Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A noticeable double standard regarding Giants, their fans and their "confidence"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A noticeable double standard regarding Giants, their fans and their "confidence"

[quote user="PatPatson"][quote user="NYCDBS"][quote user="PatPatson"][quote user="NYCDBS"]I'll tell you why he's nervous.... He is scared to death of the implications of losing tomorrow. The pats haven't won anything since spygate they need this win for validation. That whole "dynasty" is tainted. Too bad, its not going to happen on our watch...[/quote]

Ok, so when Chris Canty responded to Brady's comments was he being nervous?

By your logic he's being nervous too.

Personally, I see it as Canty getting pissy and lashing out over what brady said. He can do that, but he looks no more or less nervous than I purportedly do.[/quote]

What??? Can you read? How does my logic parallel Canty being nervous?[/quote]

*******, No, the Pats and their fans need this win for CLOSURE. Not validation. A win tomorrow will ensure "The Giants were the Patriots daddy, and were for 4 years, then when they got too big for their britches and got quite obnoxious and ****y, they ended up losing a game that THEY themselves ands the WORLD guaranteed they would win...and they lost it with everyone wanting them to win, thinking they would win and most of their fanbase filling up said venue".

it'd be a prologue to SB42.[/quote]

Wow You just summed yourself up in a tidy little paragraph there buddy. That's not something most people can do and I wouldn't regard that as an especially noteworthy accomplishment...

However I would like to ask you this how do fans in New England view the patriots championships with spygate looming over them? Do you accept the fact that your coaching staff cheated and just not care? Or do you understand what it means to Cheat and acknowledge that your championships shouldn't be held in the same esteem as others?

Comment

Re: A noticeable double standard regarding Giants, their fans and their "confidence"

Tuck Rule

Pats shouldn't have even won that 2nd SB.

Comment

[quote user="PatPatson"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="PatPatson"]GMen869007,

"if i was a NE fan i'd be scared and looking for excuses too tho so don't worry bout it"

That's what had to do with 4 years ago. Since that lucky duke, you and your breathren have been acting all tough and perfect.

Sass from trash won't be tolerated, and you can't use living in NYC as an excuse.

Plaxico Burress predicted the Patriots would only score 14 points, and then Brady (who had 3 rings prior--show a little respect?) shot back and scoffed at that arrogance, Burress got mad like a little *****.

And so did the rest of you.

And it's ludicrous that a guy like Burress who can wear sweatpants at a strip club and let his concealed weapon go off and shot himself not long after that "brilliant victory in the desert" can strut around like he's the greatest player ever.

Yes, the Giants did win in Foxborough, by 4 points. That's called semantics. The Patriots beat the Giants in a regular season game sometime in the 90s. By your logic they should have won 4 years ago too.

Good for David Tyree, but being the answer to a trivia question isn't the most noble of reputations.[/quote]

this guys a walking double standard. the giants won in foxboro 4 yrs ago and he claims thats irrelevant but then says our win in 07 SB was luck...

what gives with this guy? he's so worried he can't think straight.

and did you really say that if you guys were to win tmrw it'd be revenge for 07 and our loss would be as bad as the pats loss back then?

are u serious? we're a 9-7 team whose had more injuries than any other team besides the lions who went 0-16. we've made it to the SB on the backs of a few players.

we're young, regardless of win or lose tmrw, giants are gonna be a legit contender for a while.

the dynasty starts tmrew and this time we dont got a guy on our roster to shoot it all away ltierally.

giants have the better team, i can understand all these pats fans looking for any sort of excuse and reasoning for a loss.[/quote]

Why no respect for the Patriots. Tom Brady had 3 rings. Doesn't make him God, but if one of the players is saying "Brady's not God", it shows that the talk about how great Brady is is getting his panties in a bunch.

He has a right to express it, but when it's to a global audience, you have to BACK it up.

Time will tell tomorrow.

