Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 SBs & 11 AFCCGs in 16yrs, is the AFC that bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parademon1
    started a topic 7 SBs & 11 AFCCGs in 16yrs, is the AFC that bad?

7 SBs & 11 AFCCGs in 16yrs, is the AFC that bad?

As I watch NE getting ready to go to their 7th SB since 2001 & having played in their 11th AFCCG & NFL record 6th straight app, I have to ask, is it that the AFC is that much of a weaker conference with less quality QBs or are the Patriots that damn good? Since 2001, only 5 AFC QBs have started a SB & 3 of them account for 14 of the 16 SBs:

Tom Brady-7 SB app
    Peyton Manning-4 SB app
    Ben Roethlisberger-3 SB app
    Rich Gannon-1 SB app
    Joe Flacco-1 SB app

Why have the Patriots totally dominated the AFC since 2001? Is it just because of Belichick/Brady only? NE is 9-3 vs Pittsburgh since 2001, so we can eliminate the Steelers as a constant threat to NE these past 16yrs. In their 11 AFCCG app, Only the Colts/Broncos & Ravens have stopped NE from going to 11 SBs in the B&B era!. Peyton being the main threat to B&B, beating them 3x in the AFCCG as a member of the Colts/Broncos in 2006-2013-2015 & Flacco & the Ravens beat NE in the AFCCG in 2012. The Jets are the only other team to hand NE a playoff loss in the B&B era with a win in the 2010 div rd. And of course our Giants have kept B&B having 6 SB rings.

So has NE been just lucky to play in a weaker conference with less quality QBs since 2001 or would they have been just as dominant playing in the NFC?
    Last edited by Parademon1; 01-23-2017, 12:04 AM.

• Ntegrase96
    replied
    Originally posted by ram29jackson View Post
    its only in a alternate reality where a dumb *** catching a ball is deemed really important to talk about
    And yet, here you are posting in the offseason.

i'm the one challenging you obviously because your compliance cant handle it.
    i'm the one living in reality because I know a lie when I see one. I'm not the one using the mind of a child who believes most games just somehow naturally come down to the last 2 minutes with millions of dollars invested in tv entertainment. You chosen to believe instead of actually knowing something.
    But you're not challenging anyone's opinion, though.

You've ignored basic logic. You've said nothing of substance. You've provided no proof. This is ironically the epitome of choosing to "believe instead of actually knowing".

Leave a comment:

• ram29jackson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Especially those who live in an alternate reality, it seems
    i'm the one challenging you obviously because your compliance cant handle it.
    i'm the one living in reality because I know a lie when I see one. I'm not the one using the mind of a child who believes most games just somehow naturally come down to the last 2 minutes with millions of dollars invested in tv entertainment. You chosen to believe instead of actually knowing something.
    its only in a alternate reality where a dumb *** catching a ball is deemed really important to talk about

Leave a comment:

• Ntegrase96
    replied
    I've been a sports fan since I was 15. This is the internet. The Giants and Steelers are basically the mafia bosses of the league.
    its fascinating how people in their 40s and 50s act like children when you present this to them. No one likes their view of reality challenged

Especially those who live in an alternate reality, it seems

Leave a comment:

• ram29jackson
    replied
    It’s kinda funny that you believe this yet you’ve been a member of this board for 9 years and are currently posting during the second biggest football lull of the year.
    I've been a sports fan since I was 15. This is the internet. The Giants and Steelers are basically the mafia bosses of the league.
    its fascinating how people in their 40s and 50s act like children when you present this to them. No one likes their view of reality challenged

Leave a comment:

• Ntegrase96
    replied
    lol thats more propaganda. I dont give a damn what the earths shape is. Kyrie was told to say that. Its just pointless gossip news to make you waste time talking about stuff thats unimportant. just like talking about whos the best passer all day, its a meaningless accomplishment
    It’s kinda funny that you believe this yet you’ve been a member of this board for 9 years and are currently posting during the second biggest football lull of the year.

Leave a comment:

• ram29jackson
    replied
    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
    I assume you probably agree with Kyrie Irving too.....

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/...at-earth-oh-no
    lol thats more propaganda. I dont give a damn what the earths shape is. Kyrie was told to say that. Its just pointless gossip news to make you waste time talking about stuff thats unimportant. just like talking about whos the best passer all day, its a meaningless accomplishment

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied
    too much? all your major sources are propaganda
    I assume you probably agree with Kyrie Irving too.....

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/...at-earth-oh-no

Leave a comment:

• ram29jackson
    replied
    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
    And a good explanation of a lot of what's going on in the world these days. Too much info for certain peeps.
    too much? all your major sources are propaganda

Leave a comment:

• JameyC
    replied
    lets not forget they play in one of the most hapless divisions in all of football, almost guaranteed a playoff spot and in most cases, a 1st round bye and home field. Not taking anything away from them but if the pats had been in say the NFC east, or the AFC central the past 16 years those numbers in my opinion would be quite different.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    This is a practical cautionary post about the stupidity of believing what you read.
    And a good explanation of a lot of what's going on in the world these days. Too much info for certain peeps.

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    lol another one who thinks in order for it to be staged,they can only do it in a way that would seem obvious to your simpleton viewpoint.
    Theres more than one variable going on here. fact is, Cowboys and Giants still constantly make playoffs whether they win first round or not.

((There was a great study done about coaches “working the refs” and there being a strong correlation with calls going in favor of the sideline the ref is standing on.))

thats called propaganda,its called; you believe everything you read. home teams win because its better for profit.Simple

This is a practical cautionary post about the stupidity of believing what you read.

Leave a comment:

• Ntegrase96
    replied
    lol another one who thinks in order for it to be staged,they can only do it in a way that would seem obvious to your simpleton viewpoint.
    Theres more than one variable going on here. fact is, Cowboys and Giants still constantly make playoffs whether they win first round or not.

((There was a great study done about coaches “working the refs” and there being a strong correlation with calls going in favor of the sideline the ref is standing on.))

thats called propaganda,its called; you believe everything you read. home teams win because its better for profit.Simple

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    ((NFL wanted the Patriots to win, there is no way they would spot Atlanta a 25 point lead. ))

oh no? a billion dollar organization wouldnt possibly know how to put on a show? you believed the impossible happening over and over and over so obviously it works.
    Wow. Im all about conspiracies, and believe there is fishy stuff going on in this world, and believe the NFL loves to entertain rather than be 100% legit, but this comment is ridiculous. Why would the NFL want Tom Brady and the Pats of all people to win another SB after the whole deflategate saga?

Leave a comment:

• ram29jackson
    replied
    I don’t even think it’s ‘nudged’.

If it were, the Cowboys would not be in the midst of a 21 yr SB appearance drought and the refs would have immense bargaining power over the league, which they clearly do not.

There was a great study done about coaches “working the refs” and there being a strong correlation with calls going in favor of the sideline the ref is standing on.

In short, the point is refs are human. They try their best to call fair games, but they’re human. They make mistakes and are also not impervious to intimidation.

Last edited by ram29jackson; 02-17-2017, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X