Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 SBs & 11 AFCCGs in 16yrs, is the AFC that bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It helps that the Jets are in their division, lol.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
      It helps that the Jets are in their division, lol.
      Well as me and Ntegrase have been discussing Buffalo and Miami have been pretty consistently terrible over that span as well. Outside of a few glitch Season where the Jets had a decent year and sometimes Miami they have had cakewalk in that Division every year. Even in the years when one of the others were decent they still were never good enough to dethrone the Pats for long

If it was the Giants or Dallas doing this year in year out it would be because the NFC Least stinks. But you hardly ever hear anyone in the media talking about how bad the AFCE is while they trip over themselves praising NE
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The Patriots FO is pretty good too.

Comment

I live in Massachusetts. I am a Giants fan. I despise the Patriots and their fans.

Now that we have that out of the way...

The Patriots division stinks because they're so good. The Jets, Dolphins and Bills all make irrational personnel decisions trying to compete and keep up with New England. They fire coaches all the time and have no continuity. Those teams are always trying to start over, meanwhile New England is already there. The organization is well run. The owner keeps out of team matters and lets Belichick and the football staff do their thing.

Bill doesn't get sentimental with players and knows exactly when to move on. He out works the other coaches and is just plain smarter. He doesn't let the outside noise get to him. He's laser focused. They are so well prepared. The get an injury... next man up. They're getting out schemed in game, go to plan B. He looks for every advantage and is willing to play "fast and loose" with the rule book (Spygate, Deflategate, Messing around with different formations, etc.). Most coaches and teams are defeated and demoralized before they step on the field. They never lose to Pittsburgh, Colts, KC, etc. Those teams hardly defeat New England.

Keep this in mind Brady and Belichick have been together since 2000. That's almost 17 years. No teams main guys stay together that long. Their egos haven't broke them up. They love what they do and their still hungry to win. They're not like Rex Ryan who gets excited for a big win and then they play like garbage the next week because they were still celebrating the prior week.Bill really means he's onto "Atlanta" or onto "Pittsburgh". They are a step ahead of everyone. I believe Bill when he said he didn't know Atlanta won. He wins and he is already on to next week.

I just hope the Falcons win. I can't deal with these people talking about their "dynasty". They have struggled in the Super Bowl when they get there. They usually play close games.
          sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with all your points on why NE & B&B have been so successful since 2001. The Giants have been one of the few teams that does not get intimidated when playing NE. Even last yr when we stunk & had the worst D in the NFL we were a dropped Landon Collins int from beating a then 9-0 team in our house & we ended up losing by 1 damn point! Us & Seattle are pretty much the only NFC teams to beat NE in their house like in the past decade. Teams from both conferences are already mentaly defeated when going into Gillette stadium. I wish the Giants had that type of mystique in Metlife. We almost went 8-0 this yr, so hopefully that's a start to us being a team that will be very tough to beat in our house. We need to be like NE & always go 6-2 or better at home. Makes it easier to just play 500 ball on the rd & still win 10+ games. That's been a big part of NE's success, their ability to always win 80% or more of their home games & to always win 4+ div games on a yearly basis. 2 sure ways to win the div every yr. Problem is the the Cowboys, Skins & Eagles are better teams than the Jets/Bills/Dolphins.
            Last edited by Parademon1; 01-28-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
              The Patriots FO is pretty good too.
              Belichick basically is the Patriots FO.

Comment

Remember when the Patriots sucked for decades? Man, those were the days.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                  Belichick basically is the Patriots FO.
                  I think this is the biggest key to their success; even more so than Brady (though I think they have less rings without Brady).

Belichick’s ability to be both the GM and Coach is nothing short of remarkable.

As a coach he’s a mastermind.

As a GM he’s not that great. Like he really doesn’t get many great players. But he gets players that he can and will actually use to the best of their ability.

