Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFC East Draft Results: How Did Your Team Fare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC East Draft Results: How Did Your Team Fare?

The Redskins had glaring needs on defense going into the 2017 season. They lost Chris Baker and Ricky-Jean Francois, and replaced them with Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee at DL. They also added former 1st round pick Phil Taylor at NT, Zach Brown at LB and DJ Swearinger at S.

With 10 Draft picks, they selected:

1st: Jonathan Allen DL Alabama - He's the guy you mock at #17, and everyone reminds you that he'll be long gone.
    2nd: Ryan Anderson OLB: Alabama - Some said he was a reach, but I personally love the way he plays. No problem here.
    3rd: Fabian Moreau CB UCLA - Big, physical press corner. I wanted Dalvin Tomlinson here for the Bama Trifecta
    4th: Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma - Love the pick. Mixon without the baggage. He will move the chains and bust some big runs
    4th: Montae Nicholson S Mich State: I'm not going to lie, this one was a head-scratcher. But coaches loved his measurables
    5th: Jeremy Sprinkle, TE Arkansas: Regarded by some as the best blocking TE in the draft.
    6th: Chase Roullier, C Wyoming: Raw talent, but OC coach Callahan likes him. I was worried about having only one center on the roster.
    6th: Robert Davis, WR Georgia State - 6'3", 220lbs and pretty fast. Excellent hands.
    7th: Josh Harvey-Clemons S/LB Louisville - If he can stay off the weed, he has been comapred to Kam Chancellor
    7th: Josh Holsey CB Auburn - Smallish slot corner. They like his competitiveness. But it's also pick 235

Not a bad haul that also addressed several team needs. I give it a B+

Originally posted by SkinsLifer View Post
    The Redskins had glaring needs on defense going into the 2017 season. They lost Chris Baker and Ricky-Jean Francois, and replaced them with Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee at DL. They also added former 1st round pick Phil Taylor at NT, Zach Brown at LB and DJ Swearinger at S.

With 10 Draft picks, they selected:

1st: Jonathan Allen DL Alabama - He's the guy you mock at #17, and everyone reminds you that he'll be long gone.
    2nd: Ryan Anderson OLB: Alabama - Some said he was a reach, but I personally love the way he plays. No problem here.
    3rd: Fabian Moreau CB UCLA - Big, physical press corner. I wanted Dalvin Tomlinson here for the Bama Trifecta
    4th: Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma - Love the pick. Mixon without the baggage. He will move the chains and bust some big runs
    4th: Montae Nicholson S Mich State: I'm not going to lie, this one was a head-scratcher. But coaches loved his measurables
    5th: Jeremy Sprinkle, TE Arkansas: Regarded by some as the best blocking TE in the draft.
    6th: Chase Roullier, C Wyoming: Raw talent, but OC coach Callahan likes him. I was worried about having only one center on the roster.
    6th: Robert Davis, WR Georgia State - 6'3", 220lbs and pretty fast. Excellent hands.
    7th: Josh Harvey-Clemons S/LB Louisville - If he can stay off the weed, he has been comapred to Kam Chancellor
    7th: Josh Holsey CB Auburn - Smallish slot corner. They like his competitiveness. But it's also pick 235

Not a bad haul that also addressed several team needs. I give it a B+
    Hey my man how is the off season treating you? You guys had a very very good draft. Top two from Bama. Jonathan Allen falling to you is going to be a Godsend. Absolute Beast. I would not worry about the shoulder issue. He will be fine for 4-6 years according to the docs before he would need anything done. Have you seen this guy dominate over past two years in SEC for BAMA?

Ryan Anderson!!!!! Great L.Backer for Bama. Great Kid. He graduated from the same HS my kids went to (Daphne HS) and all 3 of my kids know him well even though my kids graduated a lot earlier we all go to Friday Night Lights down here in the South and we all know his family and they kept in touch on FB.. The Kid is going to be a steal for you.

Perine is a guy many on here wanted so bad for the Giants to Draft so were WELL Aware of him. Alfred Morris 2. .. Lots of other good picks i think

Giants Got TE/WR Evan Engram out of Ole Miss with the First pick. Absolute matchup nightmare for LBackers and DBs to cover. The kid can line up anywhere and is not your normal TE at 6'4 and 235 and can jump out of the gym. He is compared to your Jordan Reed who gives the Giants fits to cover. But on the side by side simocast where they put two guys together and see how they compare in the 40- Engram blew him away. Much faster at 4.42 and had a 4.37 on proday. He had the fastest time of any TE at the Combine and was faster then all but 3 WRs.

Giants also got a Beast Lineman from Bama in D. Tomlinson to take Hankins spot at DT. MONSTER..

