Cowboys caught cheating again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    How do you know they were not? Most if not all testing is done without a press notification unless a violation is relieved.
    How is partying on a boat the same as caught smoking pot? Explain your logic on this.
    Trying to justify Gregorys violation has nothing to do what Brown did ( he is gone) or 5 plays with a radios, penalties were given.
    I am not justifying Gregory's pot usage at all. He was stupid and deserved what he got. Brown was stupid for beating his wife and got what he deserved(in the end).

My point was for the OP......Gregory getting suspended is NOT the Dallas Cowboys caught cheating. Just like Brown losing his job is NOT the New York Giants cheating. Both teams showed bad judgement in both of them but that is not cheating. Unless smoking some pot is like Popeye eating a can of spinach........nothing Gregory did helps his game on the field. That is a substance violation but not team cheating.

Cheating is the key word here as a team, not what some stupid individual did.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post
      I am not justifying Gregory's pot usage at all. He was stupid and deserved what he got. Brown was stupid for beating his wife and got what he deserved(in the end).

My point was for the OP......Gregory getting suspended is NOT the Dallas Cowboys caught cheating. Just like Brown losing his job is NOT the New York Giants cheating. Both teams showed bad judgement in both of them but that is not cheating. Unless smoking some pot is like Popeye eating a can of spinach........nothing Gregory did helps his game on the field. That is a substance violation but not team cheating.

Like I said I thought he was using PED's. So technically not cheating as I don't think pot gives you any kind of advantage, just relaxes you and gives you the munchies.

Comment

And the use of the word "again".

Seems the last "cheating" scandal in the NFL news involved the NYG for which they got a slap on the wrist ... cost them a little cash (which is peanuts) and anywhere from 1 to 10 places in the 4th round of the upcoming draft. More Mara/Goodell watching out for their Giants type "punishment".

Goodell: Well John, we know there was an obvious violation of a well known rule. What should we do?

Mara: OK Roger, you can "fine" us . How about $150 thousand for the organization which I can take out of miscellaneous funds we use to pay off the officials and not cost anyone really.

Goodell: The $150K sounds reasonable and the other owners will grumble but what can they do . . . I run this show *snicker*, thanks to you and Dan (Rooney). I'll have to fine Ben too though and take away a draft pick next year.

Mara: Wait a minute son. You are not taking away a draft pick. You try that and you'll be litigating parking tickets soon.

Goodell: Yeah, yeah, sorry about that John ... how about I move your late 4th round to the end of that round? We know that the 4th round is a Krap shoot anyway.

Mara: OK, that'll keep peace in the league and won't hurt us. I only want Mac fined $50K though. He can pay it out of the generous bonus he's getting for making the playoffs.

Goodell: All that sounds good ... I'll announce it tomorrow afternoon.

Goodell: Thanks for the dinner. The single malt was excellent as was the Cuban!
        Last edited by Eagles R Guano; 01-06-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
          Like I said I thought he was using PED's. So technically not cheating as I don't think pot gives you any kind of advantage, just relaxes you and gives you the munchies.
          The Randy Gregory saga has been going on for years. Since early in his career at Nebraska. He has always had a problem with pot. It's been ongoing for a long time. That you don't know this is amazing. It's been discussed ad nauseum here, especially around the 2015 draft.
          It might be better to know what you're talking about before you start a thread accusing someone of cheating. Makes us all look bad.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            The Randy Gregory saga has been going on for years. Since early in his career at Nebraska. He has always had a problem with pot. It's been ongoing for a long time. That you don't know this is amazing. It's been discussed ad nauseum here, especially around the 2015 draft.
            It might be better to know what you're talking about before you start a thread accusing someone of cheating. Makes us all look bad.
            Thanks for the advice but once again I don't want it and don't need it. Sorry if hurts your feelings if I bust Cowboys fans chops. Unlike you I guess I have a life and don't follow every player on every team. You do a good job on your own making yourself look bad.

Comment

It is perception some believe braking the rules is cheating. I am on side that believe there is a difference between an infraction and cheating.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice but once again I don't want it and don't need it. Sorry if hurts your feelings if I bust Cowboys fans chops. Unlike you I guess I have a life and don't follow every player on every team. You do a good job on your own making yourself look bad.
                I get that you don't want it but I disagree that you don't need it.
                Nothing wrong with busting the chops of Cowboys fans. Just get your facts straight when you do. Makes you look foolish and we wouldn't want that.

Comment

I get that you don't want it but I disagree that you don't need it.
                  Nothing wrong with busting the chops of Cowboys fans. Just get your facts straight when you do. Makes you look foolish and we wouldn't want that.
                  So everything on the Smalk Talk forum needs a fact checker before posting. Most is over the top. If you don't like it don't come here. You sound like a whiny Cowboys fan.

Comment

So everything on the Smalk Talk forum needs a fact checker before posting. Most is over the top. If you don't like it don't come here. You sound like a whiny Cowboys fan.
                    Do what you want. The entire thread is silly because it's based on a lie. That's OK with you?.......Go for it.

Comment

Do what you want. The entire thread is silly because it's based on a lie. That's OK with you?.......Go for it.
                      You say lie, I say over the top. Get over it.

Comment

Personally, I feel that marijuana should be legal in the NFL (I've only tried it once in my life). It is light years better than pain killers and has way less side effects.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X