No announcement yet.

Should the Skins Resign Cousins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll be a skins next year, no way they let him walk. They have no second option.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
      He'll be a skins next year, no way they let him walk. They have no second option.
      Yeah I think they Franchise him again. 49ers are going to try hard to get him however.
      Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsLifer View Post
        Redskins fired DC Joe Barry and released Perry Fewell. Thank god. I was hoping Fewell would be a step up as DB coach. That really didn't happen.

As for Cousins, I just hope they slap a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let him test the FA market. If somebody wants to overpay for him, then let him walk and take 2 1st round draft picks in compensation. In the meantime, groom a QB in waiting.
        I'd be very surprised if anyone would give up 2 number 1 picks for him.
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          I hope they sign him for 25 mil a year.

He's overrated, one of the best pass blocking Olines in the league and a bunch of weapons but still plays like the glorified backup he is when there is even a hint of pressure.
          Agree 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
            I'd be very surprised if anyone would give up 2 number 1 picks for him.
            Someone gave up a 1st and 4th round pick for Sammy Badford. Never underestimate the power of panicked stupidity.
            Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Someone gave up a 1st and 4th round pick for Sammy Badford. Never underestimate the power of panicked stupidity.
              Good point but I still doubt it.

Comment

the one thing about Cousins is does he really want to be in Washington? listening to him in interviews he doesn't seem too interested. I think the skins will need to offer him well in excess of what hes worth to keep him long term. I know the press in this area are thinking of ways to keep him but even they are not fully convinced of his intentions.
                sigpic

Comment

The REDSKINS would be in deep trouble without Cousins. NO BRAINER resign Cousins.

Comment

If they can get him on a deal in the $19m-20m range then yes. If he is demanding $26m/yr then you can't give him that money and expect to be taken seriously. People seem to forget how hard it is to find a starting caliber QB, even one with some serious warts.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                      the one thing about Cousins is does he really want to be in Washington? listening to him in interviews he doesn't seem too interested. I think the skins will need to offer him well in excess of what hes worth to keep him long term. I know the press in this area are thinking of ways to keep him but even they are not fully convinced of his intentions.

Too bad. He'll be hard pressed to get that kind of protection any where else except Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                        If they can get him on a deal in the $19m-20m range then yes. If he is demanding $26m/yr then you can't give him that money and expect to be taken seriously. People seem to forget how hard it is to find a starting caliber QB, even one with some serious warts.

im in the area of the redskins and their media here are almost at panic stage about his signing. they indicate if he plays under the tag next year, hes gone for sure in 2018. i agree with them because he just doesn't seem to enjoy playing for the skins.

he keeps saying he "wants to be wanted" leading me to believe he doesn't really feel wanted.

personally i think hes gone next year.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                          he keeps saying he "wants to be wanted" leading me to believe he doesn't really feel wanted.
                          That's just code for "pay me the money!"

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                            That's just code for "pay me the money!"
                            He is a career choker. He could not beat the Giants when needed to enter the playoffs. If is paid too much he will have to be given the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge any excess funds.
                            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                              He is a career choker. He could not beat the Giants when needed to enter the playoffs. If is paid too much he will have to be given the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge any excess funds.
                              Maybe. If I were the Skins GM I would pay him and build a team around him. It's not easy to find a "franchise" QB, but he has a lot of the tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X