Cowboys Fans on Our Boards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
    I guess you realize that Romo is a $24 million cap liability?
    What is the cap effect if they trade him? What if they release him?

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
      This is why you dont come on to the message board of a team that beat you twice this season. Handle your business first! Karma is a *****, huh ****ers? Your dallas choke boys, still irrelevant for 20+ years and running.

What I don't understand is why are Dallas fans posting on a Giants MB after they just lost to the Packers?

See, it's that kind of arrogance that makes me have zero respect for their fans.

Would I post to a Dallas MB after the Giants lost to a different team? No. In fact, I wouldn't be caught dead on a Dallas board at all.

But hey, you guys enjoy yourselves. It's fun to watch right now.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        What is the cap effect if they trade him? What if they release him?
        -$12 million ... essentially half.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant303 View Post
          this year had to be Dallas's year they are ****ed next year when it comes to their cap. 22 impeding free agents and they are already 5 million over the cap.
          Didn't realize that. JJ will have to get very creative to keep this team together
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

So that one move puts them 2m under the Cap
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Same for trade or release?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                What I don't understand is why are Dallas fans posting on a Giants MB after they just lost to the Packers?

See, it's that kind of arrogance that makes me have zero respect for their fans.
                Why is it arrogance. I'm all over the internet. Been all over the Cowboy Forums. Been all over my super active Texas Fishing Forum (100,000 members and yeah, I do more than just football but we do football too over there). I come here because it is fun. Done football my whole life, can't ever remember not being involved one way or the other. Talking football is generally kinda kool.

Would I post to a Dallas MB after the Giants lost to a different team? No. In fact, I wouldn't be caught dead on a Dallas board at all.

But hey, you guys enjoy yourselves. It's fun to watch right now.
                Some people are a little more confident and branch out a little more than others. That you wouldn't be caught dead on our board may speak to your ability to talk coherent football ... maybe not, or courage ... maybe not. I just like talking football. There is not a Smack Talk section over there so you'd have to be able to not be a ***** and talk coherently. Parademon is over there.

You guys don't want me posting here just state it and I have plenty of internet sites to cruise. Seems there have been several posts biching about Cowboy fans posting on here in the Smack Talk Section. Why don't y'all get this section shut down or just don't come here or just stay in the Giant Football Talk Section? Get me banned or just plain tell me to ***-off. Lotta solutions for y'all to handle your hate!
                Last edited by Die-Hard; 01-22-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  Same for trade or release?
                  Way I understand it, it would be the same. If he were to retire or restructure is a different discussion which I don't have an answer for.

Comment

You guys don't want me posting here just state it and I have plenty of internet sites to cruise. Seems there have been several posts biching about Cowboy fans posting on here in the Smack Talk Section. Why don't y'all get this section shut down or just don't come here or just stay in the Giant Football Talk Section? Get me banned or just plain tell me to ***-off. Lotta solutions for y'all to handle your hate!
                    No man...go on with yo bad self. I didn't design this site. All are welcome.....

How's that?
                    Last edited by Die-Hard; 01-22-2017, 06:57 AM.
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

No man...go on with yo bad self. I didn't design this site. All are welcome.....

How's that?
                      werks fer me

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                        This is why you dont come on to the message board of a team that beat you twice this season. Handle your business first! Karma is a *****, huh ****ers? Your dallas choke boys, still irrelevant for 20+ years and running.
                        Congratulations on the mediocrity of your smack.

Comment

Originally posted by Manster54 View Post
                          Hi guys. Being from the Dallas area, I've been a Cowboys fan since the 60's. I've lurked on the message boards for several years but rarely post. I like your board the best because overall you guys seem to have more realistic fans and fewer homers. Plus, the Giants have really been the team to beat in the East for quite a while (the '07 playoff run beating GB, Dallas and NE was the most impressive thing I've ever seen). The Cowboys fans who start talking smack in October bug me too, but don't make the mistake of thinking all their fans are that way. We old-timers know it has to be earned before you crow about it. Having said all that, this was a great game even though they lost. I'm optimistic about the team for the first time in a long time. If they can find a way to get some pressure from a DL and maybe another good DB, Dallas could be scary for a few years. I felt like the defensive deficiencies would catch up with them and it did today. As long as we can keep Jerry away from making the personnel decisions, we might be legitimate again soon. Adios.
                          Seems like all the Cowboys fans that come on here are actually from Texas, so I consider them real fans and have no issues with their smack talk in the section that was designed for just that. Some are also good contributors in the other sections - better than some of our own members.
                          That said, yesterday's game was very absorbing to watch, and I greatly enjoyed the ending.

Comment

We both lost to GB, main difference being we lost in their house in pretty extreme weather conditions & they were pretty much favored to beat us, so it was not a huge shock that we lost. I expected our O to finally put together a cohesive game plan & try to run the ball with Perkins in order to keep AR off the field, but I forgot that we have one of the worst OLs in football this yr, silly me.

Dallas had no such excuse to lose this game. They gave their star players Dak & Zeke almost 3 weeks to prepare & be fully rested for this game, they had HFA, closed the roof to play in perfect 72 degree weather & the entire team was pretty much healthy while GB was missing it's best WR/RB/CB. Still 1 & done!

One thing I've noticed during my time watching pro football is that having consecutive yrs where your team's top players stay fully healthy all season are far & few. All it takes is for the top 2 or 3 players on either side of the ball to go down, for the season to go down the drain, Dallas should know this very well from last yr. Giants were the most injured team in the NFL from 2013-2015. This yr we were pretty injury free for the most part & our record improved.

Opportunities to make it to the SB & win it are very fleeting unless you're the damn Patriots. Next yr, it could be Wash/Phil that are the top 2 dogs in the NFCE & NY/Dallas fighting to stay outta the cellar. So it's pretty ignorant of Dallas fans to already be sprouting that they will be a force to be reckoned with for the next 5-10yrs. Asides from NE, no other NFL team has been a "dominant team" in the past 5yrs, let alone 10.

As a NY Giants fan, I hope for the best for my team in 2017, but prepare for the worst, so I'm calling it right now, 8-8 for us. Hope they prove me wrong & win enough games to make the playoffs again.

Comment

Oh look he's back with another wall a text that nobody will read.

Comment

Working...
                              X