X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humiliating

[quote user="NovaGGiants"]

That was a terrible game and the giants didn't deserve that win at all. I'm a HUGE giants fan, but that was a disgrace of a game. Ugh. Sorry, venting. If thats a flash of things to possibly come then this is going to be a long second half of the season.

[/quote]

I agree - lucky they were playing an 0-7 team or they probably lose.

Comment

fbomb, are you serious?!!? yeah, we held them to 10 pts, yeah we won...but to imply that this victory was satisfactory because it was a "W"(simplify it...duh, so your 2 yr old can understand it...duh...real classy), you are un-real. eli fires a BULLET to a wide open receiver in the end zone, that ends in a FG...you could have under handed that ball over the line, and it would have been a TD. so we settle for a FG. then a gift FG at the half...and we won by 3...wow...i'm impressed cuz a W is a W...please. missed tackles all over the place...absolutely horrible play calling!!! they ran the ball well (lets forget about the jacobs fumble that we were lucky enough to recover...or it could have gotten REAL interesting), i don't know how ANYBODY can be happy (?) because...a W is a W...totally un-impressed. wierd to say this, but at least the kick return game seemed to be improved. maybe the weather conditions helped in that respect...overall, nothing to be impressed about. anyone notice, that we ran the ball well, but so did miami?!?! with a backup runningback!!! come on ...let's be real. a W is a W but this was ugly, with a capital UG!

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NYfacade"][quote user="NovaGGiants"][quote user="common sense"][quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NovaGGiants"]

That was a terrible game and the giants didn't deserve that win at all. I'm a HUGE giants fan, but that was a disgrace of a game. Ugh. Sorry, venting. If thats a flash of things to possibly come then this is going to be a long second half of the season.

[/quote]

umm.......when the game ended, we had more points = We deserve the win.
        [/quote]You missed the point again! Take the blinders off and then slowly open your eyes and see how much the giants sucked in this game.[/quote]

God you are fkin stupid!! EVERYBODY sucked in this slopfest you idiot!! We scored more points, we deserved the win. Let me know if that needs more dumbing down. I'll get my 2 year old to explain it.
        [/quote]Let me explain it to you so you can understand it, because you have as much brains as your 2 year old. Just because you get lucky and the other team wakes up too late it does not mean that you deserve to win. You deserve to win only if you play a great game and you put the game away in the first qrt, rather than get lucky. We won this game because of luck and not because we deserved to win. Got this? Luck not because of great play.

[/quote] guess you missed all the non-calls / phantom calls in this game then. oh..and the weather / field conditions really made it possible for a good game. this game was sloppy in terms of play, but that sloppiness came as a result of poor conditions / poor officiating. giants deserved to win because they scored more points...simple as that. ps - did you see our running game? and we only held them to 10 pts...[/quote]

If your going to put it in that manner of points on the board? Yes we deserved to win, and in a previous post I stated we did great running. But it was just... bad. bad. bad. There is no reason we shouldnt have done better. But I do recognize that when the dolphins played the patriots they did manage to put up 28 points; They're not unable to play football but we shoulda just done better. I'll take the win gladly; but this certainly raises questions on where we stand.

[/quote]

The slop took away our pash rush yet the D still held them to their lowest point total of the year. If Eli was even semi-competent it would have been a blowout. This is a very good team. The question that needs to be answered is whether this was just an abherration or is this what we can expect from Eli again once the wheather turns bad.

[/quote]

Not sure how you can blame Eli for this messy game. He had a few bad passes, but other than that managed the game very well. The playcalling in these conditions was very poor, especially when our running game was dominating and passes were being dropped all overt the place.. Hell even Eli had 2 good runs, one for a TD. I guess a hater's gotta hate.
        [/quote]

He was 8/22 for 36 yards. He missed wide open recievers constantly.The play calling was "poor" because Eli couldn't be relied to complete anything.How do you blast the coordinator for calling passes yet give a pass to the guy making the passing game fail? Miami had no problems throwing the ball accurately.

