Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolando McClain Busted for Weed and Weapons in Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
    DId pretty good with his QB and RB too although the Zeke was a given. All teams struggle with player suspensions and Dallas is just in the middle of the pack statistically. I think things are turning around with Will McClay having more power with personnel.
    Zeke, I can agree he looks like he could have a good career. His biggest problem is; he has some maturity issues to workout. Dak is still up in the air if he is a viable replacement for TR. This year will be telling for him.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
      You give young men with too little sense and too much money...the story's been repeated many times over.
      Yea Dallas is not the only team to deal with guys having off field issues with drugs or DV keeping them from having great careers. Sometimes these kids just can't break the bad habits they learned from where they grew up.

      Giant's are no different with Will Hill a multiple offender before they got rid of him and who can forget our wife beating kicker who the team gave a vote of confidence before it blew up in their faces
      Last edited by miked1958; 05-19-2017, 05:51 PM.
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

      Comment


      • #18
        Geez ... let's see here

        Originally posted by jmike View Post
        I know all teams have off the field issues like this with some of their players. It seems though that Dallas is among the teams that have more than their own fair share of issues. Why is that?
        I answered that above and the answer is that they don't have more than their "fair share".

        https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/u...ests.html?_r=0

        The above website lists arrests on teams year 2000-2014. Oh my ... once you read these somewhat old stats but the latest compilation I can find I found ***GASP*** the NYG and Dallas have an equal number of player arrests. Both way below the league average but if you must ask about Dallas I must ask about New York . . . Why is that?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Yea Dallas is not the only team to deal with guys having off field issues with drugs or DV keeping them from having great careers. Sometimes these kids just can't break the bad habits they learned from where they grew up.

          Giant's are no different with Will Hill a multiple offender before they got rid of him and who can forget our wife beating kicker who the team gave a vote of confidence before it blew up in their faces
          At least there's someone here who can see without their world being tinted by Big Blue lens.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jmike View Post
            I know all teams have off the field issues like this with some of their players. It seems though that Dallas is among the teams that have more than their own fair share of issues. Why is that?
            It certainly may SEEM that way, but that's likely related to excessive media coverage.

            Currently you have Randy Gregory with weed, Jourdan Lewis with a pending he-said-she-said DV case, and that's really about it unless you want to lump in Zeke.

            Now that may be more than the average team, I'm not really sure. And that would be because Dallas is fully fine with taking risky players if the reward is there.

            McClain in particular was a super low risk that, despite being suspended a lot, was worth it. We traded a 6th rounder to Baltimore in exchange for McClain and a 7th, and he balled out in 2014 and helped us to a 12-4 record. Specifically making key plays closing out games @SEA and @NYG.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
              I answered that above and the answer is that they don't have more than their "fair share".

              https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/u...ests.html?_r=0

              The above website lists arrests on teams year 2000-2014. Oh my ... once you read these somewhat old stats but the latest compilation I can find I found ***GASP*** the NYG and Dallas have an equal number of player arrests. Both way below the league average but if you must ask about Dallas I must ask about New York . . . Why is that?
              Arrests not the only suspendable infractions.
              Dallas is in the top 10 in fines.
              The Giants are in the bottom 10 in fines.

              http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-sus...s/suspensions/


              Giants 14 suspensions with a total of 58 weeks of suspendable time
              Dallas 17 suspensions with a total of 88 + weeks of suspendable time. (McClain was suspend for a year and then indefinitely The data shows zeros for both)
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                http://nflarrest.com/arrest-o-meter.html

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
                  At least there's someone here who can see without their world being tinted by Big Blue lens.
                  Yea it goes both ways. In the end the bottom line is they are giving 22 year old kids millions of dollars and for some of them they can't handle it and as I said even the ones that can handle the sudden financial change they can't shake off their old had habits from their old neighborhoods and friends that they can never get away from and still have influence over them
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                  # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                  1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                  ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
                    I answered that above and the answer is that they don't have more than their "fair share".

                    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/u...ests.html?_r=0

                    The above website lists arrests on teams year 2000-2014. Oh my ... once you read these somewhat old stats but the latest compilation I can find I found ***GASP*** the NYG and Dallas have an equal number of player arrests. Both way below the league average but if you must ask about Dallas I must ask about New York . . . Why is that?
                    Your data is out of date.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Your data is out of date.
                      His data was a little out dated, but updated data doesn't really reflect a different outcome.

