Should the Skins Resign Cousins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Skins Resign Cousins?

I'm thinking the fans probably have had enough of this enigma by now. Crucial interceptions in big games it looks like he's just not cut out for that moment.

Dude is overrated.

Don't know. He's still young, but he needs to toughen up mentally, and just forget mistakes. If he throws a pick, he can start playing afraid for the rest of the game. One of his picks yesterday was on the receiver for falling down, but he was beating himself up.

It will be interesting next year. There will be a market for Kirk next year in the league, because all other FA QBs are a huge step down from Kirk.

The Redskins may opt to Franchise tag Kirk again, especially if Kirk doesn't agree to a long term deal that is mutually acceptable.

That gives them one more year to develop Nae Sudfeld and keep Colt McCoy in the wings.

Comment

By the way, congrats to the playoffs Giants fans.

The Skins just weren't ready this year. Even if they would have won yesterday's game, they would have quickly been bounced out of the playoffs. Defense needs a lot of work with talent scheme and adjustments.

But I am glad that they remained in the hunt until the final week.

Comment

Not a lot of better options out there for them.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          Not a lot of better options out there for them.
          Exactly. He's been a pretty good QB so far and what are the alternatives? 39 year old injury-waiting-to-happen Romo? Cutler?

Comment

The Skins would be crazy to let Cousins walk when they don't have any other viable options. He's not worth $20 million a year, but I'm sure they can come up with a contract that makes Cousins happy, but also gives the team some wiggle room to move on in a couple of years if things go south.
            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I am not convinced he has the poise to be a great QB. He has had trouble with any pressure applied to a season changing situation. The jury is still deliberating on does he has what it takes to win the big game. I agree the skins should resign him, especially if he becomes a career choker.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I hope they sign him for 25 mil a year.

He's overrated, one of the best pass blocking Olines in the league and a bunch of weapons but still plays like the glorified backup he is when there is even a hint of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsLifer View Post
                  By the way, congrats to the playoffs Giants fans.

The Skins just weren't ready this year. Even if they would have won yesterday's game, they would have quickly been bounced out of the playoffs. Defense needs a lot of work with talent scheme and adjustments.

But I am glad that they remained in the hunt until the final week.
                  I really thought the Redskins were going to roll the Giants in that game seeing for all intents and purposes it WAS a Playoff Game for Washington last Sunday.

The Giants said all the right things that they would play to win and not rest Starters. But in the end I figured the Giants just would not be able to match the intensity of the Skins for 4 quarters knowing deep down there was nothing to gain on Sunday for them in the playoff picture other then knocking out a Rival.

I was wrong as they kept up the pressure on D the whole game not allowing a Redskins comeback. Obviously the Giants O was as inept as ever and that kept the Skins in it the entire game.

As far as the Giants and the playoffs??? They can go only as far as that D can carry them. The O is not going to flip some magical switch and suddenly be an effective Offense. It is what it is this year and as far as most of us are concerned the team has already far exceeded expectations and anything going forward is all Gravy!!!

As far as resigning Cousins. They should as there is no one out there better and they should luck him up long term imo.
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Here is a crazy thought.. If they do not sign him long term and opt not to franchise him and let him test market. I mean he had a pretty good year but not as good as 2015.. So say the Skins Gamble hoping he doesn't get the offers he and his agent think they will resulting in them being able to sign him for less years and less money over a long term deal.

Say they gamble and lose him. Would Daniel Snyder make a splash and try to bring in Romo??
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Redskins fired DC Joe Barry and released Perry Fewell. Thank god. I was hoping Fewell would be a step up as DB coach. That really didn't happen.

As for Cousins, I just hope they slap a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let him test the FA market. If somebody wants to overpay for him, then let him walk and take 2 1st round draft picks in compensation. In the meantime, groom a QB in waiting.

Comment

Redskins fired DC Joe Barry and released Perry Fewell. Thank god. I was hoping Fewell would be a step up as DB coach. That really didn't happen.

As for Cousins, I just hope they slap a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let him test the FA market. If somebody wants to overpay for him, then let him walk and take 2 1st round draft picks in compensation. In the meantime, groom a QB in waiting.
                        Fewell is a terrible coach. Just ask anybody on this board.

Comment

Fewell was not a good coach when with the Giants

Comment

Might be a way to go, but who is the QB in waiting?

Comment

He should be locked up long term IMO. He has more than proven himself IMO.
                              We all that we got!

Comment

Working...
                              X