Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Should not be allowed to carry over as much cap space as they have been doing. Two crappy non competitive teams are holding out on money that they will have to spend eventually, but they are screwing over the competitive teams that manage their cap space wisely.

Browns have $105 million in cap space... I think that is ridiculous and cheapens free agency. I think they need to cap the amount of carryover and penalize these teams for being cheapskates. I'm pretty sure what they earn in their markets has nothing to do with it since the NFL pays small market teams to level the playing field.....Or just move those darn teams...

I will give the Jags some credit as they seem to be building a wicked young defense, so at least they have some semblance of a plan and TC knows what he's doing so I expect them to start spending.

End Rant

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
    Should not be allowed to carry over as much cap space as they have been doing. Two crappy non competitive teams are holding out on money that they will have to spend eventually, but they are screwing over the competitive teams that manage their cap space wisely.

Browns have $105 million in cap space... I think that is ridiculous and cheapens free agency. I think they need to cap the amount of carryover and penalize these teams for being cheapskates. I'm pretty sure what they earn in their markets has nothing to do with it since the NFL pays small market teams to level the playing field.....Or just move those darn teams...

I will give the Jags some credit as they seem to be building a wicked young defense, so at least they have some semblance of a plan and TC knows what he's doing so I expect them to start spending.

End Rant
    There is a cap but there is also a floor. I think your point is meaningless. These teams need players and need the cap space.
    The NFL isn't in the business of defining "crap teams".
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      There is a cap but there is also a floor. I think your point is meaningless. These teams need players and need the cap space.
      NFL players are grossly underpaid...So for a team to be holding out on paying people, means even less money to go around...

When they steal all the FA's, jokes on you

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
        NFL players are grossly underpaid...So for a team to be holding out on paying people, means even less money to go around...

When they steal all the FA's, jokes on you
        If you think NFL players are grossly underpaid......The joke is on YOU.

Comment

How can they put food on the table of their 8 kids/gfs if they have to pay 3 mortgages and keep all 7 of their cars washed while rocking $100k bling?
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            How can they put food on the table of their 8 kids/gfs if they have to pay 3 mortgages and keep all 7 of their cars washed while rocking $100k bling?
            Excellent point.

Comment

When you consider how much the NFL pulls in per year, a lot of the players are. The rookies in particular get ripped off, as many enter their prime during their first contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                When you consider how much the NFL pulls in per year, a lot of the players are. The rookies in particular get ripped off, as many enter their prime during their first contract.
                Should it be the way it was before the rookie pay scale where guys like Jamarcus Russell get an absolutely ridiculous contract before he even takes a single snap in the NFL (more than some proven stars at the time) and then completely bust out of the NFL? 68 million dollar contract, 32 million guaranteed for being a failure.

Prove yourself and you get your big pay day
                Last edited by BleedBlue15; 03-06-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  All pro athletes are overpaid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    That could be said about any athlete in any sport. Most of them just don't know how to manage their money. Most of them come from poor families where everyone has their hands out as well. They're just not used to being around that kind of money. We sit on here and whine when these athletes self brand and try to be more of a business. Those types of players actually end up better off at the end.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                      Should it be the way it was before the rookie pay scale where guys like Jamarcus Russell get an absolutely ridiculous contract before he even takes a single snap in the NFL (more than some proven stars at the time) and then completely bust out of the NFL? 68 million dollar contract, 32 million guaranteed for being a failure.

Prove yourself and you get your big pay day
                      I agree 100%. The rookie pay scale is fine with me.
                      sigpic

Comment

All pro athletes are overpaid.
                        Even Nassib made millions of dollars for holding a clipboard for 4 years.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                          Even Nassib made millions of dollars for holding a clipboard for 4 years.
                          I'm sure that poster was suggesting that NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. Which is true. But the blanket statement that they are underpaid is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                            That could be said about any athlete in any sport. Most of them just don't know how to manage their money. Most of them come from poor families where everyone has their hands out as well. They're just not used to being around that kind of money. We sit on here and whine when these athletes self brand and try to be more of a business. Those types of players actually end up better off at the end.
                            Yes. Every athlete with the exception of minor leaguers are paid well to play a game. Not our faults they can't manage their money properly. The lowest paid are still making way more than me. Apply yourself and learn how to survive. Darwinism. If you can't adjust and adapt, it's your own fault. I would love to get paid a leagues minimum wage to play a game.

As for those who make it a business and brand themselves. Fine. But don't act shocked and upset when you are called out on it by fans who are struggling to put food on the table.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Off subject of Browns/Jags. But Cap excess being carried forward question related to the Giant's.

If I remember correctly at the end of FA/ signing UDFAs & their Draft Picks the Giants had in excess of 18M left still to spend towards end of Pre Season which left a lot of us shaking our heads as to why they didn't bring in a guys like Jake Long or others on prove it deals to see if they could help the Line..

But they sat on it, correct?? So did that 18 or so Million carry forward to be added to this year's Cap #??

If that was the case and they only had 34/35M to start the new year before the 17M allocation to Tag JPP. Does that mean they only had 16/17M to start with before adding in last year's carry over?? If that's the case how were the Giants so low and pretty much always so low ( outside of last year ) in comparison to other teams??

Seems some of these teams like Jags and Browns are always making huge splashes in FA and always have tons of Cap Space year in year out. How is that possible
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X