Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yes. Every athlete with the exception of minor leaguers are paid well to play a game. Not our faults they can't manage their money properly. The lowest paid are still making way more than me. Apply yourself and learn how to survive. Darwinism. If you can't adjust and adapt, it's your own fault. I would love to get paid a leagues minimum wage to play a game.

As for those who make it a business and brand themselves. Fine. But don't act shocked and upset when you are called out on it by fans who are struggling to put food on the table.
    That is easy to say when we aren't the ones out there playing. They are in the entertainment business. Millions of people worldwide watch what they do. As long as people keep on paying to see them perform, they will continue to get paid. If millions of people watched what i did for work, i would want to get paid a ton as well. Personally, I would not label it as calling them out. I would label it as hating. Two things I never do are comment on another man's money or their woman. I have my own life to worry about.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'm sure that poster was suggesting that NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. Which is true. But the blanket statement that they are underpaid is silly.
      NFL players have no one to blame but themselves when it comes to this. They're the ones not negotiating for fully guaranteed contracts. IMO, they have the worst union in all of the major sports.
      sigpic

Comment

All pro athletes are overpaid.
        Why? Because the industry they work in rakes in billions? Other than into the owners' pockets, where should that money go?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Why? Because the industry they work in rakes in billions? Other than into the owners' pockets, where should that money go?
          To me.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

When a team takes on a big contract there is an inherent risk (guaranteed money) Just look a Norman last season big money no playoffs. More often then not signing a player to a big contract does not produce a championship in the time frame of the contract. To win the SB is the goal of every team every year.

in 2015 each team split 7.5 billion = 234 million per team . When you consider the cost of running a franchise ; staff , players, marketing , it is not that much in the end. When compared to Walmart, that takes in more profit one day then the average NFL team takes in for the entire season. It is not the rake it in you believe.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              That is easy to say when we aren't the ones out there playing. They are in the entertainment business. Millions of people worldwide watch what they do. As long as people keep on paying to see them perform, they will continue to get paid. If millions of people watched what i did for work, i would want to get paid a ton as well. Personally, I would not label it as calling them out. I would label it as hating. Two things I never do are comment on another man's money or their woman. I have my own life to worry about.
              Oh I agree. They are entertainers. They make millions. A lot make millions not even doing much but practice and train and learn (Nassib). I understand why they get huge paydays, I just dont want to hear they are struggling or oppressed. Shove that in your hat. What some of these athletes make in a year of playing a sport, most people wont make in their life while busting their *** 10 hours a day.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Oh I agree. They are entertainers. They make millions. A lot make millions not even doing much but practice and train and learn (Nassib). I understand why they get huge paydays, I just dont want to hear they are struggling or oppressed. Shove that in your hat. What some of these athletes make in a year of playing a sport, most people wont make in their life while busting their *** 10 hours a day.
                You still sound bitter to me about their money and their problems. You're also taking this conversation to an uncomfortable subject when you bring up oppression.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  You still sound bitter to me about their money and their problems. You're also taking this conversation to an uncomfortable subject when you bring up oppression.
                  Meh. I'm good where I'm at. Just don't like millionaires playing games complaining about their money issues.
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

All pro athletes are overpaid.
                    +1

Comment

I agree, they aren't overpaid. There is a market for their talent and they get what that market dictates.

Anyone can be jealous of what they are paid, but that's just because they cant do what the athletes can do.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                        I agree, they aren't overpaid. There is a market for their talent and they get what that market dictates.

Anyone can be jealous of what they are paid, but that's just because they cant do what the athletes can do.
                        Exactly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I'm not talking about in the context of the market place.
                          What a cop does is a lot more important than an NFL WR.
                          THAT is the context I was talking about.

Comment

I'm sure that poster was suggesting that NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. Which is true. But the blanket statement that they are underpaid is silly.
                            They are underpaid. For the amount of revenue they generate, their paycheck does not accurately reflect it

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                              They are underpaid. For the amount of revenue they generate, their paycheck does not accurately reflect it
                              They get about 60% of all NFL revenues.

Comment

I'm not talking about in the context of the market place.
                                What a cop does is a lot more important than an NFL WR.
                                THAT is the context I was talking about.
                                That's fine. But what a cop does is more important than anything Mara or Goodell does too. So why single out the players?

Comment

Working...
                                X