Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Making jokes keeps me from being inappropriately frank regarding your ridiculous claims.
    you're already inappropriate calling me crazy. Youve already been frank admitting you know nothing other than what you read and others tell you.
    College didnt teach you independent critical thought. It taught submissive ability to obey the establishment. You need to come here and pay us money so we can give you grades and tell you you're smart. Any fool can read something to retain for a test.
    Intelligent people sit and think about things with no external influence or noise.
    You make jokes because the fact is you have no intelligent counterpoint other than; neener neener,you're wrong and stupid haa.
    you have nothing more than opinion that you base on a belief. You have no clue what a player is thinking on the field and you assume its all for spontaneous competitive reasons. If you actually thought about it you'd have to admit too many games come down to the last 2 minutes and too many penalties are false and come at the most dramatic times. In the real world, that would happen once in a great while,not every week. Games would be over by the 3rd qtr 95% of the time. Less teams would be elible for playoffs by week 11 or 12. But you dont actually take the time to sit and ponder it.

Comment

Originally posted by ram29jackson View Post
      you're already inappropriate calling me crazy. Youve already been frank admitting you know nothing other than what you read and others tell you.
      College didnt teach you independent critical thought. It taught submissive ability to obey the establishment. You need to come here and pay us money so we can give you grades and tell you you're smart. Any fool can read something to retain for a test.
      Intelligent people sit and think about things with no external influence or noise.
      You make jokes because the fact is you have no intelligent counterpoint other than; neener neener,you're wrong and stupid haa.
      you have nothing more than opinion that you base on a belief. You have no clue what a player is thinking on the field and you assume its all for spontaneous competitive reasons. If you actually thought about it you'd have to admit too many games come down to the last 2 minutes and too many penalties are false and come at the most dramatic times. In the real world, that would happen once in a great while,not every week. Games would be over by the 3rd qtr 95% of the time. Less teams would be elible for playoffs by week 11 or 12. But you dont actually take the time to sit and ponder it.
      My counterpoint is simple.....It would take a large amount of people over the years, including players to make happen what you are suggesting.
      There is no conceivable way that not a single human being, as flawed as we all are has ever said they were involved or knew about it.

AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.

What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.

In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        My counterpoint is simple.....It would take a large amount of people over the years, including players to make happen what you are suggesting.
        There is no conceivable way that not a single human being, as flawed as we all are has ever said they were involved or knew about it.

AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.

What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.

In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk.
        so, because it takes lots of people,therefore it cant happen? lol govt has been lying and screwing you over for hundreds of years and youve done nothing about it and they employee thousands.

((What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.))
        youve only learned what youve been told by others who know nothing. how does that tell you how billionaires work and rule?

(((In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk )))
        one of the most ignorant phrases ever spoken. Propaganda isnt a fictional impossibility. politicians and billionaires lie to you every day.

Peter Gent said this:
        [["For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."]]

(((AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.))
        backwards logic by you. Theres no way in hell a business grows to billions unless you manipulate things to give the people what they think they want.
        If these games played out naturally, no QB would be able to last a decade and most games would boring and there would be no dynasties. Every week they illiterately say -Wow, the impossible just happened!..if its impossible it cant and never does happen. thats how stupid the public is now.

Comment

so, because it takes lots of people,therefore it cant happen? lol govt has been lying and screwing you over for hundreds of years and youve done nothing about it and they employee thousands.

((What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.))
          youve only learned what youve been told by others who know nothing. how does that tell you how billionaires work and rule?

(((In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk )))
          one of the most ignorant phrases ever spoken. Propaganda isnt a fictional impossibility. politicians and billionaires lie to you every day.

Peter Gent said this:
          [["For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."]]

(((AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.))
          backwards logic by you. Theres no way in hell a business grows to billions unless you manipulate things to give the people what they think they want.
          If these games played out naturally, no QB would be able to last a decade and most games would boring and there would be no dynasties. Every week they illiterately say -Wow, the impossible just happened!..if its impossible it cant and never does happen. thats how stupid the public is now.
          Good luck with all of that.........

Comment

Peter Gent said this:

I'm one of those book learnin' guys, MBA from an Ivy League school and everything...can I ask a simple question?

Let's say that everything you say is true, and the entire system is rigged, top to bottom. What is the advantage to the owners to do this?

The answer must involve achieving a goal that cannot be achieved without rigging the system, and I can't see what it is (despite my education)
            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
              I'm one of those book learnin' guys, MBA from an Ivy League school and everything...can I ask a simple question?

Let's say that everything you say is true, and the entire system is rigged, top to bottom. What is the advantage to the owners to do this?

The answer must involve achieving a goal that cannot be achieved without rigging the system, and I can't see what it is (despite my education)
              May I add a question?

Let's say everything you say is true and the whole system is rugged from top to bottom. Why on earth would you have any interest in a football message board?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                May I add a question?

Let's say everything you say is true and the whole system is rugged from top to bottom. Why on earth would you have any interest in a football message board?
                I was very tempted, and still am, to ask for a breakdown of the final drive in SB 42 - for the Pats, who is on the payroll and who is not?
                Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  May I add a question?

That's what I asked a few pages ago...

