks but it is very easily read and understood. It was the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post

The problem with it come in that he is considered a receiver and not a runner. If it was a RB it's a TD like u said once he crossed with control. But due to him being a Receiver he has to maintain control all the way thru play to the ground. Dumb rules. Dez imo was a catch

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X