Comment

[quote user="flatblack"]fbomb, are you serious?!!? yeah, we held them to 10 pts, yeah we won...but to imply that this victory was satisfactory because it was a "W"(simplify it...duh, so your 2 yr old can understand it...duh...real classy), you are un-real. eli fires a BULLET to a wide open receiver in the end zone, that ends in a FG...you could have under handed that ball over the line, and it would have been a TD. so we settle for a FG. then a gift FG at the half...and we won by 3...wow...i'm impressed cuz a W is a W...please. missed tackles all over the place...absolutely horrible play calling!!! they ran the ball well (lets forget about the jacobs fumble that we were lucky enough to recover...or it could have gotten REAL interesting), i don't know how ANYBODY can be happy (?) because...a W is a W...totally un-impressed. wierd to say this, but at least the kick return game seemed to be improved. maybe the weather conditions helped in that respect...overall, nothing to be impressed about. anyone notice, that we ran the ball well, but so did miami?!?! with a backup runningback!!! come on ...let's be real. a W is a W but this was ugly, with a capital UG![/quote]

I'm not sure what your pont is. I didn't say I was impressed with any aspect of this game.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="JerryGoldstyn"][quote user="NovaGGiants"]

[/quote] I agree - lucky they were playing an 0-7 team or they probably lose.[/quote] VERY good point...anyone but the dolphins, with most of their key playersout, we would have been made to look like fools...sorry, i'm a freakin' die hard, but this made me cringe...the entire way, start to finish.

Comment

[quote user="NYfacade"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NYfacade"][quote user="NovaGGiants"][quote user="common sense"][quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NovaGGiants"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You missed the point again! Take the blinders off and then slowly open your eyes and see how much the giants sucked in this game.[/quote]

God you are fkin stupid!! EVERYBODY sucked in this slopfest you idiot!! We scored more points, we deserved the win. Let me know if that needs more dumbing down. I'll get my 2 year old to explain it.
              [/quote]Let me explain it to you so you can understand it, because you have as much brains as your 2 year old. Just because you get lucky and the other team wakes up too late it does not mean that you deserve to win. You deserve to win only if you play a great game and you put the game away in the first qrt, rather than get lucky. We won this game because of luck and not because we deserved to win. Got this? Luck not because of great play.

[/quote] guess you missed all the non-calls / phantom calls in this game then. oh..and the weather / field conditions really made it possible for a good game. this game was sloppy in terms of play, but that sloppiness came as a result of poor conditions / poor officiating. giants deserved to win because they scored more points...simple as that. ps - did you see our running game? and we only held them to 10 pts...[/quote]

If your going to put it in that manner of points on the board? Yes we deserved to win, and in a previous post I stated we did great running. But it was just... bad. bad. bad. There is no reason we shouldnt have done better. But I do recognize that when the dolphins played the patriots they did manage to put up 28 points; They're not unable to play football but we shoulda just done better. I'll take the win gladly; but this certainly raises questions on where we stand.

[/quote]

The slop took away our pash rush yet the D still held them to their lowest point total of the year. If Eli was even semi-competent it would have been a blowout. This is a very good team. The question that needs to be answered is whether this was just an abherration or is this what we can expect from Eli again once the wheather turns bad.

[/quote]

Not sure how you can blame Eli for this messy game. He had a few bad passes, but other than that managed the game very well. The playcalling in these conditions was very poor, especially when our running game was dominating and passes were being dropped all overt the place.. Hell even Eli had 2 good runs, one for a TD. I guess a hater's gotta hate.
              [/quote]

He was 8/22 for 36 yards. He missed wide open recievers constantly.The play calling was "poor" because Eli couldn't be relied to complete anything.How do you blast the coordinator for calling passes yet give a pass to the guy making the passing game fail? Miami had no problems throwing the ball accurately.

[/quote]

Eli made 2 or 3 poor passes. The recievers dropped 7. Did you even watch the game? The playcalling was bad for 2 reasons. Our run game was dominating and our passing game wasn't. So why start thowing when our recivers are having a hard time catching? Just run the ball. They couldn't stop us.

Comment

We didnt hold the Dolphins to 10 points...The Dolphins held themselves to it....Big Blue better wake the F up or it will be another 2nd half collapse

Comment

[quote user="Mr Excitement"]We didnt hold the Dolphins to 10 points...The Dolphins held themselves to it....Big Blue better wake the F up or it will be another 2nd half collapse
                  [/quote]

oh brother.