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                    That's what I asked a few pages ago...
                    Frist he said it was rigged because of new stadium builds. When I asked to explain the Pats winning , he said the NFL is a copycat league. how that relates to stadium building I don't get.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.
                      They would absolutely have to be in on the ground floor of the conspiracy.

Never even been to the SB, except as hosts (in their shiny new stadium)

How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post
                        Frist he said it was rigged because of new stadium builds. When I asked to explain the Pats winning , he said the NFL is a copycat league. how that relates to stadium building I don't get.
                        lol you really have no reading comprehension or critical thinking skills obviously. I just gave a couple examples. Intelligent people with billions arent as one dimensional as your thought process. Where did I say its only one reason or one idea? Go back and read everything real slow.That might help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                          I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.

How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?
                          why does a team need to win just because you are fan of them when you're alive? they were allowed to own the 1950s to boost detroit economy and the auto industry. lol the Ford family uses the team as a tax write off. they make their billions elsewhere. The football team is just a toy.
                          they use sports to control your emotions as well. They obviously want detroit to be a depressing/depressed community.
                          but people are so stupid,they pay hundreds/thousands to go watch teams lose anyway. They get emotionally involved with 23 year old sweaty jocks who dont give a damn about any fans.
                          use your fricken brain..if you are 25 and getting anywhere from 900,000 to 2 million a year or what ever. You dont give a damn if you win a game. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Getting any chick I want etc etc.
                          Players are paid and allowed to stay if they do as told. They are paid to play,not win.
                          isnt it just amazing that the players they designate as stars are able to last 10/15 years and do commercials all the time? how can they be so lucky that.
                          you want to know whos making the playoffs? just see who does more commercials or gets mentioned in media more. Its simple,these are jock actors.

Eli's so called scandal is just made up tabloid junk that never happened. Its all for tv and distraction.

Comment

I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

May I make a suggestion to all my MB friends who are trying to combat these ridiculous claims with logic?.......Don't bother.
                            I say this as someone who also challenged this fine but misguided young man with logic.

When you are willing to twist anything to fit your point of view, logic and reason are powerless to counter it. There is nothing that will convince him of anything. You could find indisputable facts to prove your position and he would still argue his view.

Just let him ramble and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram29jackson View Post
                              why does a team need to win just because you are fan of them when you're alive? they were allowed to own the 1950s to boost detroit economy and the auto industry. lol the Ford family uses the team as a tax write off. they make their billions elsewhere. The football team is just a toy.
                              they use sports to control your emotions as well. They obviously want detroit to be a depressing/depressed community.
                              but people are so stupid,they pay hundreds/thousands to go watch teams lose anyway. They get emotionally involved with 23 year old sweaty jocks who dont give a damn about any fans.
                              use your fricken brain..if you are 25 and getting anywhere from 900,000 to 2 million a year or what ever. You dont give a damn if you win a game. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Getting any chick I want etc etc.
                              Players are paid and allowed to stay if they do as told. They are paid to play,not win.
                              isnt it just amazing that the players they designate as stars are able to last 10/15 years and do commercials all the time? how can they be so lucky that.
                              you want to know whos making the playoffs? just see who does more commercials or gets mentioned in media more. Its simple,these are jock actors.

Eli's so called scandal is just made up tabloid junk that never happened. Its all for tv and distraction.
                              So I need a clear understanding.

The Ford family owns the Lions, but doesn't care about how they do because they make their money elsewhere.

If they are not being compensated for owning the team, then why bother to participate in a conspiracy? Here's what keeps conspiracies working: uniformity of purpose and a continuing payoff.

Your position seems to be that it's a toy to them, but a toy they seem to be absolutely unconcerned with enjoying to the fullest (by winning a SB). Again, why bother?
                              Your belief that they receive a tax write off for this is an indicator that you neither understand how the tax system works, nor how much money the Lions made last year...I cannot help you with those matters.

Detroit was decimated in the last decade, as was the workforce for the Fords...why would they not want the storybook SB, that would focus attention on Detroit and lead to a rebirth? If you had that power and didn't use it, you would be an idiot. But you answer - they want what is not in their own best interest.

You see how you shift he ultimate motivation and goals of the conspiracy to fit the facts on the ground, right?

Comment

So I need a clear understanding.

The Ford family owns the Lions, but doesn't care about how they do because they make their money elsewhere.

If they are not being compensated for owning the team, then why bother to participate in a conspiracy? Here's what keeps conspiracies working: uniformity of purpose and a continuing payoff.

Your position seems to be that it's a toy to them, but a toy they seem to be absolutely unconcerned with enjoying to the fullest (by winning a SB). Again, why bother?
                                Your belief that they receive a tax write off for this is an indicator that you neither understand how the tax system works, nor how much money the Lions made last year...I cannot help you with those matters.

Detroit was decimated in the last decade, as was the workforce for the Fords...why would they not want the storybook SB, that would focus attention on Detroit and lead to a rebirth? If you had that power and didn't use it, you would be an idiot. But you answer - they want what is not in their own best interest.

You see how you shift he ultimate motivation and goals of the conspiracy to fit the facts on the ground, right?
                                I'm telling you...You're wasting your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X