The Webb Pick at #3 shocked all of us. We kinda sort think its another wasted pick like Nassib with Eli probably having 3-4 years left but could be a Steal cause he was rated in the top 5 QBs. I would of rather waited and got a LB there and took Chad Kelly like Denver did with the last pick.

Gallman RB from Clemson with the 4th pick. Good workhorse and will help us in short yardage situations which we sucked at last year.

Got a DE Avery Moss in 5th for Depth and and then Traded up in the 6th giving up their 7th pick to finally get some O LIne help in Adam Bisnowaty out of Pitt

Pretty good overall I think but he had Ruben Foster sitting there in the First and many other good LBs like Cunningham and other sitting there in other rounds and passed. And its a need. He never drafts them but got a few in the UDFA signings. Also I am glad he did not reach in a weak OT class and get someone just for the sake of getting someone. Still time to make a FA signing or two for depth and pick up something good off the CUTs to shore the line up a bit better. But the speed of Engram will help Eli when he has to get ball out quick . Ellison TE the FA signing will help with his Blindside and be the FB we did not have last year.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Oh here is that Simucam I told you about with Jordan Reed & Engram

https://imgur.com/t/football/35Q0g9E
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        Hey my man how is the off season treating you? You guys had a very very good draft. Top two from Bama. Jonathan Allen falling to you is going to be a Godsend. Absolute Beast. I would not worry about the shoulder issue. He will be fine for 4-6 years according to the docs before he would need anything done. Have you seen this guy dominate over past two years in SEC for BAMA?

Ryan Anderson!!!!! Great L.Backer for Bama. Great Kid. He graduated from the same HS my kids went to (Daphne HS) and all 3 of my kids know him well even though my kids graduated a lot earlier we all go to Friday Night Lights down here in the South and we all know his family and they kept in touch on FB.. The Kid is going to be a steal for you.

Perine is a guy many on here wanted so bad for the Giants to Draft so were WELL Aware of him. Alfred Morris 2. .. Lots of other good picks i think

Giants Got TE/WR Evan Engram out of Ole Miss with the First pick. Absolute matchup nightmare for LBackers and DBs to cover. The kid can line up anywhere and is not your normal TE at 6'4 and 235 and can jump out of the gym. He is compared to your Jordan Reed who gives the Giants fits to cover. But on the side by side simocast where they put two guys together and see how they compare in the 40- Engram blew him away. Much faster at 4.42 and had a 4.37 on proday. He had the fastest time of any TE at the Combine and was faster then all but 3 WRs.

Giants also got a Beast Lineman from Bama in D. Tomlinson to take Hankins spot at DT. MONSTER..

The Webb Pick at #3 shocked all of us. We kinda sort think its another wasted pick like Nassib with Eli probably having 3-4 years left but could be a Steal cause he was rated in the top 5 QBs. I would of rather waited and got a LB there and took Chad Kelly like Denver did with the last pick.

Gallman RB from Clemson with the 4th pick. Good workhorse and will help us in short yardage situations which we sucked at last year.

Got a DE Avery Moss in 5th for Depth and and then Traded up in the 6th giving up their 7th pick to finally get some O LIne help in Adam Bisnowaty out of Pitt

Pretty good overall I think but he had Ruben Foster sitting there in the First and many other good LBs like Cunningham and other sitting there in other rounds and passed. And its a need. He never drafts them but got a few in the UDFA signings. Also I am glad he did not reach in a weak OT class and get someone just for the sake of getting someone. Still time to make a FA signing or two for depth and pick up something good off the CUTs to shore the line up a bit better. But the speed of Engram will help Eli when he has to get ball out quick . Ellison TE the FA signing will help with his Blindside and be the FB we did not have last year.
        You guys did really well. I really wanted Tomlinson along with Allen, but maybe that was overkill. Engram has the potential to be scary good. Great target for Eli.

I agree that Webb is a little bit of a head-scratcher. I think you could have done just as well developing Peterman.

Comment

You guys did really well. I really wanted Tomlinson along with Allen, but maybe that was overkill. Engram has the potential to be scary good. Great target for Eli.

I agree that Webb is a little bit of a head-scratcher. I think you could have done just as well developing Peterman.
          Yea many on here were hoping they would just wait a round or two and get Peterman. When your in a win now Mode you need someone that can come in and help right now not someone that wont play for 3 or 4 years. Rounds 1-4 you can usually get Starters and taking a QB in the 3rd round is a waste imo when there is 8 QBs coming out next year better then all the ones picked this year. STUPID

Did you watch that simocam? Of course he has too translate it to this Level what he did in College which Jordan Reed has already done being an All Pro

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

Yea many on here were hoping they would just wait a round or two and get Peterman. When your in a win now Mode you need someone that can come in and help right now not someone that wont play for 3 or 4 years. Rounds 1-4 you can usually get Starters and taking a QB in the 3rd round is a waste imo when there is 8 QBs coming out next year better then all the ones picked this year. STUPID

Did you watch that simocam? Of course he has too translate it to this Level what he did in College which Jordan Reed has already done being an All Pro
            I did watch the Simucam. Impressive. What makes Jordan Reed impressive is not so much speed, but very precise route running. He stops, pivots and cuts on a dime.