                      The Giants are 4th best in arrests since 2000, the Cowboys are 8th best-- Philly is better than both.

                      Arrests aren't everything, but are a decent indicator of serious off the field concerns. Neither team relatively troubled.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                        His data was a little out dated, but updated data doesn't really reflect a different outcome.

                        The Giants are 4th best in arrests since 2000, the Cowboys are 8th best-- Philly is better than both.

                        Arrests aren't everything, but are a decent indicator of serious off the field concerns. Neither team relatively troubled.
                        I was more referring to players dealing with suspensions and not arrests. Also, I was referring to how it seems, not necessarily how it is. The Cowboys have the perception of being more lenient with problem players. Is this the reality, or just a perception and why does this perception persist if it is not reality. They have 3 players right now dealling with league issues, Lewis, Gregory and McClain. Somebody had mentioned Elliott, but I was under the impression those issues were from Ohio State and not with the Cowboys. Of course taking a player high like that with known issues probably contributes to the perception as well.

                        The Giants have had quite a few issues both legally and with the league for as long as I have been a fan and yet continue to maintain the perception of an organization that doesn't tolerate these types of issues. Why is it different? Do the Giants really have that many fewer issue than the Cowboys (I doubt it)? It can't be the market and scrutiny because the Giants play in the biggest market in the NFL and the Cowboys are among the leagues most popular teams.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          Arrests not the only suspendable infractions.
                          Dallas is in the top 10 in fines.
                          The Giants are in the bottom 10 in fines.

                          http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-sus...s/suspensions/


                          Giants 14 suspensions with a total of 58 weeks of suspendable time
                          Dallas 17 suspensions with a total of 88 + weeks of suspendable time. (McClain was suspend for a year and then indefinitely The data shows zeros for both)
                          This was a really good link, but some of the data is flawed.

                          McClain's suspensions are accounted for. He was suspended for 4 games and then for 10 in separate years. The one where there are "0"s are odd. One of them they are listing a time frame in which he wasn't suspended; Dallas just didn't let him return to the team once his 10gm suspension was up.

                          So it's not really 17 suspensions like it lists. But then it's also not 14 for the Giants like it lists (Will Hill has a similar situation).

                          At any rate, it's hard to quantify character concerns. I don't know if I would include fines, since it looks like there are fines included for things like roughing the passer.

                          Suspensions are also not perfect as the commissioner has had a spotty record there. For instance, David Diehl was never suspended for his aggravated DWI while DeMarcus Lawrence was suspended 4 games for medicine prescribed by his doctor after his back surgery. And Josh Brown only got a 1 game suspension for what ended up being chronic abuse toward his wife-- which by the new rules is supposed to be a 6 game suspension minimum.

                          At any rate, the Giants seem to be a 'cleaner' organization because they don't take many risks on risky players, while the Cowboys are more willing.

                          Neither team seems to be an overtly bad outlier, IMO, but it's hard to say what that would even look like.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            I was more referring to players dealing with suspensions and not arrests. Also, I was referring to how it seems, not necessarily how it is. The Cowboys have the perception of being more lenient with problem players. Is this the reality, or just a perception and why does this perception persist if it is not reality. .
                            Well, you're entering into the realm of philosophy here. Perception is an individual trait to some degree. It is also influenced by media. Most sports media originates from the Northeast and moreso NY. Dallas is arguably the most popular team in the NFL so gets their more than fair share of negative press which in turn influences perception. Also for those fans that despise Dallas their hate will naturally influence their perception in a more pronounced way ... human nature for that.

                            Some perception is truth, some is twisted. It is a fact that Dallas takes chances with players with high football skillsets but character issues. The Raiders had this rep too. But the stats say that Dallas is not way ahead of the pack in team character issues but says just the opposite so maybe your personal perception is skewed. That's a question you'll have to answer to yourself and if you want to come clean then to the Board here.

                            Yeah, my stats were not totally up to date ... I said so in my post, but is the trend is the same or have they changed ?

