Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna sing the Eagles Fight Song wit me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freebird View Post
    Excuse me while I clear my throat... *ahem*..... ladies and gentlemen, repeat after me...

SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!!

Thank you. We now return to your regularly scheduled off season

Enjoy your trophy, Freebird. Like I've said, you're a good guy and that's some comfort in all this. Thought to game was entertaining. Will enjoy your S.B. hangover and more chatter, next season.

Comment

• Highest scoring game in SB history, most total yds, Brady became 1st QB in SB history to pass for 500yds, for people that love high scoring Madden video game type football, this would be a great game for you. Me, I'm ol school and prefer to see a slobber knocker defensive battle that are 20-17 or 14-10 affairs. IMO, nothing will top the drama of SB 42 with the super underdog Giants going against what many were calling & still call, the greatest team in NFL history, the 18-0 NE Patriots. That team was beating every other team that yr by an avg score of 36-17! They put up 589pts while giving up just 274pts. 13 of their 18 wins that yr were by 10 or more points. Brady threw 50 TDs that yr while Moss caught an NFL record 23 TD passes and 14! Welker had 112 rec for 1,175yds and another 8 TDs. NE was favored to win by 12.5 pts & many others had us losing by 20+! Until another huge underdog WC team can KO an 18-0 team in the SB, I'll always consider the Giants SB 42 upset win over undefeated Juggernaut NE the greatest SB ever!
      Last edited by Parademon1; 02-05-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
        Highest scoring game in SB history, most total yds, Brady became 1st QB in SB history to pass for 500yds, for people that love high scoring Madden video game type football, this would be a great game for you. Me, I'm ol school and prefer to see a slobber knocker defensive battle that are 20-17 or 14-10 affairs. IMO, nothing will top the drama of SB 42 with the super underdog Giants going against what many were calling & still call, the greatest team in NFL history, the 18-0 NE Patriots. That team was beating every other team that yr by an avg score of 36-17! They put up 589pts while giving up just 274pts. 13 of their 18 wins that yr were by 10 or more points. Brady threw 50 TDs that yr while Moss caught an NFL record 23 TD passes and 14! Welker had 112 rec for 1,175yds and another 8 TDs. NE was favored to win by 12.5 pts & many others had us losing by 20+! Until another huge underdog WC team can KO an 18-0 team in the SB, I'll always consider the Giants SB 42 upset win over undefeated Juggernaut NE the greatest SB ever!
        I agree, that was the best Super Bowl I have ever seen.

As far as style of play people enjoy, I prefer low scoring defensive battles where every yard of the game matters. I also prefer power running offensives. The kind that sets up the run by running the ball, when everyone in the stadium knows they are going to run the ball and you still can't sop them. That 1990 Giants offense could eat up an entire quarter on one drive. I want that offense back in NY, that was exciting to watch. It would sap the opponents will to watch that offense crawl down the field in 3 to 5 yard chunks.

You just don't see that kind of play in the NFL anymore, which is why the games seem so dull these days I think. Probably one of the reasons why viewership has been down this past season.

Comment

• Lack of a run game in the NFL wasn't the reason for less viewership. But all I know is that the 2018 Giants better establish a run game that will last 5+yrs if we wanna sniff another SB anytime soon. A clock eating dominant run game & top 10 D are the keys to getting back to the mountaintop IMO.

Comment

Lack of a run game in the NFL wasn't the reason for less viewership. But all I know is that the 2018 Giants better establish a run game that will last 5+yrs if we wanna sniff another SB anytime soon. A clock eating dominant run game & top 10 D are the keys to getting back to the mountaintop IMO.
            I was kidding. Most casual fans want lots of passing and big plays. They don't care about defense because it doesn't even get them a lot of fantasy points. I'm the exact opposite of those types of fans. Most of the games I have enjoyed the most had a combined score under 25 points. Non-Giant games I mean. I enjoy any Giant win. This season wasn't fun.

Comment

• That's why it amuses me when people say this recent SB was awesome & exciting, blah, blah , blah. If I'm a fan of either team, yeah, I would be ashamed of the defensive performances of both Ds. That Eagles D got lit up for over a SB record 600+ total yds & 33 points. NE D wasn't any better & NE fans should be extremely worried about what type of D they will be fielding in the 2018 season & beyond. In all 4 Giants SB wins our D has given up 20-19-17-14 pts . That's championship D! And it was against offenses led by 2 HOF QBs in Elway & Kelly & 2x vs future HOFer Tom Brady.

Comment

That's why it amuses me when people say this recent SB was awesome & exciting, blah, blah , blah. If I'm a fan of either team, yeah, I would be ashamed of the defensive performances of both Ds. That Eagles D got lit up for over a SB record 600+ total yds & 33 points. NE D wasn't any better & NE fans should be extremely worried about what type of D they will be fielding in the 2018 season & beyond. In all 4 Giants SB wins our D has given up 20-19-17-14 pts . That's championship D! And it was against offenses led by 2 HOF QBs in Elway & Kelly & 2x vs future HOFer Tom Brady.
                You would be ashamed by your teamís defensive performance in a Super Bowl that they won?

ok

Comment

That's why it amuses me when people say this recent SB was awesome & exciting, blah, blah , blah. If I'm a fan of either team, yeah, I would be ashamed of the defensive performances of both Ds. That Eagles D got lit up for over a SB record 600+ total yds & 33 points. NE D wasn't any better & NE fans should be extremely worried about what type of D they will be fielding in the 2018 season & beyond. In all 4 Giants SB wins our D has given up 20-19-17-14 pts . That's championship D! And it was against offenses led by 2 HOF QBs in Elway & Kelly & 2x vs future HOFer Tom Brady.
                  Brady put up 500 yards of Offense and he lost. Philly's defense kept him out of the end zone just enough . They played well enough to win the game.
                  There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                    Excuse me while I clear my throat... *ahem*..... ladies and gentlemen, repeat after me...

SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
                    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!!

Thank you. We now return to your regularly scheduled off season

I must be getting soft in my old age because I'm kinda happy for you. lol

Comment

Actually that 86 team was leading late 39-10. They called the dogs off and took Starters out. Then Denver got 10 garbage time points so really it should of been 10-19-14-17.

​​​And remember Brady laughing when Burress made his prediction of final score( which he almost hit on the nose) and Brady said were only going to Score 17 Points hahaha. Well up to the go ahead score with 2+ minutes left the Pats 18-0 high-powered I was held to just 7 for the whole game and 14 overall
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• True. I forgot that up 39-10, Parcells wanted to give some backups playing time in the game. That arrogant & conceited comment by Brady is what started me despising him as a player/QB. He was so sure that they were gonna light up the Giants D that he actually seemed annoyed by Plax 's prediction that they would "only score 17", Plax actually gave em too much credit as they only scored 14! I wish Plax had run up to Brady soon as the game was over & yelled in his face " told ya so"!

Comment

True. I forgot that up 39-10, Parcells wanted to give some backups playing time in the game. That arrogant & conceited comment by Brady is what started me despising him as a player/QB. He was so sure that they were gonna light up the Giants D that he actually seemed annoyed by Plax 's prediction that they would "only score 17", Plax actually gave em too much credit as they only scored 14! I wish Plax had run up to Brady soon as the game was over & yelled in his face " told ya so"!
                          I think his prediction was 21-17 Giant's and ended up 17-14. But he actually correctly predicted the score of their next SB matchup. Even though he wasn't a Giant anylonger he did see into the future lol
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                          X