Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    They get about 60% of all NFL revenues.
    Wrong, they get less than 50%.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-pla...-with-players/

So 1,696 players split less than 50 and 32 owners split the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
      Wrong, they get less than 50%.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-pla...-with-players/

So 1,696 players split less than 50 and 32 owners split the rest.
      You are correct. My mistake.

Again, I'm not suggesting players are overpaid as a % of the revenue in their industry. I am saying they are overpaid in context of the social importance of their work.

You play a game and get paid millions? You can be a rookie on the practice squad, never see the field and still get paid hundreds of thousands.

That's my point. All pro athletes are overpaid.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You are correct. My mistake.

Again, I'm not suggesting players are overpaid as a % of the revenue in their industry. I am saying they are overpaid in context of the social importance of their work.

You play a game and get paid millions? You can be a rookie on the practice squad, never see the field and still get paid hundreds of thousands.

That's my point. All pro athletes are overpaid.
        Well if you want to get into a fun "social importance" conversation, then you have to take into account the amount of jobs these players create - uniform sales, sales at all levels via advertisements, and also the massive amounts of money they pay in taxes that subsequently pay the paychecks of those cops you are speaking of. And then there's autograph signings where they create jobs for off duty cops. There's a ton of things to consider

Comment

I am saying they are overpaid in context of the social importance of their work.

I totally agree about the social importance of their work. I'm a son of a union teacher and a union electrician, so you don't have to convince me that these salaries are morally silly.

But that rookie that never plays is 10x the athlete of anyone that lives within 100 miles of you. He is unique, and should be paid whatever he can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
            Well if you want to get into a fun "social importance" conversation, then you have to take into account the amount of jobs these players create - uniform sales, sales at all levels via advertisements, and also the massive amounts of money they pay in taxes that subsequently pay the paychecks of those cops you are speaking of. And then there's autograph signings where they create jobs for off duty cops. There's a ton of things to consider
            Also true. Its impossible to delve down into it without this getting political, but IMO, NFL players are not overpaid.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              Actually....I don't. I couldn't care less how much anyone makes, including football players. just don't tell me they're underpaid.

Comment

If you think NFL players are grossly underpaid......The joke is on YOU.
                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                How can they put food on the table of their 8 kids/gfs if they have to pay 3 mortgages and keep all 7 of their cars washed while rocking $100k bling?
                You guys do know that most players don't make it past their rookie deals right? Making 500 - 600K is not a lot of money when 1/3 goes to the government and 10% goes to your agent....and then trying to keep up with the Jones'.

Will Tye made 400K for christ sakes.....even the NFL realized he needed a performance bonus...

Now when NBA bench players are getting 70mill for 4 years, I don't see your point at all.....and there are NO GUARANTEES for most smaller contracts....

Timofey Mozgov makes more than JPP.....Let that sink in for a minute...
                Last edited by Gee718; 03-23-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Actually....I don't. I couldn't care less how much anyone makes, including football players. just don't tell me they're underpaid.
                  I think they are payed fairly, some underpaid some overpaid, some paid what they are worth. It all depends which free agency they hit, if they were the best in the FA period they landed in they are probably over paid, if they landed in a FA period that was loaded at their position they probably are underpaid.
                  That's the way the NFL is set up. If you average it out they are probably payed fairly. They are some of the hardest working SOBs that there are though, to stay in shape alone is more work than a lot of people do. It's an entertainment industry and entertainment industry people are always paid more than most jobs because they give people something to do with their time off and are paid handsomely to do so. If they were guys who just got up off their couches and went to play their game and then went back home and sat around waiting for their next game, then I'd say they don't deserve what they are paid, but alot goes into staying in shape and being in peak condition physically and mentally to be ready for each game so we aren't watching a bunch lazys playing the game, it's much more exciting when you think you are watching the best there is or people at least trying to be the best there is and they deserve to be paid as such.. If anyone could put on a uniform and do what they do I'd say they are overpaid, but they can't, so they become hot commodities.
                  Last edited by FanOfTheGmen; 03-25-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

How can you say the Browns are garbage?

Why they recently won the league championship in 1964.
                    *Just beat the damn Cowboys and I can be happy.*
                    (The Eagles? Who gives a crap about the Eagles?)

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

the fact is they owned the late40s through the early 60s.
                      they are just told to lie down now. Watch as the Patriots go through the same down-swing for the next 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ram29jackson View Post
                        they are just told to lie down now. Watch as the Patriots go through the same down-swing for the next 30 years.
                        told to lie down?

Comment

Are you even aware that the Browns you are referring to are now the Ravens and won 2 SB since leaving Cleveland.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

The Ravens
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                              told to lie down?
                              He thinks the league is fixed ... lol

Comment

May I remind everyone that the Browns of the 60's are the Ravens of today. And they have won 2 super bowls.

Comment

Working...
                                X