                            Do you think Dallas is a team of thugs?
                            Last edited by Eagles R Guano; 05-22-2017, 01:57 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post
                              Well, you're entering into the realm of philosophy here. Perception is an individual trait to some degree. It is also influenced by media. Most sports media originates from the Northeast and moreso NY. Dallas is arguably the most popular team in the NFL so gets their more than fair share of negative press which in turn influences perception. Also for those fans that despise Dallas their hate will naturally influence their perception in a more pronounced way ... human nature for that.

                              Some perception is truth, some is twisted. It is a fact that Dallas takes chances with players with high football skillsets but character issues. The Raiders had this rep too. But the stats say that Dallas is not way ahead of the pack in team character issues but says just the opposite so maybe your personal perception is skewed. That's a question you'll have to answer to yourself and if you want to come clean then to the Board here.

                              Yeah, my stats were not totally up to date ... I said so in my post, but is the trend is the same or have they changed ?

                              Do you think Dallas is a team of thugs?
                              Yes, because I am the only person who holds this perception, it must be me. Even though I already stated that I don't hold with that perception. Also, I already stated that I don't buy the "more press" excuse as the Giants get as much media attention as the Cowboys do. Having lived in many places around the country, including Texas, I can say that with a fair level of confidence. Being a Giants fan and an Eagles hater, I have never been starved for information about the Giants no matter where I have lived while the only place I hear much about the Eagles is Philadelphia. Cowboys, Pats, Packers, Steelers, Raiders & Giants are teams that are getting press everywhere, every season, plus whatever teams are considered best in a given season.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                I was more referring to players dealing with suspensions and not arrests. Also, I was referring to how it seems, not necessarily how it is. The Cowboys have the perception of being more lenient with problem players. Is this the reality, or just a perception and why does this perception persist if it is not reality. They have 3 players right now dealling with league issues, Lewis, Gregory and McClain. Somebody had mentioned Elliott, but I was under the impression those issues were from Ohio State and not with the Cowboys. Of course taking a player high like that with known issues probably contributes to the perception as well.

                                The Giants have had quite a few issues both legally and with the league for as long as I have been a fan and yet continue to maintain the perception of an organization that doesn't tolerate these types of issues. Why is it different? Do the Giants really have that many fewer issue than the Cowboys (I doubt it)? It can't be the market and scrutiny because the Giants play in the biggest market in the NFL and the Cowboys are among the leagues most popular teams.
                                Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                Yes, because I am the only person who holds this perception, it must be me. Even though I already stated that I don't hold with that perception. Also, I already stated that I don't buy the "more press" excuse as the Giants get as much media attention as the Cowboys do. Having lived in many places around the country, including Texas, I can say that with a fair level of confidence. Being a Giants fan and an Eagles hater, I have never been starved for information about the Giants no matter where I have lived while the only place I hear much about the Eagles is Philadelphia. Cowboys, Pats, Packers, Steelers, Raiders & Giants are teams that are getting press everywhere, every season, plus whatever teams are considered best in a given season.
                                I went back and read all your three (3) posts in this thread prior to my post and failed to read where you stated you didn't buy the perception. I saw a lot of vague "it seems" or "the perception is" but nowhere do I see you stating that you did not believe nor hold that view (the Cowboys have more than their fair share of off the field issues). In fact your 1st post of the thread alluded to a belief system you seem to be putting out there. Here it is (again the vague "it seems"):

                                Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                I know all teams have off the field issues like this with some of their players. It seems though that Dallas is among the teams that have more than their own fair share of issues. Why is that?
                                So here are your 3 posts (excluding your attempt to tell me my data was not up to date after I had just stated that fact). Where does it state your position of not holding those perceptions about the Cowboys as truth?

                                The bottom line is the Cowboys are UNDER the league average. That perception is simply that ... a perception, not based on fact because the FACT is the Cowboys are, again, below the league average. Even though, it is good to know, now, that it seems your perception is the Cowboys are not a team with more than the league average in off the field issues. I guess you'll have to decide where that perception emanates from because it was never my perception nor anyone I communicate with. If you find the source of the perception(s) please enlighten us. Of course I gave the source as the North Eastern media which you twisted into "more" press while I alluded to "negative" press. Dallas gets negative press form a NY based sports media thus creating bias. "More" does NOT = "negative".

                                My curiosity is now aroused.
                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X