Comment

I did watch the Simucam. Impressive. What makes Jordan Reed impressive is not so much speed, but very precise route running. He stops, pivots and cuts on a dime.
              Yhis kid can do all that just has to transfer it to next level as i said.. couple him with Odell and shepard from last year and add Marshall and you got a WR/TE Core that will be very hard to stop. Before adding this guy the Defenses would already have to abort the Cover 2 D's they used on us last year with the addition of Marshall. No longer will Odell draw tons of double teams. And one of them will get the 2nd best Db. and the 3rd best will have to try and chase around Shepard. Good luck with that.

Now getting to the Draft. Did you see what Drew Pearson did to Rile up the Philly Fans LOL. Amazing.. It was awesome. And to a lesser Degree one of the Giants Greats Jesse Armistead Kept throwing in ever few words "THE WORLD CHAMPION NY GIANTS!!!" LOL. Loved it

But having it at that Venue was Genius. Red Carpet.. Just Great all around

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

Yhis kid can do all that just has to transfer it to next level as i said.. couple him with Odell and shepard from last year and add Marshall and you got a WR/TE Core that will be very hard to stop. Before adding this guy the Defenses would already have to abort the Cover 2 D's they used on us last year with the addition of Marshall. No longer will Odell draw tons of double teams. And one of them will get the 2nd best Db. and the 3rd best will have to try and chase around Shepard. Good luck with that.

Now getting to the Draft. Did you see what Drew Pearson did to Rile up the Philly Fans LOL. Amazing.. It was awesome. And to a lesser Degree one of the Giants Greats Jesse Armistead Kept throwing in ever few words "THE WORLD CHAMPION NY GIANTS!!!" LOL. Loved it

But having it at that Venue was Genius. Red Carpet.. Just Great all around
                Yeah, London Fletcher got in a few digs as well. I have to say it was a pretty impressive draft venue. Glad the weather held up for it.

Comment

Yeah, London Fletcher got in a few digs as well. I have to say it was a pretty impressive draft venue. Glad the weather held up for it.
                  Oh yea.. I forgot about him.. AWESOME. We were dying.... Loved it!!!!

So how did our Rivals do? Dallas and Eagles. What noteables did they pick up. I know Hassan Red**** out of Temple many on this board were really high on and wanted that Dallas Got.

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

For Philly the Derek Barnett pickup was interesting. Broke Reggie White's school records at Tennessee, and then got drafted by the Eagles.

Left tackle had better be stout.

Comment

For Philly the Derek Barnett pickup was interesting. Broke Reggie White's school records at Tennessee, and then got drafted by the Eagles.

Left tackle had better be stout.
                      perfect pick for the eagles...that dude was impressive in college... he has such incredible balance and always has his feet underneath him to be able to change directions or go from speed to power or vice versa in a split second...very impressive...reminded me of Lawrence Taylor the way he could do that

Comment

Ahhh, it's that time of year where every fan is excited about the prospects for their team, unless you're a Bears fan.

Comment

Ahhh, it's that time of year where every fan is excited about the prospects for their team, unless you're a Bears fan.
                          How dumb is it to move up one spot and give up three picks to get Trubisky.. SF was not going to take him and SF played them into thinking someone else like the Browns were going to come up to get him.. Never saw a need to move up one spot especially when the team in front of you is not going to pick that player

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

I am not going to rank from top to bottom, but I do think every NFCE team got better. If I had to pick the best draft(on paper), I give it to the Skins with Dall and Philthy about equal and NY just a tad below. We shall know in a couple of years......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post
                              I am not going to rank from top to bottom, but I do think every NFCE team got better. If I had to pick the best draft(on paper), I give it to the Skins with Dall and Philthy about equal and NY just a tad below. We shall know in a couple of years......
                              You might think twice about that when your chasing Engram all over the field and Tomlinson is stuffing Elliott, Gallman is now converting the big 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1s that were being stopped last year and FG's are turning into TDs down near the Goalline with Gallman and Engram

But I realize the DE, And OT are projects and the QB will never play so with that I would say you could be right overall judging the whole body of the drafts from top to bottom

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X