Comment

[quote user="NovaGGiants"]

[quote user="NYfacade"]Yes it was a terrible game but what the Giants don't deserve is fans like you who rip them even if they win.[/quote]

They deserve every bit of being ripped; eli was 7 for 22, granted the throwing conditions were horrendus, the fumble that occured was o-line miscommunication, etc.

Heres what they did great

- Ran the ball down their opponents throat

- Eli was aware of his surroundings and made a GREAT scramble for a TD

- No interceptions

- DECENT Secondary line today

Terrible

Dropped passed, you cant afford them and the tipped balls

Penalities

Kicking game STILL.

[/quote]

orginal post was a little eratic, but i agree with all your points there.. but you are being a little hard on them...

Comment

You forgot to mention poor tackling and penalties.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="Mr Excitement"]We didnt hold the Dolphins to 10 points...The Dolphins held themselves to it....Big Blue better wake the F up or it will be another 2nd half collapse
                        [/quote]

oh brother.
                        [/quote]he's right!! are you serious..dude, i'm sorry, i'm really not trying to pick on you. but we did nothing to stop them...they definately stopped themselves...like you said, "did you watch the game". maybe that's my problem with your posts...you do try to be-little people. "what game are you watching" " let me simplify something even my 2 year old can understand"...do YOU understand the point now??

Comment

[quote user="NoHuddle10"][quote user="NovaGGiants"]

[quote user="NYfacade"]Yes it was a terrible game but what the Giants don't deserve is fans like you who rip them even if they win.[/quote]

They deserve every bit of being ripped; eli was 7 for 22, granted the throwing conditions were horrendus, the fumble that occured was o-line miscommunication, etc.

Heres what they did great

- Ran the ball down their opponents throat

- Eli was aware of his surroundings and made a GREAT scramble for a TD

- No interceptions

- DECENT Secondary line today

Terrible

Dropped passed, you cant afford them and the tipped balls

Penalities

Kicking game STILL.

[/quote]

orginal post was a little eratic, but i agree with all your points there.. but you are being a little hard on them...

[/quote]

First post was more of a vent; the rest of my posts actually use some intelligence. Scary huh? But yeah, the wayI look at it is if im not satisifed with their play. They must not be inthebest of moods in the locker room too, as athletes they shouldnt ever be satisfied with 'justa win' as a college athleteI was never satisfied with just first; you want to strive to go for the gold, be the one to set the record and pace and overall attitude for the teamand this probably made them a little dissapointed with themselves..

Comment

[quote user="flatblack"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="Mr Excitement"]We didnt hold the Dolphins to 10 points...The Dolphins held themselves to it....Big Blue better wake the F up or it will be another 2nd half collapse
                            [/quote]

oh brother.
                            [/quote]he's right!! are you serious..dude, i'm sorry, i'm really not trying to pick on you. but we did nothing to stop them...they definately stopped themselves...like you said, "did you watch the game". maybe that's my problem with your posts...you do try to be-little people. "what game are you watching" " let me simplify something even my 2 year old can understand"...do YOU understand the point now??[/quote]

"Pick on me"???? In order to pick on me, you would have to make a valid and informed point. So far you've done niether. The "oh brother" was for him basing the second half of our seaon on this slopfest of a game.

Comment

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades..quit yer complainin', it was rainin'.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NYfacade"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NYfacade"][quote user="NovaGGiants"][quote user="common sense"][quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="NovaGGiants"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eli made 2 or 3 poor passes. The recievers dropped 7. Did you even watch the game? The playcalling was bad for 2 reasons. Our run game was dominating and our passing game wasn't. So why start thowing when our recivers are having a hard time catching? Just run the ball. They couldn't stop us.
                                [/quote]

Yes the recievers didn't have a good game. Even if we use your numbers Eli had much more then 2-3 bad throws since he had 14 incompletions... that's more like 7 bad throws then... and if we add back in the off the turf catch Plax made on our only scoring drive that's 8 bad throws out of 22. He didn't have 2-3 bad throws. He had 2-3 completely unbelievably horrible throws like his complete miss of an uncovered Toomer in the endzone. He was inaccurate and awful the entire game.

Comment

Working...
                                X