Remember, if the Giants lose, Coughlin and Eli one Super bowl loss. Brady and Belichick one super bowl loss.[/quote]Well 2 Rings.... Lol us Giants fans don't think beating the eagles is worthy of getting a SB ring. Maybe a gum ball machine ring, but certainly not a SB ring. Lol
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="PatPatson"]With all the talking done (and the Patriots are not innocent of this, but hey listen up) but with all the talking down by Canty and others this past week.

A lot of trash talk, why is it called confidence.

But if the Patriots or their fans do it its ****iness.

Oh, and Michael Strahan looks like Predator.[/quote]
          Do u think this troll will be man enough to come back after we Whip their butts? Check out the Sig cause this game is not going to be close
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

I really doubt any of them come back. To embarrassing for em

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

[quote user="PatPatson"]Look, you're a jackass and your significant other's a *****.[/quote]

Comment

this guy has the mental aptitude of a snapple bottle.

he really expected to come to A GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD and see us going "awe man we're going to lose"...he's grasping for anything and i do mean anything to feel better about losing. kinda like BB cutting a wr the night before the game for a PS dlineman in hopes of somehow stopping our offense.

BB is very worried about his d vs our o.

Comment

[quote user="PatPatson"]And should the Patriots win tomorrow, it WILL be revenge for SB 42.

With the world picking and rooting for you guys, it rivals that loss for the Patriots if you guys lose. I'm dead serious.[/quote]

Nah, we're not 18-0 going into the game...

Comment

[quote user="PatPatson"]Alright, a lucky play in the desert four years ago, if I were a fan of that team, I'd act all high and mighty like I was Hercules too.

Swagger can be poisonous. And what goes around comes around.

The Giants aren't immune to karma, hate to break it to you.[/quote]

Says the guy whose team won 3 Super Bowls each by Adam Vinatieri field goals and is "the best team evar".

And please give the "lucky" thing a rest. The ball didn't get stuck in Tyree's face mask, he CAUGHT it. I'd say lucky is taking the lead with 2:32 to go because COREY WEBSTER SLIPPED AND FELL.

I don't like the talking either, FWIW. But I guess you guys aren't used to having someone KNOW they can beat you. And deep down it scares you.
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="PatPatson"]I'm offended that Burress got offended for crying like a ***** when he said "yeah they'll score 14 points".[/quote]

Actually he said it would be 21-17. He gave you too much credit.
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Um, throwing a random quote (albeit it was very funny and to the point, and kind of on the money) from one pundit makes it sound like you're saying "Well, this person said this so there!".

You sprinkled salt in what open wound you piece of trash?

Mr. Tough guy. Like anyone would ever show you any compassion, don't tell me you're married.

if you want to rub a little salt in my open wound, then you need more in your life. And a better wife.

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="PatPatson"]Alright, a lucky play in the desert four years ago, if I were a fan of that team, I'd act all high and mighty like I was Hercules too.

Swagger can be poisonous. And what goes around comes around.

The Giants aren't immune to karma, hate to break it to you.[/quote]

Says the guy whose team won 3 Super Bowls each by Adam Vinatieri field goals and is "the best team evar".*

And please give the "lucky" thing a rest.* The ball didn't get stuck in Tyree's face mask, he CAUGHT it.* I'd say lucky is taking the lead with 2:32 to go because COREY WEBSTER SLIPPED AND FELL.

I don't like the talking either, FWIW.* But I guess you guys aren't used to having someone KNOW they can beat you.* And deep down it scares you.
                          [/quote]

Ok, that's overanalyzing. I know what you're trying to do. Won't work.

And you ought to do your homework. The SB the pats beat Philly was not decided on a field goal. The first two were.

No one said they were the greatest team ever, so get the stick out of your ***. You obviously have a vitriol for the team to be spewing mockery at them.

