Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFC East Draft Results: How Did Your Team Fare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkinsLifer View Post
    Check this out. A civil discussion in the "Smack Talk" section. Where's Freebird when you need him?
    Yes he it JR would come up in here with their usual smack for sure lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Check this out. A civil discussion in the "Smack Talk" section. Where's Freebird when you need him?
      Freebird will show up when it's time to sing another chorus of 'Choke Eagles Choke'...I mean 'Fly Pigeons Fly.'
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        Webb could be the guy or maybe somebody they get next year but definitely not to soon to start thinking about it. He gets hurt in next year or two and u use Geno or Johnson Season and all its promise probably dead. However like Dallas maybe u strike gold on a pick
        Exactly. And I'd rather have a rookie in Webb than Geno Smith. While Geno has actually won some NFL games I've seen enough from him to know that I don't want the Giants to ever have to rely on Geno Smith for anything.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
          he has more than that,,,best arm in the draft,,mobile,,makes big time NFL throws now,,,flicks the ball 60 yards with accuracy and with ease,,,a coach's son and a film rat...i like him. teams always take a chance on talent,,,look at gregory.
          Even if I agreed with this *****sment of his talent, pretty much every QB that's being seriously considered for the draft can make throws and has some talent. That stuff is a pre-requisite-- base line stuff to work with.

I don't want to just crap all over this selection because this is the fun time of year where we all get to enjoy new players, so I won't any more than saying I just don't like this selection for the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
            Even if I agreed with this *****sment of his talent, pretty much every QB that's being seriously considered for the draft can make throws and has some talent. That stuff is a pre-requisite-- base line stuff to work with.

I don't want to just crap all over this selection because this is the fun time of year where we all get to enjoy new players, so I won't any more than saying I just don't like this selection for the Giants.
            A little off topic but are you and other fans concerned about your oline? I know the fans did not like Free but I think Green may be worse and Collins is not on Leary's level yet. All of the Giants know how one weak piece can screw up the entire line. I'm not sure the Cowboys line will be dominate this year; still really good but not overly dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
              A little off topic but are you and other fans concerned about your oline? I know the fans did not like Free but I think Green may be worse and Collins is not on Leary's level yet. All of the Giants know how one weak piece can screw up the entire line. I'm not sure the Cowboys line will be dominate this year; still really good but not overly dominate.
              I think that line will still be good​ enough seeing the guys on their​ bench were better then most of our starters
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

As for my team, Trent Williams is a stud at LT, and they signed Morgan Moses to a multi-year extension at RT. They also have a good backup swing tackle in Ty Nsekhe. Brandon Scherff is strong at RG, Center is fine, but needs depth and LG will have competition. That, plus Callahan as O-Line coach - I'm not worried about that unit.

Comment

As for my team, Trent Williams is a stud at LT, and they signed Morgan Moses to a multi-year extension at RT. They also have a good backup swing tackle in Ty Nsekhe. Brandon Scherff is strong at RG, Center is fine, but needs depth and LG will have competition. That, plus Callahan as O-Line coach - I'm not worried about that unit.
                  Our team has a backup center they don't use much, care to trade for one of yours on that unit?

Comment

Thereís always concern with change, but until I see something I donít like itís hard to get too worried about them.

Green was a better player than Free last year. During the pre-season, he looked terrible because of his terrible conditioning, but that was a byproduct of his biggest problemódurability. He likely wonít make it through the season without missing time.

We still donít really know how the OL is going to shape up. Theyíve got Collins, Green, Byron Bell, and Jonathan Cooper to fill LG and RT. Collins and Bell can play both positions, so there are a lot of different combinations to considerÖ and thatís not even considering that Martin can play tackle, too.

Iíd be willing to bet, though that it ends up being Tyron-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Bell. Health permitting, I feel pretty good about that combo.

Comment

^ Funny how some of our fans defend the difficulty of building a cohesive O-line, and state how so many other teams have the same or worse issue - yet the other teams in our division seem all set, there.

Comment

There’s always concern with change, but until I see something I don’t like it’s hard to get too worried about them.

Green was a better player than Free last year. During the pre-season, he looked terrible because of his terrible conditioning, but that was a byproduct of his biggest problem—durability. He likely won’t make it through the season without missing time.

We still don’t really know how the OL is going to shape up. They’ve got Collins, Green, Byron Bell, and Jonathan Cooper to fill LG and RT. Collins and Bell can play both positions, so there are a lot of different combinations to consider… and that’s not even considering that Martin can play tackle, too.

I’d be willing to bet, though that it ends up being Tyron-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Bell. Health permitting, I feel pretty good about that combo.
                        gotcha

Comment

gotcha
                          Aaaaand I'm already wrong, haha.

Collins is getting work at RT.

Not a big fan of that move, but we'll see.

Even if the combo sucks it would be kind of fun to say 5 first round talents on the OL if Cooper takes LG.
                          Last edited by Ntegrase96; 05-09-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Aaaaand I'm already wrong, haha.

Collins is getting work at RT.

Not a big fan of that move, but we'll see.

Even if the combo sucks it would be kind of fun to say 5 first round talents on the OL if Cooper takes LG.
                            Lol

Messing w the line like that could be troublesome but guess we'll find out soon enough

Comment

Lol

Messing w the line like that could be troublesome but guess we'll find out soon enough
                              The O-line is the least of my worries, they/it will be fine . In fact I think the whole offense will be at least as good as last year. Free was a beast in the run blocking game but then that is La'el Collins strength too. Green filled in well for Smith last year for 2 games and as mentioned above the issue with him is not talent but staying healthy.

A super young secondary will be the Cows weakness.

Comment

Working...
                              X