There is no disconnect between FO and Coach, and there is no waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                    I think this is the biggest key to their success; even more so than Brady (though I think they have less rings without Brady).

Belichick’s ability to be both the GM and Coach is nothing short of remarkable.

As a coach he’s a mastermind.

As a GM he’s not that great. Like he really doesn’t get many great players. But he gets players that he can and will actually use to the best of their ability.

There is no disconnect between FO and Coach, and there is no waste.
                    Totally agree. And I think there are a lot of other coaches out there that would benefit with the same amount of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                      As I watch NE getting ready to go to their 7th SB since 2001 & having played in their 11th AFCCG & NFL record 6th straight app, I have to ask, is it that the AFC is that much of a weaker conference with less quality QBs or are the Patriots that damn good? Since 2001, only 5 AFC QBs have started a SB & 3 of them account for 14 of the 16 SBs:

Tom Brady-7 SB app
                      Peyton Manning-4 SB app
                      Ben Roethlisberger-3 SB app
                      Rich Gannon-1 SB app
                      Joe Flacco-1 SB app

Why have the Patriots totally dominated the AFC since 2001? Is it just because of Belichick/Brady only? NE is 9-3 vs Pittsburgh since 2001, so we can eliminate the Steelers as a constant threat to NE these past 16yrs. In their 11 AFCCG app, Only the Colts/Broncos & Ravens have stopped NE from going to 11 SBs in the B&B era!. Peyton being the main threat to B&B, beating them 3x in the AFCCG as a member of the Colts/Broncos in 2006-2013-2015 & Flacco & the Ravens beat NE in the AFCCG in 2012. The Jets are the only other team to hand NE a playoff loss in the B&B era with a win in the 2010 div rd. And of course our Giants have kept B&B having 6 SB rings.

So has NE been just lucky to play in a weaker conference with less quality QBs since 2001 or would they have been just as dominant playing in the NFC?
                      Think it's a little luck and some real smart personnel decisions,for the most part the AFC east almost guarantee them six conference wins it's been weak for years but has gotten better recently,when they miss on a draft pick they admit it's not a good fit and send them packing so they can move on,they trade guys in their primes that they don't want to pay it tells me they believe there scouts will find someone to fill what ever role that player filled at a high level they run a solid operation,they are good with a little luck.

Comment

It's both Brady and Belichick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                          Don't get me wrong. It's still impressive to be consistently good and Belichick is a legit coach.

But it's impossible to ignore the cakewalk they've gotten for nearly two decades now during the regular season and the effect it's had on them reaching the SB.

Because other than 2007 and the dynasty days, the Pats really haven't fielded an overwhelmingly good team. The '15 Panthers are a better team than any team the Pats have fielded other than those years.

The difference is the Pats get more opportunities to cash in, and quite frankly they owe it to an unusual set of circumstances regarding a weak division.

The NFCE has 5 guys right now that you could consider franchise QBs. 5!

That's 4 more than the AFCE has provided since 2001. It's just insane.
                          Thinking about it not only is it easy for them to be 6-0 every year in the AFCE because the other three are bad. But also being bad has meant those three have also list a good majority of their out if division games as well. So the Pats are hardly ever challenged in that Division and usually have it wrapped up with a month still left in the season. Pretty pathetic.

BB has been their Coach going on 17 years now. One guy ... 17 years. Without looking it up I would just be guessing but how many coaches combined has the other three teams gone through in that same time span??? Maybe 10 at about 3 guys each?? Maybe more??
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Surely the AFC East has been bad most of the years.

Comment

who's dumb enough to believe that comeback was real? not me.
                              right? only the best of the best make the league but only one team dominates? when are going to grow up and realize its entertainment?

Comment

Originally posted by ram29jackson View Post
                                who's dumb enough to believe that comeback was real? not me.
                                right? only the best of the best make the league but only one team dominates? when are going to grow up and realize its entertainment?
                                Everyone in the world but you. You are apparently the smartest person in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X