But last I checked, winning 3 Super bowls in a then five year span isn't nothing. Just because you have a personal vendetta against the team, don't mean what they did is nothing.

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="PatPatson"]And should the Patriots win tomorrow, it WILL be revenge for SB 42.

With the world picking and rooting for you guys, it rivals that loss for the Patriots if you guys lose. I'm dead serious.[/quote]

Nah, we're not 18-0 going into the game...[/quote]

Right you are sir. You're 9-7, and partially here because a 23 year old kid has butter fingers and succumbed to pressure.

Oh and the Pats got lucky too, settle down hot shot. I could sense you going from 6 to midnight all the way from here waiting to get that situation in there.

You might want to freshen up from the stench of dried yolk from all the egg in your face when 97 percent of planet Earth is picking and heavily expecting your club to win the damn game this evening, including Hollywood, all of NFL Network and the 80 percent of Giants fans that will be filling up the attendance on site. And you lose the damn thing.

And Eli and Couglin will each have their first Super bowl loss, like Brady and Belichick did in '07.

Alot of pressure, especially when your team already is talking like the Pats are mere foils.

But where would we be with out our hypocrisy right, Giant Boy?

Comment

[quote user="NYCDBS"][quote user="PatPatson"][quote user="NYCDBS"][quote user="PatPatson"][quote user="NYCDBS"]I'll tell you why he's nervous.... He is scared to death of the implications of losing tomorrow. The pats haven't won anything since spygate they need this win for validation. That whole "dynasty" is tainted. Too bad, its not going to happen on our watch...[/quote]

Ok, so when Chris Canty responded to Brady's comments was he being nervous?

By your logic he's being nervous too.

Personally, I see it as Canty getting pissy and lashing out over what brady said. He can do that, but he looks no more or less nervous than I purportedly do.[/quote]

What??? Can you read? How does my logic parallel Canty being nervous?[/quote]

*******, No, the Pats and their fans need this win for CLOSURE. Not validation. A win tomorrow will ensure "The Giants were the Patriots daddy, and were for 4 years, then when they got too big for their britches and got quite obnoxious and ****y, they ended up losing a game that THEY themselves ands the WORLD guaranteed they would win...and they lost it with everyone wanting them to win, thinking they would win and most of their fanbase filling up said venue".

it'd be a prologue to SB42.[/quote]

Wow You just summed yourself up in a tidy little paragraph there buddy. That's not something most people can do and I wouldn't regard that as an especially noteworthy accomplishment...

However I would like to ask you this how do fans in New England view the patriots championships with spygate looming over them? Do you accept the fact that your coaching staff cheated and just not care? Or do you understand what it means to Cheat and acknowledge that your championships shouldn't be held in the same esteem as others?[/quote]

The Dynasty's not tainted, *******. And Spygate is a thing of the past. You;re just grasping for straws.

And you can make as big a deal about whatever you want, you'd just come off like the New York Post. Looking for any imperfection to spin in your direction and to make others look bad to placate your own egos and sense of "justice".

Wow. Just, wow. No wonder the world hates New York sports

Comment

bbbb[quote user="giantsfan420"]this guy has the mental aptitude of a snapple bottle.

he really expected to come to A GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD and see us going "awe man we're going to lose"...he's grasping for anything and i do mean anything to feel better about losing. kinda like BB cutting a wr the night before the game for a PS dlineman in hopes of somehow stopping our offense.

The greatest coach in NFL history, as imperfect as he is, will be ready. So will Tom "Will I stay or will I go" Coughlin.

And dude, enough with the cut player thing. It was a **** move. Not cool. So?

When you work for that organization or collect a paycheck then it';ll be your place to care.

You criticize that move, coming from a fan of a team that its coach always has to jump thru hoops to appease management.

When you lose, will Tom be up for an AFC job?

Seriously, Coughlin's a tremendous coach, he gets treated worse than a book at a public rest stop

BB is very worried about his d vs our o.[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                                X